Can't believe Amy Winehouse has died! :o

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way. To be honest I could not care less about Amy Winehouse dying from a drug overdose, she had to respect for the talent or good life style she had. As a parent I feel sorry for her mother and father but not her in any way, shape or form.

What I DO feel very sad about is the 92 (lastiest number I've seen on the news) people in Norway who have been murdered by some nutter, I hope they all R.I.P as they did not doing anything to deserve dying the way they did

oh my word! The shallowness of some people! Im not sure its been confirmed yet that she did die of a drug overdose? ok so there is a high chance it might have been drink or drug related, but even so, does it really warrant such a shallow post?

RIP AMY. Hope you are now finally able to find peace with yourself!

oh my word! The shallowness of some people! Im not sure its been confirmed yet that she did die of a drug overdose? ok so there is a high chance it might have been drink or drug related, but even so, does it really warrant such a shallow post?

RIP AMY. Hope you are now finally able to find peace with yourself!

Yeah thats what i was trying to say but you put it better!x

Sent from my X10i

I feel saddened about any premature death. I dont think any one can be righteouse... there are people who are eating, smoking and drinking themselves into an early grave eveyday including myself. People catch AIDS from irresponsible behaviour, how many people use a sunbed daily knowing the risks of cancer. Who can say they are perfect? Who is anyone to judge. Anyone who has had a drink knows there is a risk that from some reason genetic or otherwise that they may become an alcaholic?? But they still took that first sip? Im sure that her family are deeply destressed bye the nasty comments on the web. Any Im sure that there are many addicts dying every day who go unheard of too. I enjoyed her music, if I had such a strong opinion on her being an addict i would have refused to buy or listen to her music. She was a sick woman who sadly died from her problem. I dont think anyone can compare her death to what happened in norway. No one could possibley say they are glad that that happened. But people are realy laying into Amy winehouse. Every one has a right to an opinion. Alot of us take risks with our heath and behaviour, and many will die or become ill because bye taking these risks. She sadly was a person who became an addict. I hope maby it scares young people into not trying drugs in the first place.xxx

I feel saddened about any premature death. I dont think any one can be righteouse... there are people who are eating, smoking and drinking themselves into an early grave eveyday including myself. People catch AIDS from irresponsible behaviour, how many people use a sunbed daily knowing the risks of cancer. Who can say they are perfect? Who is anyone to judge. Anyone who has had a drink knows there is a risk that from some reason genetic or otherwise that they may become an alcaholic?? But they still took that first sip? Im sure that her family are deeply destressed bye the nasty comments on the web. Any Im sure that there are many addicts dying every day who go unheard of too. I enjoyed her music, if I had such a strong opinion on her being an addict i would have refused to buy or listen to her music. She was a sick woman who sadly died from her problem. I dont think anyone can compare her death to what happened in norway. No one could possibley say they are glad that that happened. But people are realy laying into Amy winehouse. Every one has a right to an opinion. Alot of us take risks with our heath and behaviour, and many will die or become ill because bye taking these risks. She sadly was a person who became an addict. I hope maby it scares young people into not trying drugs in the first place.xxx

Brill post! X

fab post! very well said!

I'm not being shallow or righteouse, I'm being realistic. I have know people who where drug addicts, some died at thier own hands. I also had an alchoilc drug addicted mother as I grew up, who is now paying the price of what SHE did to her body, I have seen many many peolpe throw their lifes down the toliet, even when given every opertunite and help.

I myself have my own problems and have tried to kill myself 4 times but I would not want people giving my sympothy for something that was MY doing and my choice. Amy Winehouse CHOOSE to live her life the way she did, knowing full well it could kill her, so why should I feel sad about that?

As I also said, I do feel sorry for her family as it is them who has to pick up the pieces and has lost someone whom they loved.

I feel sorry for those in this life who have come to harm through no fault of thier own, such as those people murdered in Norway or the children dying in Africa through lack of basic food and water.

I don't drink or do drugs but I do smoke, I know it will most likely kill me one day and I don't want people feeling sorry for me when the time comes as it is my choice to smoke.

I've been to a school mates funarul when I was 15, he was 16. He went joy riding in a car stolen by one of his friends one night. A police chase ended in the car hitting another, Karl was throw out of the back window and cracked his scull open, he died at the sceen. Everyone is school was so upset (even peolpe who hated him) but I was not as it was his own fault, the whole school was made to go to his funarul. Life is what you make of it and there are consiqunses for your actions. Too many people are not willing to accept that and blame everyone and everything for thier mistakes.

But everyone does make mistakes and bad choices, sometimes they have tragic consequences. There really is no need to argue over this and other problems occuring in the world right now. Each are tragic for their own reasons. End of.

Last edited:
It was the fact that you 'couldn't care less' that upset me..but that is your perogative to feel that way.

oh my word!

i am so sorry to hear of both your saddness and bitterness Lunarstorm!

i lost a friend earlier this year to alcohol. she was 31. such a beautiful young girl, once so full of life, and such a very talented horse rider/ show jumper. she jumped for England at a very young age. had her whole life infront of her. she got depressed, started drinking....she was warned drink would kill her, but by then it had her in its clutches, and sadly she passed away. in the end it was what she wanted. 2 beautiful white horses pulling the most beautiful white carriage carried her body to the church. they should have carried her alive, for her wedding, instead they carried her to her final resting place...soooo very sad, for her family, but also for her or any human being, to feel that low that they cant see any way out, or any light at the end of the tunnel. Im pleased she is finally at peace, i cant help but think it was a waste of life, but i feel so sad that she didnt have enough support (or realise she had what she did) to come through such a dark phase in her young life!

I feel the same way. To be honest I could not care less about Amy Winehouse dying from a drug overdose, she had to respect for the talent or good life style she had. As a parent I feel sorry for her mother and father but not her in any way, shape or form.

What I DO feel very sad about is the 92 (lastiest number I've seen on the news) people in Norway who have been murdered by some nutter, I hope they all R.I.P as they did not doing anything to deserve dying the way they did

I think your wording was a little bit thoughtless " i couldnt care less about amy winehouse dying" this post was started about her and was not comparing her death to the terrible events in Norway and i dont think it can compare or why you have

I can honestly say that I was a huge fan of Amy Winehouse. I LOVED HER MUSIC. I am truly saddened at the news of her death. She was such an amazing talent. Her life was tragic but her talent was undeniable. I will miss her music tremendously. She was phenomenal.

I've been absolutely gutted all day. I lost count of the amount of times I've cried. No words.

I can honestly say that I was a huge fan of Amy Winehouse. I LOVED HER MUSIC. I am truly saddened at the news of her death. She was such an amazing talent. Her life was tragic but her talent was undeniable. I will miss her music tremendously. She was phenomenal.

Totally agree. xx

Very sad that Amy Winehouse has died, but there are fantastic people that we have all known/ have lost that respected their bodies & fought til the end to save it from cancer... Kind of makes it hard to feel sorry for someone who died abusing theirs.

God bless Amy Winehouse. She gave so much to people with her music and voice and I'll always remember her. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I'm not going to judge her for the way she lived her life and I hope she's now found peace. God bless your soul Amy xox

God bless Amy Winehouse. She gave so much to people with her music and voice and I'll always remember her. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I'm not going to judge her for the way she lived her life and I hope she's now found peace. God bless your soul Amy xox

If there was a like button I would like this! :)

This thread was started so that those people who wished to, could post their respects. If you couldnt care less that she died, then please stay away from the thread.

Thanks,

I just feel so sad, I read a book about a girl with an eating disorder, it was her diary published, as she eventually died she had cut off her family, and they found her body a few days after she died.

I just keep thinking about that girl and the similarities. I just think she was a troubled young girl, nobody chooses to be an addict, I just feel so bad for gee that she had to find comfort in drugs and alcohol. And for her poor poor family who put so much hard work into making her better.

its a terrible shame the poor lass has passed , she was obviously tormented and troubled ,i am gutted for her family :sad:
its been a horrible week , what with norway then her then the horrible crash in china .. my heart goes out to them all x

What a terrible waste of a life. Poor Amy :( i know its difficult for some people to understand but she wouldn't have turned to drugs if she was happy.
What a talented young lady she was & My heart goes out to her family especially her lovely Dad Mitch.
They really fought hard for her.
Rest in peace Amy & I hope that you have now found peace & are singing to all our loved ones up there xx

Latest posts

Back