Cant believe what I have just seen on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i had an oppertunity to make as much money as i possibly could for my children (if i had children) and i knew my time was running out i would 110%milk it for alls its worth everything! interviews new perfumes documentrys the lot!! just because she will feel in her mind that she has done all she possibly can for her boys and they will have that thought with them for the rest of their lifes. I feel completly sorry for jade. Its not her fault the papers have made her famous for being a nobody but i no if the papers made me famous for being a nobody and i had chance to make loads of money i so would. And i think ANYONE that says "o no if i had a choice of staying in a job that pays me 4.55 ph or a job that pays 20.00 ph id definatly stay in the 4.55ph" its practically ther same but shes got fame x

p.s a lot of people respect jade and a lot of people will be in the same position of know people who have been in that position so know what she is going through maybe a public ceromony is in order, if thats what she wants and theres no1 objecting why should it not go ahead? afterall i bet you have an idea of how you want ure funeral and i bet u goes the way you want it... so jsut because shes famous for "nothing" why cant hers go how she wants it ?

i personally think shes brave to speak about all shes going through its obviously going to be a traumatic time for her and everyone around just liek it is with anyone and her condition. If she didnt want the paparatzi there it would be more energy wasted on keeping them out. Easier option to make money. and like someone said .. its making more people go for smears which i think is something thats positive thats come out of all this.

I really don't want to judge a dying person and I certainly can't criticise the importance and attention she has brought to cervical cancer. EVERYONE pays so much more attention issue of cervical cancer thanks to Jade.

I just hope and pray that she dies peacefully.

I just think money isnt everything, money wont make up for what these boys are going to suffer when their mum does die, its not going to make them feel any better, even when they are older they would rather have their mother there rather than the money sitting in the bank.

I just dont think this money she is earning is going to make anything better at all.

I think this is the best way she has of coping with what is happening to her and making the best future for her sons - no money is not everything but she is leaving them financially secure to give them a better upbringing than she had. All she is is the result of her experiences and upbringing - who are we to judge? The very thought of leaving my own son whilst so young leaves me cold.

The very least she has shown is that it is important to be screened and that her public death is revealing to so many what can happen. I think she has shed light on such a taboo subject and knowing the way she is - does anyone expect any different?

Thankyou all for your replies....I think this must be the most amount of replies that ive ever had!!!lol

Seriously though, dont think for one minute Im a heartless cow..because Im not! I find the whole situation very sad.....and I also notice that the media people are starting to find the whole thing now distaceful...her poor boys!

A comment about dignity came up.....which I have to take up

""My thoughts are (after watching my grandad and mum die of cancer) that no-one dies with dignity EVER. You can live with dignity but there's none in dying"""

Dignity can show itself,in my opinion in lots of ways.....Im commenting on what I witnessed and I beleive those people and there families were dignified in the way they handled and accepted dying...they didnt turn it into a media circus and they recieved the care they needed to handle their dying as peacefull as was possible.

It is a very good thing that smear tests are now talked about and are being asked for....lets hope that if anyone recieves a letter saying they have abnormal cells they follow it up!!! unlike Jade from what Im led to believe

Wendy Richards was buried last week, without a tribute from ok...or a public funeral
She wasn't a young mother under 30 yrd old with 2 young sons who have their whole future ahead of them either!

Whats your thoughts?:eek:
hmmm... well, as a mother myself I would be doing the best I could to secure my children's future.

I think she's milking it for all its worth so that her sons are financially secure. I find it all rather mawkish to be honest.
As I said above, I would be doing all I could to secure my children's future, if people don't like it then they don't have to read about it and they don't have to click on the stories about it on internet sites either!

I think it is heartbreaking,
I watched the wedding, and the whole way through the tears just kept rolling,
And I think most of us realise there are lots of people in Jade's situation,
But I also think in the same position I would probably do the same to provide for my babies after I was gone....
I totally agree with you :green:

the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and smacks of typical attention-seeking behaviour that goes hand in hand with other ex-brother participants
You're so very wrong IMO, not all BB contestants are the same, and not all of them have been put in the unfortunate position that Jade has been put in have they?

I just think money isnt everything, money wont make up for what these boys are going to suffer when their mum does die, its not going to make them feel any better, even when they are older they would rather have their mother there rather than the money sitting in the bank.

I just dont think this money she is earning is going to make anything better at all.
No, money won't take the place of their mother but it will make her son's future more secure and provide for them, which is what every mother wants for her children.

I'm not a fan of Jade and she's not one of my fave 'stars', however, if I were in her position then I would be doing the same.
I saw my sister in law go through breast cancer with 2 young children, I saw her when she has her chemo, when she lost her hair, when she lost her breast at 34, when she had her reconstructive surgery, and happily when she beat the disease, unfortunately Jade doesn't have that opportunity to beat her disease and all power to her for trying to provide for the future of her children and to make sure that they have all they need for the coming years when they're without their loving mother and all they have is memories.

May she have a peaceful passing and may her boys remember her for who she was, a loving mother who doted on her babies and tried her personal best for them, no matter what other people think of her! :Love:

I think that at least she has raised awarness for cervical cancer - i know plenty of girls who have never had a smear test.

I also remember having a smear test at 19 and asking the doctor if she could do a brest check at the same time , the doctor told me i must be a worrier to be asking for these tests at my age ???? i was a bit shocked to say the least.

It is now free to have a smear test in Ireland from the age of 25 to 60 so this must say something about the age group that this disease affects.

I have no idea how much Jade has raised for her kids but i think her last days should be focused on keeping her energy for them not focused on raising money for them - surely she should have enough now??? Again i'm not in her position but i have seen someone die from cancer and i think it should be kept private. It can't be easy for the family to be worrying about the media all the time???

The media have no morals and would sell anything - i bought 4 mags the other day for my salon and Jade was mentioned on the cover of all of them!

People say that money can't buy you happiness and hasn't she got enough yet. No, money can't buy you happiness but what it does do is gives you choices. Jade has made sure that her sons are able to make choices in their life and yes, they are going to be devasted by the loss of their mom but they won't have the burden of money worries on top of this through their lives.
I've always taught my children to do well at school and told them that if they get a good education then they will get a good paid job and the money they get will give them choices. I really want my children to have choices in their lives and i will hopefully be there to see it. If i'm not then at least i will have the peace of knowing that my kids will have one less thing to worry about. Jade has given them a good start in life and that's what we all want for our kids, whether we live to see it or not.

When somebody dies, they are always someones brother, sister, child, parent etc...... and it is sad for those who suffer their loss. In this case, 2 young boys will lose their mum and this is sad.

However, I am not a Jade fan. Never have been, never will be! I don't buy magazines with her on the cover and have not watched programs with her in them. Just My opinion.

Last edited:
I think that we should be grateful that Jade's plight has made more women go for their smears, (me included). I think that it is tragic when anyone dies of cancer, or indeed any illness, at a young age.

What annoys me is that if Jade were a teacher/shop assistant/nail tec etc, no one would comment if she wanted to continue working as long as possible, to support her children. Her job is to be in the public eye, that is what she does! Money will not replace the boys mum, obviously, but she will die with the knowledge that their education, their home, their financial future is secure. I am sure that has made her peaceful to know this, surely we cant deny anyone peace on their death!

I pray that I am never in the sad position that Jade is in, having two young boys myself, but if I were I know I wouldwant to do everything in my power to ensure that my boys would have as much as I could possibly give them.

I think that what her death is highlighting is massivly important and will save lives, no question!

I think that what her death is highlighting is massivly important and will save lives, no question!
I think that what is also important, is that apart from early cervical smears, the public (especially young girls & boys), are taught the importance of 'safe sex'. Cervical cell changes leading to cancer are largely linked to Human Papilloma Virus and/or early sexual history with different sexual partners.

Teaching 'safe sex' can significantly reduce the risks of cervical cancer.

Last edited:
I rarely do chitchat and am not a fan of these magazines but what i would like to comment is that I cannot believe that people can express so much anger, dis-like, negativity to someone they have never met! Why does it bother people so much what celebrities do? I dont watch the programmes and I dont read the mags unless I'm interested. I know Jeff and he's just like you or me actually I met Geeg not too long ago and she is exactly the same. I have a few so called celbs in the family and they just get on with it. Jade made her money off a reality show that she didnt even win, she was just like us and really she makes enough money to keep herself comfortably not luxuriously!! If she wants to make money for her kids then go for it I say, as Ruth said she came from exceptional circumstances and has done well. What I have taken from it is the highlighting of cervical smears, cancer in general and death. I have understood so much from talking about this with my clients and about their personal struggles - my own mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer and they caught it early, she doesnt like to talk about it and through Jade I have seen what could of happened to us kids if she hadnt been so fortunate.
Life is full of all different kinds of people and yes everyone has freedom of speech but just think about what you say on public forums - what comments you want to display to the world!

Life is full of all different kinds of people and yes everyone has freedom of speech but just think about what you say on public forums - what comments you want to display to the world!

I agree, however, Jade has made her ordeal very public therefore people will comment openly.

""I cannot believe that people can express so much anger, dis-like, negativity to someone they have never met!

I have re-read these posts and I cant see any of this.........I do however , see a variety of people expressing their personal views on a subject that is rarely out of the media weather that is tv, radio or paper....or even on here:)

This country and others like the u.s.a. does thank god have Freedom of Speech and although is vering towards a nanny state here and if in Chit Chat we cant discuss things like this but have to tread carefully on what we write and what each other says in return,afraid of offending anyone, are we all really being truly honest on how someones nails look..or what are the best products to use for XYor Z but my word, what a hot topic this has proved to be!

If I personally choose to share my thoughts on a public forum for the world to see I will...why? because the topic has in my opinion been made into a public topic to discuss and there is nothing in the world like a difference of opinion between people to make the world go round and get things sorted!

Thankyou all for your replies....I think this must be the most amount of replies that ive ever had!!!lol

Seriously though, dont think for one minute Im a heartless cow..because Im not! I find the whole situation very sad.....and I also notice that the media people are starting to find the whole thing now distaceful...her poor boys!

A comment about dignity came up.....which I have to take up

""My thoughts are (after watching my grandad and mum die of cancer) that no-one dies with dignity EVER. You can live with dignity but there's none in dying"""

Yes that was me hun.

Dignity can show itself,in my opinion in lots of ways.....Im commenting on what I witnessed and I beleive those people and there families were dignified in the way they handled and accepted dying...they didnt turn it into a media circus and they recieved the care they needed to handle their dying as peacefull as was possible.

Dignity can indeed show itself. In THE LIVING.
Like I said already there is no dignity in dying of cancer EVER.
Especially when it gets to the later stages...as many of my closest geeks know...12 months ago I was going through this and was WISHING that my mum would die as she had no dignity left whatsoever. It is a heartbreaking situation to see a clever, full of life person die in this way.
It's painful for the sufferer and is also painful, heartbreaking and hard work for the family.

It is a very good thing that smear tests are now talked about and are being asked for....lets hope that if anyone recieves a letter saying they have abnormal cells they follow it up!!! unlike Jade from what Im led to believe

Leave her alone please...she has no idea about anything now except pain and suffering and hopefully that will end for the poor girl soon.
I feel for the family.....it's hearing the ticking of the deathclock and waiting. :hug:

Latest posts

Back