Cant believe what I have just seen on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
e4+1...hello magazine doing an "official tribute" to Jade Goody,covering her last year or so I believe..... Im sorry but Im really quite taken aback by this and I dont know why? and I can assure you its not because I dont feel any empathy because I certainly do! I think it may just a step to far this time....

Ive worked in health care for over 18 years including Mcmillan nursing and pallative care, I have seen women, men and children of all ages die with dignity and I have councilled and been there first hand whilst the loved ones left behind grieve , get angrier and then the acceptance......so Im certainly not without compassion or empathy towards the situation....am I the only one that thinks this is a step to far? Should she have an "official tribute" in a celeb mag? along with a public funeral for all to attend.....Wendy Richards was buried last week, without a tribute from ok...or a public funeral

Whats your thoughts?:eek:

I think she's milking it for all its worth so that her sons are financially secure. I find it all rather mawkish to be honest.

I think it is heartbreaking,
I watched the wedding, and the whole way through the tears just kept rolling,
And I think most of us realise there are lots of people in Jade's situation,
But I also think in the same position I would probably do the same to provide for my babies after I was gone....

I suppose this is the way you have to look at it... she's not doing it for the fame is she?

As Emma says, she's doing it for her kids and making sure she does as many interviews as possible before she dies for the money for them.

(she always said that interviews were "part of her job" and just saw it as her way of making money.

I was at the docs on Monday for my "girly" checkup that I've been putting off for so long... and I have to say, only for Jade.. think I'd still be putting it off.

the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and smacks of typical attention-seeking behaviour that goes hand in hand with other ex-brother participants - this woman has never been happy unless her face is plastered over mags and papers for one reason or another, and i STILL don't know what she is famous for since doing the programme!?

it seems as though they aren't happy unless every sordid and tiny detail about their lives is paraded around in the media...and i just don't buy it that she is doing it to get money for her sons, as she has quite enough in the bank already.

although i feel sorry for a woman of her years to be dying and for children to be losing a mother, i am of the opinion that when one dies it should be with dignity....and not a sense of pushing the whole thing down everyone's throats on a daily basis.

apologies if this offends anybody, it's just the way i feel.

jue x

Fair play to her I say. She's trying to make as much money as possible and she hasn't really had a very good time since leaving the Big Bro house the second time round. She's doing it all for her children which I think is lovely. She must be really weak and she was still working doing interviews etc.
I watched the wedding and it bought tears to my eyes. It's so sad and she was so strong.
Yes I think she should have an official tribute in a celeb mag and don't see why anyone would question it to be honest.
Lots of young girls have learnt by this being in the press as they number of young women having smear tests have risen.
Hope her suffering is minimal xxx

the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and smacks of typical attention-seeking behaviour that goes hand in hand with other ex-brother participants - this woman has never been happy unless her face is plastered over mags and papers for one reason or another, and i STILL don't know what she is famous for since doing the programme!?

it seems as though they aren't happy unless every sordid and tiny detail about their lives is paraded around in the media...and i just don't buy it that she is doing it to get money for her sons, as she has quite enough in the bank already.

although i feel sorry for a woman of her years to be dying and for children to be losing a mother, i am of the opinion that when one dies it should be with dignity....and not a sense of pushing the whole thing down everyone's throats on a daily basis.

apologies if this offends anybody, it's just the way i feel.

jue x

Of course she is doing it for her sons she cant spend it once she's gone.
I cant believe someone could be so nasty. The poor woman is dying!!!

I don't like it either.
Yes I feel very sad for her and her family but all of this coverage leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Both parents are 'celebs'.... Jade was already very wealthy, so no doubt her children would have been financially secure without this coverage of her - very sad - death. If raising money for her children is her motivation, then why on earth did she marry Jack?

If her motivation is to raise awareness in women of the importance of screening, then surely an advertisement campaign would have been a more effective way - like the adverts currently running to raise awareness of stroke symptoms.

Documenting her death in this way can only cause damage to her children in later life imo.
As they grow older, full of fond memories of their mother, they will be confronted with this information..... information which conflicts with what they grew up feeling and believing. How are they going to feel?
No amount of money will help them then - will it!

Of course she is doing it for her sons she cant spend it once she's gone.
I cant believe someone could be so nasty. The poor woman is dying!!!

Don't think she's trying to be nasty to be fair ... everyone is intitled to their opinion although I just feel a bit sad that she won't be alone feeling this way.

I've always liked Jade so maybe I'm a little biased, but the only thing she has to gain by all this is financial sercurity for her boys.

The nurse on Monday told me she usually does about 20 smears a week and now does at least 20 a day, so whatever anyone thinks of Jade.. she's saving lives

Don't think she's trying to be nasty to be fair ... everyone is intitled to their opinion although I just feel a bit sad that she won't be alone feeling this way.

I've always liked Jade so maybe I'm a little biased, but the only thing she has to gain by all this is financial sercurity for her boys.

The nurse on Monday told me she usually does about 20 smears a week and now does at least 20 a day, so whatever anyone thinks of Jade.. she's saving lives

This is very true. I just find it hard to believe that someone can be so hurtful towards another person that has day's to live if they didn't like her or not. This is someone's child and mother. I'm sure if the boot was on the other foot it would be a different story.
Sad but hey that's what we have to live with in this crazy world.
Lets hope she has saved a few peoples lives chick :hug: xxx

When I went for my smear last week the doc told me that 80% of her smear appointments had not turned up....:smack:

My aunt went for hers yesterday (different county) and she was the only person who had turned up that day out of 15 people!

Strange, but true.

It's a funny old word isn't it??

I guess it is because being in the public eye has been what has made her who she is now and no i don't feel it is wrong.
We have followed every aspect of her life so why not her death what is it about death and funerals that shouldnt be shared when we share everything else.It comes to us all ,no getting away from it.
I cremate my dad tomorrow, we have many, many people coming to his cremation, people and relatives who he hasn't seen for years but they want to say their goodbyes as at some point he was part of their lives as they were a part of his.Many of my friends are coming just to support me and i am so grateful for that.I presume they dont all just want the free buffet.
What is so sad about Jade is she should be in the prime of her life, but being in the public eye she is someone that has been able to make a difference and hopefully because of what she has gone through many women will now be saved.
Because of who she is she has also been able to financially secure the futures of her boys who wouldnt want to do that and good on her for it.
I just hope that after her death her boys will be left alone by the press.

e4+1...hello magazine doing an "official tribute" to Jade Goody,covering her last year or so I believe..... Im sorry but Im really quite taken aback by this and I dont know why? and I can assure you its not because I dont feel any empathy because I certainly do! I think it may just a step to far this time....

Ive worked in health care for over 18 years including Mcmillan nursing and pallative care, I have seen women, men and children of all ages die with dignity and I have councilled and been there first hand whilst the loved ones left behind grieve , get angrier and then the acceptance......so Im certainly not without compassion or empathy towards the situation....am I the only one that thinks this is a step to far? Should she have an "official tribute" in a celeb mag? along with a public funeral for all to attend.....Wendy Richards was buried last week, without a tribute from ok...or a public funeral

Whats your thoughts?:eek:

My thoughts are (after watching my grandad and mum die of cancer) that no-one dies with dignity EVER. You can live with dignity but there's none in dying.
She has no control over anything now it's out of her hands.
Let's just let her die as peacefully as possible. :hug:

My thoughts are (after watching my grandad and mum die of cancer) that no-one dies with dignity EVER. You can live with dignity but there's none in dying.
She has no control over anything now it's out of her hands.
Let's just let her die as peacefully as possible. :hug:

Totally agree with you I think everyone needs to leave the poor girl alone xxx

Jade has made lots of money and through the media she has managed to gain celeb status she is a mother who doesnt want her children to have to ever worry money wise. I ask you what mother wouldnt do this for their kids if they were in her position.

Obviously I feel incredibly sorry for Jade and her family as it is truly awful for someone of her age (well any age) to go through. But I can't think of anyone else who has had so much press coverage for dying and I find it quite morbid. Jade isn't the only one making money from this, it's the newspapers/magazines aswell, which I find very distasteful that there are alot of people out there making money from someones death.

Well people making money from death is a fact, its almost as much as a wedding.

Jade is from a difficult and under priviledged background. Mother was on drugs, Father died of drug abuse..never knowing where her next meal or her clean clothes would come from.. she was always the one taking care of things. That sort of upbringing stays with you.
She knows that her money will opens doors for her boys, doors that will stay open until they are men and ready to go out there and do it for themselves. Education is power and empowers you. In her mind she is taking care of her boys long after she has gone. When her boys have finished their education, they will know that they have had the best eduction money could buy. It's her legacy and how can anyone object to a Mum providing for her kids until her last dying breath.

Jade Goody is Marmite: You either love her or hate her.

It is easy for us to say "How could she do this, or I would never do that, but how do we know what we would actually do? We are not in her shoes, we don't know her mind set. Thank god, that most of us wil never have to contemplate this.

Never judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Would I do the same: Absolutly!!!!

My heart breaks for Jade and her family. She had the most awful upbringing, so I don't blame her one little bit for trying to secure a better future for her boys.

What we need to remind herself is that people must want to know, therefore, buy the magazines, or else they wouldn't print them.

I hope her passing is peacful and that her sons grow up to be well educated, kind young men, knowing that they were adored by their mum.

Latest posts

Back