Cheap things to do with the kids ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant spell it Tricky but that hat looks like one of Jamiqui's you know the singer Jk lmao

now thats what i'm talking about :)

No cat wasn't it:lol:
You need me there mate...God I wish I had some wellies...
No.... I was brought up at Festivals in the late 70's and early 80's...honestly
Deeply Vale..I had a lop sided ponytail and thought I was the dogs wotsits:eek:
And some dodgy boyfriends with bizarre names:eek: :lol:

Keep an eye out for the P*** in the hat if they have any big chill on telly :lol:

So want to see all your hats that you have made with the kids over the next couple of days :)

Knock door run was always a popular one when I was a kid!!!!!:lol::lol::evil::lol::lol:

If you can wait 'till September I'll show you my conkers!!!!!:green:

Knock door run was always a popular one when I was a kid!!!!!:lol::lol::evil::lol::lol:

It was called knock down ginger in my street got slapped by a great big women caught me at the door:lol: Never played it again

It was called knock down ginger in my street got slapped by a great big women caught me at the door:lol: Never played it again
Like it! Might try that!

Sorry Angie! got off topic for a mo.
We have been cutting out masks from the net and painting them and my nail art goodies are being rapidly depleted..on a Mexico theme to begin with but Rach loves Halloween so we are back on that now.
Kids Stuff Free Kids Activities, Crafts, Puzzles, Coloring, Games and Homework Help - Math, Dictionary, Geography, Art, History and more for Kids, Tweens and Teens
Mardi Gras Masks
I print loads of stuff off when she's in bed ie about now.. and she loves colouring etc.
I'm not so good at the old baking thing...I buy the packs at the supermarket though and try my hardest.

Today jack and i made a hat, then we went to the skate board park :)

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6958&catid=newimages

OMG!! love it!! ((Does it come in Black?? :)))

mine have just gone back to school here.. and luckily i have a neighbourhood full of kids.. so its a case of "out the door after breakfast.. pop in for food/toilet/drink/winge/toilet/food.. See you at dinner mum" apart from that we saw Shrek 3 and Potter..made cakes usual stuff. ((Nothing beats cranking the music and having a good old air guitar session.. unless they choose the tunes that is!))

Im not one for planning their holidays.. I like to leave it up to them and allow em a bit of time to relax ... play and be kids! They have enough rushing around during term IMO!

i tend to get the football make the me & boys walk for ages to the big public park armed with a picnic.
they like to play out the front we live in a grove so thats good as i havent yet cut the apron strings reguarding them going further.
luckily there is 3 of them they are close in age so play/ batter the hell out of each other often....
And today we are going to town to get school jumpers and i want some underwear....so will have them making gagging noises in the shops no doubt.:lol::lol:
we are lucky too we have a beach 5 minutes away as we are a seaside town....no sea unlesss the tides in but we have a nice prom we can walk down.
Even the cinema these days costs an arm and a leg...and i am so not into.....the fantastic 4 lol

i tend to get the football make the me & boys walk for ages to the big public park armed with a picnic.
they like to play out the front we live in a grove so thats good as i havent yet cut the apron strings reguarding them going further.
luckily there is 3 of them they are close in age so play/ batter the hell out of each other often....
And today we are going to town to get school jumpers and i want some underwear....so will have them making gagging noises in the shops no doubt.:lol::lol:
we are lucky too we have a beach 5 minutes away as we are a seaside town....no sea unlesss the tides in but we have a nice prom we can walk down.
Even the cinema these days costs an arm and a leg...and i am so not into.....the fantastic 4 lol

lol jo if you saw a woman going frantic at 3 kids trying to sort uniform out in evry shop in southport hun it was me lololol hope you got sorted

we are having a cake making day tommorrow, bought loads of bits in asda today, so wil have a fun morning, me and ben were aking mattys birthday cards before, and now they are out playing footy, been making obstacle course in the garden for ashleigh, shes been racing around hoops and balancing balls for ages now lol

we also go the museum at liverpool, its free hooray and the kids love it, so might do that next week one day

we watched high school musical together last week, with curtains shut, and popcorn etc, gonna watch shrek and shrek 2 (again) on monday, then take them to see shrek 3 next week.

nice ideas girls, xxxxxxgreat thread hun xxxx

lol jo if you saw a woman going frantic at 3 kids trying to sort uniform out in evry shop in southport hun it was me lololol hope you got sorted
all sorted so that was 2 of us in southport looking demented :lol:....rawcliffes was packed

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

me neither, my daughters only 4 and already asking if she will have a baby boy but she would rather have a girl ....... nooooooooo:eek:

Hello All
I love the holidays as I have some time off with my son during the hols as he is only 10 but like you all very soon he gets bored!! it was his birthday yesterday so thankfully his prezzies will keep him entertained for a few days!
Money is really tight at the moment for me so i am trying to do the hols on a budget, I do walks & baking etc but I am also keeping him busy getting him to sort out all his toys and clothes. I am doing the same and we are then going to do a bootsale. This will provide a few pennies to put towards the things to do fund!!! I find that because this will benefit my son it keeps him interested!!
Also i have just been down to Blockbusters video shop and they are doing loads of kids DVDs for overnight rental for 25p. There is a good range of them aswell from older ones to real up to date ones!! If anyone has a Blockbuster near its worth a look! the offer is running throughout the school hols.

Hope this helps :)

Hello All
I love the holidays as I have some time off with my son during the hols as he is only 10 but like you all very soon he gets bored!! it was his birthday yesterday so thankfully his prezzies will keep him entertained for a few days!
Money is really tight at the moment for me so i am trying to do the hols on a budget, I do walks & baking etc but I am also keeping him busy getting him to sort out all his toys and clothes. I am doing the same and we are then going to do a bootsale. This will provide a few pennies to put towards the things to do fund!!! I find that because this will benefit my son it keeps him interested!!
Also i have just been down to Blockbusters video shop and they are doing loads of kids DVDs for overnight rental for 25p. There is a good range of them aswell from older ones to real up to date ones!! If anyone has a Blockbuster near its worth a look! the offer is running throughout the school hols.

Hope this helps :)

I saw that today and thought of this thread :eek: nutter

a long walk collecting natural collage items and picnic followed by a long walk back then sleep :)

then the next day do the collage :)

we hired a badminton court at the local rec. centre - a bargain at £1.60!

Today we made Chocolate Bugs from milk and white choc, they look fab, taste fab, are easy peasy and kept them occupied for ages . . . if anyone wants the recipe let me know :)

we've had a picnic in the garden

We bought a huge piece of card (45p) from the stationers, brought it home and are doing a market scene on it, all drawing bits and adding on collagey bits and pieces, it's looking good and taking a nice long time . . .

good thread

Today we made Chocolate Bugs from milk and white choc, they look fab, taste fab, are easy peasy and kept them occupied for ages . . . if anyone wants the recipe let me know :)

good thread

yes please...my kids love bugs...this sounds brilliant. x

all this makes me sad!!
i have never had time off with my kids, as i have always worked, so mine were either with family members when they were little or at home alone during school holidays until me or my hubby got home, with orders like dont go out , dont touch kettle/microwave/oven etc etc have food left in fridge ill be back at 3pm, or whatever!!
now they are older it has all been missed out on,
i blame the government!!

boo hoo makes me really sad, id give anything to sit at home and do crafts /stuff/play etc with mine

all this makes me sad!!
i have never had time off with my kids, as i have always worked, so mine were either with family members when they were little or at home alone during school holidays until me or my hubby got home, with orders like dont go out , dont touch kettle/microwave/oven etc etc have food left in fridge ill be back at 3pm, or whatever!!
i blame the government!!

boo hoo makes me really sad, id give anything to sit at home and do crafts /stuff/play etc with mine

and i enjoy every moment, but sometimes you just get a little stuck for ideas thats all :hug:

all this makes me sad!!
i have never had time off with my kids, as i have always worked, so mine were either with family members when they were little or at home alone during school holidays until me or my hubby got home, with orders like don't go out , don't touch kettle/microwave/oven etc etc have food left in fridge ill be back at 3pm, or whatever!!
i blame the government!!

i do understand :hug: i felt the same way a few years back when i worked at next and wasn't home with the kids in the holidays. Even now its not every day i can play...i still have clients coming during the day, i just have to leave at least 1 day free during the week for them.....i haven't spent anytime with them today as i had to work all day and all evening till 10pm...and i cant remember the last time i put them to bed....so i really do understand babes. xx

all this makes me sad!!
i blame the government!!

you know what mate, i blame the government too.

if they can give working mums an alowance to pay for childcare whilst they are at work, why the hell cant they pay some money for them to stay at home and raise their own kids ?:irked:

you know what mate, i blame the government too.

if they can give working mums an alowance to pay for childcare whilst they are at work, why the hell cant they pay some money for them to stay at home and raise their own kids ?:irked:

yes your definately right there!!
i didnt work out of choice in a career or anything, it was because i needed the money, so i worked in shops/pubs etc, but would of loved to have taken time off in half term or summer hols to be with them , but didnt get the holidays ( paid) i think now id have been better off on benefits!!
government shovernment!!!

Latest posts

Back