cheeky client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was driving to a clients house one night (new one, never met her before) when I recieved a text saying 'can u pik me up 10 b&h on ur way, giv u £ wen u get ere' I just thought 'oh fab, one of those evenings!'

I ignored it and went anyway and when she asked me about it I just said, 'oh no sorry I didn't get your message, I was driving' Then she said 'are you going to pop back out and get them?'.........................Erm......how about NO?
UNBELIEVEABLE!

I used to take all sorts when I first started out, well you do don't you!

I used to go to this professional single woman's home every month and do a combo reflexology/Indian head massage treatment. She would come in and open her post, make phone calls and go upstairs to get changed (all in MY time). If that happened to me know I would start the clock the minute her treatment time was allocated.

another person I went to insisted on sitting right next to the TV and watch it all the way through. It was the first reality song thingy X factor or fame summat or other.

one client (she was elderly) used to ask me to pick up a few things for her, but once I got the wrong size of aqueous cream and TRIED to refuse to accept it. I had driven 5 miles out of my way to get this pot of cream.

you definetly toughen up when you get some experience under your belt. If a client turns up late and apologies, I just smile and get on with the treatment and finish when the treatment was supposed to have finished.
I have one client who regularly forgets, but after I have rang him, he rushes down and gets the last 40 minutes but I still charge him full price.

yeah sometimes I get the feeling that some people think we are their slaves and they are doing us a favour!!!

One lady I have always rings up and says 'can you just call in sometime and cut my hair when your passsing?' if I did call in at 8.30am or 8.30 pm then she wouldn't be happy!!! everytime I suggest a time its 'oh no our Pam comes for me at that time' or 'ew now I go shoppping on a wednesday morning!' why not just say can I book an appountment?
I know its petty but she really does think she's doing me a favour and really winds me up, and since I last put my prices up (ages ago) her hubby refuses to have me cut his hair, I am way too expensive!!! I mean £6 is that too much:rolleyes: because I was best mates with her daughter when we were kids she thinks I am still that little girl:smack:

theres none more funny as folk eh:lol:

I've had people bring their own tips along (awful ones too, from the kits in Superdrug etc) and expect me to use them on them - and knock money off for it! Why do they look surprised when I say I can't use them? How about a) they are crap quality b) they're not the right shape for your nail c) they are as thick as a dinner plate and would take me all day to blend and d) what a bloody cheek anyhow? :lol:

Funny thread :lol:

Edit to add: If you have an overly-developed sense of political correctness, for Superdrug please also substitute Boots or other similar chemist or drugstore lmao

I am a soft touch and had a client who was elderly and just had a leg massage. Her previous therapist only charged a fiver - so I did too.

She would ask for a brow tweeze and cos she didnt have much money I just said its ok and just charge her for the leg massage. Yeh I know - silly me.

I did like her and she used to get her sons dog - so when I was there I would give the dog a run out (I love dogs so wasnt bothered).

She would make me cakes and I did like her.

When I got the salon she came for a while and then stopped (I still didnt charge her for brows ) .

She eventually stopped coming and a friend of hers said - she didnt come back cos she has someone else and shes cheaper!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

How can someone be cheaper than free ? Ha ha never again will I be soft with people because they are little old ladies.

I also I have learnt that those who say continuously that they have no money - are the ones who actually do have money.

I'm just getting used to the fact that most of my clients HAVE money and are happy to spend it. I'm constantly trying to save them money and suggest that they eek their appointments out and they look at me as if I'm insane!

I also have the clients that only ever book the special offers, which makes me laugh as most of my special offers are full price but have got different combos to make them different to whats on the treatment list.

I am now considering getting some retail products in, as the clients who want the treatments will probably want the corresponding home products.

I am now considering getting some retail products in, as the clients who want the treatments will probably want the corresponding home products.

Absolutely, Hippy-Chick, get those products in!! I read some advice once, sell what you use and use what you sell - it's the best advice I've ever read because it really works and makes selling effortless (as long as you believe in what you're using of course)

Latest posts

Back