Chemical Blending!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondered how many people actually blend their tips with acetone as opposed to filing. I noticed at one of my local nail salons actually use this method, she applied the tips and then with a pad with acetone on gently rubbed the tip and it seemed to have blended. At college we were briefly taught this method but i tried it once and it did not work for me. Does anyone do this successfully !!! thanks xxxx

julesx

Nope not for me. It can cause the tip to crack and weaken it. It really doesn't take any longer to blend using a file. x

When I was training there was a girl who already worked in a salon, it was a lint free pad she used and rubbed over the entire tip!! About three soaked off straight away!!!

When I was training there was a girl who already worked in a salon, it was a lint free pad she used and rubbed over the entire tip!! About three soaked off straight away!!!

thats what happened when i tried it, i thought i had used too much.
thanks for the link fiona x
julesx

even though my answer has a few words to it, theres only one that's important.

EDYOOKAYSHUN !!!!!!

Took me ages to work that out!

Same here! I've been sat looking at it trying to make words out of the letters any everything!

I think I need to have a lie down now!!!

EDYOOKAYSHUN !!!!!!

hope you feel better for that !!!!!!!

thank you nailzoo!

EDYOOKAYSHUN !!!!!!

Bless you!

But seriously - yes you're right! xx

EDYOOKAYSHUN !!!!!!

Really Carl - please use your spell chekker:lol::lol:

sorry may have missed the point on this one, are you saying that i or we need educating because as i said this was a method taught to me while i was doing my vtct course, should i not have been taught this then? just wondered if it worked for you ...........

jules x

I was originally taught this method, & I spent far too long doing it.
I always found blending took ages (actually longer than file blending), and the result was usually a overly softened tip, that just didn't blend right.
I didn't notice the weakening effect / product breakdown at the time, as I knew no better, but since learning to file blend (from this site and more recent education), the product seems to last a lot longer.
Saying that though, my product line is much better nowadays! lol :lol:

there are trainers about who teach this..they also believe in roughing up the nail plate in my experience..IMO they are stuck in the dark ages.
edukayshoon aint always quality..although they firmly believe in thier methods and unfortunately thier students do too..until they search out more modern training

lol, i spelt it wrong!

I was taught this method in my training (it was 1992) except I used a cotton bud to gently rub over the line only and then buff.
However it does weaken the tip and the tip can become brittle.

But it is a dated form of blending and not necessary as tips are very easy to blend these days anyway, and the risk of over exposure to acetone is high.

I was taught this method in my training (it was 1992) except I used a cotton bud to gently rub over the line only and then buff.
However it does weaken the tip and the tip can become brittle.

But it is a dated form of blending and not necessary as tips are very easy to blend these days anyway, and the risk of over exposure to acetone is high.

Thanks pazzy, think i will stick to good old forever filing.........

jules x

Thanks pazzy, think i will stick to good old forever filing.........

jules x

I was also briefly taught this and could never get on with it Jules, so its definately filing for me too.

EDYOOKAYSHUN !!!!!!

Spell Checker, Nail Zoo, Spell Checker!!

I have seen this method done and I thought it looked really unprofessional, and it made the tip virtually disappear.

I was also briefly taught this and could never get on with it Jules, so its definately filing for me too.

filing all round then ..... thanks gem

Latest posts

Back