Christmas shopping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
I feel the need to say I have started my kids Christmas shopping - I have actually got loads in but I can't put this on facebook as my 2 eldest kids have facebook accounts and would see my status and then probably go hunting to find what I have bought lol.

Anyone else started buying pressies yet?

Me too, I buy things as I see them through the year and then they do for birthdays/christmas etc.

I like to have Christmas all done by the end of November as I refuse to shop in December when i'm busy with work and the shops are heaving. I actually take a day off in November and me and a friend wrap everything over a bottle of wine so we look forward to doing it rather than dreading it.

All I need to do now is find where i've hidden everything!!

I have done the bulk of mine! We are off to the USA at the end of Oct for nearly 4 weeks to do Route 66!
My diary is already manic before we go and when we get back fitting in clients and then we are into Christmas party season so I am getting it done early for once!!
I love Christmas!

I get all the small pressies in the January sales, like sets from boots. The big sets of sanctuary etc are always half price so I get loads then. I also get all my cards, wrapping paper etc.

I then get some stuff each month to spread the cost.

Only two left to get now, she says smugly lol

I try not to get presents before December, only because on the couple of occasions I've got them early I've then found something else that I'd want to give people & end up spending twice as much !!

So always put the Christmas tree up the first Sunday in December & do the present shopping the weekend after.

I've always wanted to be early with it as I'm early for everything and it would suit me down to the ground but what holds me back is that the latest craze toys or versions of toys aren't out yet, the new release books haven't been published, along with the latest CD's, DVD's, perfumes, aftershaves and computer games. Everyone wants the latest stuff. I don't want to give my family last Year's bestsellers. They'd be bitterly disappointed.

I've got most of the families. And a fair few bits for my youngest. A couple of stocking fillers for my eldest and a list to order for this month. lol. But I'm doing next years in the January sales lol xxx

You guys are so organised ... I haven't even thought about it yet! :eek:

I have 4 children to buy for and so I have to start early or I would go mad trying to find everything they want in stock and I would be running round the shops like a mental woman.

I buy in the Jan sales etc.. but my kids birthdays are Feb, March, April & May so the Jan sales are for birthday gifts lol.

In July/August (6 weeks hols) we try & go on a family holiday or outings and then my birthday is Sept 15th. I am forbidden from buying Christmas gifts before my birthday so I start straight after getting in what I can when I can.

I have to wait for some things to 'come out' as the kids do ask for the latest games, toys and books but I get all I can as quickly as I can and am really looking forward to being finished.

I have to keep lists of what I have bought & ordered on my mobile so I don't buy the same thing twice (have done that in the past lol) and I try to wrap things in small batches over several nights.

I have started, already. One of my nail clients send me an e-mail when QVC had their Magformers on sale a few months ago. I got my grandson a really cute set. We love Magformers and GeoMag!

I got the girls in my life (my BFF's daughter and my X's daughter) the CND Hydration Super Heroes kit. They'll get that and an iTunes gift card.

I also bought some candles on sale at Bath & Bodyworks for my son's GF. Yes, things are moving right along. :)

Really want to start doing mine soon! Just had to get a new boiler tho & thats set us back £750 so dont think ill be starting my shopping till november ): x

Really want to start doing mine soon! Just had to get a new boiler tho & thats set us back £750 so dont think ill be starting my shopping till november ): x

:hug:

I get married in 2 weeks so I can't think of christmas until that's by with haha!

I have for my sissys and parents! But I pretty much no what im getting everyone. I hope to have it done late november!

I am such a Xmas shopping geek I love doing it early before it gets too mad in the shops. I must admit I've done most of it by impulse buying through the year and hopefully the rest will be easy as I'm now working in my town centre :) love Xmas xx

Have been out and picked up more pressies today. Not much left on the kids lists that we have not got. A few things that we have to wait to be released but the way things are going we will be all finished by the beginning of Nov (& only that late because its the last release date of things we need lol).

I love buying Christmas presents, but we have a lot of birthdays too in Oct/Nov/Dec.
I was going to have 2 days away next week with hubby, and do some shopping then, but we're going to have to cancel as our pup is ill.

Im doing it differently. I have told people not to buy me presents and i wont buy any either. Instead I am going to use the money and take the kids away for a city break in january. I am fed up with all the stuff we get that we dont need. This way they will have a great trip and memories and then next year we will go somewhere different. It is also really cheap at that time of the year and something to look forward to. The kids said that they would love it so thats my christmas sorted....They wont remeber a pile of clothes of toys but they will remember a trip away

Sorry to hear you pup is ill dandelionpoppy.

I am from a large family and we all agreed 2 Christmases ago not to buy for each other or each others kids as we were running about trying to find gifts for children that we didn't really know what they wanted and we had to try not to buy the same as each other and it was all really stressful.

It was suggested we spend the money on our own children and if asked by a child 'what so and so got them' point at a gift and say that was from auntie/Uncle etc...

It has made Christmas shopping so much easier and the kids get stuff they want & like with less gifts 'opened with fake smiles'. It has made the run up to Christmas so much more enjoyable and totally family oriented as we are thinking about those under our roof.

We still buy for my parents and the other halfs parents & 2 of our very close friends but that is it.

I love the idea of a break away together to make memories, hope you have a fab time.

I feel the need to say I have started my kids Christmas shopping - I have actually got loads in but I can't put this on facebook as my 2 eldest kids have facebook accounts and would see my status and then probably go hunting to find what I have bought lol.

Anyone else started buying pressies yet?
I started a few weeks back. I always start early September though as I couldn't bare to leave it to the last minute.
I love the build up to Christmas it fab.:)

Latest posts

Back