Client claiming flyer as a voucher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of client is this lady to the salon. Ie. very regular etc?
Just asking as to give another POV. While I absolutely agree with everything said I mite also just add from a salon owners view I have been in a similar situations.
I think it would be worth having a chat with the owner to see why she is so quick to give over the money. For instance I have an elderly lady that comes into the salon very regularly. She is a very well to do lady and for no reason one day just decided she didn't like the way one of my self employed therapists had done her treatment.
There really was nothing wrong with the treatment she has been coming to us for years and never made a fuss before.
What were we to do? Risk upsetting her and losing a very loyal customer or just cover the loss and keep her happy. I chose to keep her happy but made it very clear that while I believe that the therapist didn't do anything wrong I'm sorry she was upset by it.
I know a voucher is a different situation but the ultimatum is the same. It is the salon owners final decision but she shouldn't be making you feel like it's your fault. I covered the cost put of my own pocket and explained why to my girl. The lady is still a very valued client and has never caused any fuss since.
Obviously I don't know if this might be the case with the salon owner and client. It may just be a genuine mistake by the client and I agree the owner shouldn't resolve the situation it in a way that makes you look bad. But sometimes with clients you can either be right, or you can be happy. You don't always get to be both.

This is a very valid point......and you can really only get this situation resolved by sitting down with the salon owner and hearing what she has to say. If this is a regular customer of hers then maybe she is just doing this to keep her even though she knows the fault is the clients.
Then again I am just surmising, as we all are, as we can't get to hear every side of this story ;)
Good Luck resolving this thorny issue.

Goodluck in whatever you do, keep us posted

Dont you just love Salon Geek? All that support & advice when you really need it, what an amazing bunch of geeks x:hug:x

T
The owner asked me “do you log your vouchers in a book?” in which I replied that I did not do/sell any vouchers so therefore I have no need to have log it. Owner stated that the customer is an long time customer, which I can appreciate, but she was very quick to say she'll take from her till, that to me instantly did not did not sound right especially when nothing was sold.
Are you sure that one of her employees couldn't of sold the flyer as a voucher and the owner knows about it thinking you sell vouchers and could make extra income by this?its just you saying how quickly she said she'll pay makes me think will you may have others doing this?
sazza x

Editied I am not saying the owner would do this but that it could of accidently been done....

Last edited:
In your shoes I would point out to the client and the salon owner 2 things, one, in order to claim a service, a voucher has to be produced, so very sorry, but no voucher no service. Then I would ask the client, how sure are you that your husband bought a voucher from here? Then I would point out that I had never run any vouchers but that a thoughtful husband, might have got the salon mixed up, after all he doesn't get his hair done there does he?

I'm watching this thread with interest! What a nightmare for you.

Do let us know how/if it is resolved! x

Latest posts

Back