Client consultation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks!!!

Just a quicky!

How many of you actually do a client consultation i always do one on all of my clients appointments i do the obvious stuff with their first appointment and then every app thereafter i check how they are getting on taking care of their enhancements if they are having any problems etc.

I had a client the other day and she asked my why i do this and i told her i wanted to make sure my cients were getting the best out of their enhancments (if you know what i mean) and she said she has NEVER had a consultation!!!!!! and has been having her nails done for 7 YEARS!!

So how many of us actually do client consultation?????

Hi glittergirl!
I would do client consultations every time i had a client...............If i had any clients that is!!:rolleyes:
glittergirl said:
Hi Geeks!!!

Just a quicky!

How many of you actually do a client consultation i always do one on all of my clients appointments i do the obvious stuff with their first appointment and then every app thereafter i check how they are getting on taking care of their enhancements if they are having any problems etc.

I had a client the other day and she asked my why i do this and i told her i wanted to make sure my cients were getting the best out of their enhancments (if you know what i mean) and she said she has NEVER had a consultation!!!!!! and has been having her nails done for 7 YEARS!!

So how many of us actually do client consultation?????

I do one for every client, and update their cards at every appointment. Isn't it a legal requirement?!

I've had tons of clients that have never filled out a consultation/record cards, the other girl I work with has had a couple of clients who have been really funny about giving their details out aswell! They always get weird about stating their date of birth LOL!

hi, i def do a consultaion before any treatment, i think its inportant to helps you keep on top of things and you can always refer to it if need be.xx

I always do a client consultation and fill out a client card too. For one thing you need to do this for your insurance to be valid. If a client starts to say you didn't do this or did that, you can refer back to client card and say you did this and that. You need to keep a record of every treatment you do so you can see improvement, different system changes if any, plus any problems and what you advised.

Also it helps when a client says they loved a particulare nail colour they had a month or so ago, you can look back and see what it was.:D

HI,
Of course you should always do a full consultation and fill out a client record card on a clients first appointment...as has already been pointed out this is a requirement of your insurance cover.....and you have to keep this client record card up to date with all her treatments, it is good business sense and just plain old common sense.
I bet your client really appreciates your professionalism glittergirl.

I can honestly say I always do a client consultation. Its the only way to keep track of exactly what they have done each time eg.. what colour varnish, when 'solar oil' was retailed so you know when they about to run out.... etc. x

iam not up and running as a pro nail tech as such yet hope to start in the new yaer after my little baby is born in nov but gathering as much info as poss for the time being so what exactly should i put on my client consultation cards then?

I always do one and do an update at each following appointment.

VERY IMPORTANT that they're done.

Yes, always! For myself as much as\anything. xx

Kirsty Dalton said:
iam not up and running as a pro nail tech as such yet hope to start in the new yaer after my little baby is born in nov but gathering as much info as poss for the time being so what exactly should i put on my client consultation cards then?

Hi Kirsty!

I dont know what everyone else has on theirs but i have name address D.O.B etc what treatments the client has had if they had any problems polish colour and retail items i also have a disclaimer on the bottom which i get clients to sign.

hth

I was totally gobsamcked that my client had been having her nails done for 7 years and had never had a consultation!!

I always d a client card at the begining and at each appointment i aslo get them to sign it as well.

I keep info on there sucha s kids names and wether theya hve tea cofee sugar etc.. silly things but helps me to remember.
x

glittergirl said:
Hi Kirsty!

I dont know what everyone else has on theirs but i have name address D.O.B etc what treatments the client has had if they had any problems polish colour and retail items i also have a disclaimer on the bottom which i get clients to sign.

I fill out a consultation card on every client and update the card after every appt. detailing any problems or even if the enhancements were looking great. I don't have them sign a disclaimer though. Could you give more detail on what your disclaimer says please or how it should be worded?

Mrs.Clooney said:
Could you give more detail on what your disclaimer says please or how it should be worded?

I would also like to know this. I havent started out yet but will hopefully be soon. Also what company does everyone use for their stationery and costs please?

I always complete a consulation at every appointment, from a full blown one at the initial appointment, to a how are they going, do you want the length brought down etc on subsequent ones. If they are having mega probs then it's back to the drawing board, revisiting their lifestyle, product length and application to get it right.

Just one thing though, do you have to get your client to sign at each appointment for insurance purposes, or just the initial consultation?

Sassy Hassy said:
I always complete a consulation at every appointment, from a full blown one at the initial appointment, to a how are they going, do you want the length brought down etc on subsequent ones. If they are having mega probs then it's back to the drawing board, revisiting their lifestyle, product length and application to get it right.

I agree Sass, but isn't this standard practice with all techs? I'm aghast if it's not or am I really that naive that some people don't do this (not talking NSS here because we know they don't)? When my clients sit down I examine their hands and nails under my light and then we discuss the procedure to be done such as Lenght, shape etc..... if they have had no problems before I even pick up a file.

Ive been doing most of my nail clients for quite a while, so I start doing their cuticles and shaping the free edge whilst asking what they want this appointment. and if they have had any problems etc.

Mrs.Clooney said:
I agree Sass, but isn't this standard practice with all techs? I'm aghast if it's not or am I really that naive that some people don't do this (not talking NSS here because we know they don't)? When my clients sit down I examine their hands and nails under my light and then we discuss the procedure to be done such as Lenght, shape etc..... if they have had no problems before I even pick up a file.

No I hear it happens a lot, and not just from the NSS. Also when I push back cuticles they say their tech never does that either, it's amazing what corners people cut for the sake of speed.

I'm like you Kate, some of my regulars I just have to say, the usual? and get on with the same procedure week in week out! and their record card is full of ditto marks!

on my insurance, it actually states that i have to have asked my client if they are allergic to acrylic nails, so i ahve tick boxes and one of the questions is are you or have youever been allergic to acrylics? yes [] no []
then they sign it also.

Latest posts

Back