Client didn't have money to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemaC

Reaction score
I Am a mobile nail technician and i went to a clients house on 16th march, did Gel colour removal and reapplication plus a pedicure. Altogether her treatments were £45. After i had finished it all i started packing up as normal...i had done her nails 3/4 times before and she seemed nice enough. Once i had finished packing up i told her the amount it had come to and she said she will have to give it to me next friday as she doesn't get paid until then? so i couldn't really do anything about it? so i said okay i will come round at blah blah blah time.. the next friday she says that unforuntley she wouldnt be at home so can she book and appointment for the 30th march at 2pm and pay me then? so i say okay. she then cancels that appointment on the morning on the 30th and wants to book in again for 3rd...i explain i will charge a cancellation fee so her total cost is now £50...On the 3rd she cancels that appointment and now will not answer her phone? texts? i have been to her house and no answer although her car is outside...WHAT DO I DO? :(

oh gosh i cant really offer any help here but i can sympathise! i had a girl say she only had £20 for a £40 treatment, and it would take her at least 15mins to get to the cash machine so will we just leave it, i said no its fine il wait in my car and do paperwork til you get back :D
i cant offer anything constructive here other than live and learn, i let my clients know approximately how much they will be before i get there on the day xxx

oh gosh i cant really offer any help here but i can sympathise! i had a girl say she only had £20 for a £40 treatment, and it would take her at least 15mins to get to the cash machine so will we just leave it, i said no its fine il wait in my car and do paperwork til you get back :D
i cant offer anything constructive here other than live and learn, i let my clients know approximately how much they will be before i get there on the day xxx

im so upset :( i know its not much but why shouldn't she pay? i would never do that?
im tempted to start taking payment first?
some people are annoying hey?

I Am a mobile nail technician and i went to a clients house on 16th march, did Gel colour removal and reapplication plus a pedicure. Altogether her treatments were £45. After i had finished it all i started packing up as normal...i had done her nails 3/4 times before and she seemed nice enough. Once i had finished packing up i told her the amount it had come to and she said she will have to give it to me next friday as she doesn't get paid until then? so i couldn't really do anything about it? so i said okay i will come round at blah blah blah time.. the next friday she says that unforuntley she wouldnt be at home so can she book and appointment for the 30th march at 2pm and pay me then? so i say okay. she then cancels that appointment on the morning on the 30th and wants to book in again for 3rd...i explain i will charge a cancellation fee so her total cost is now £50...On the 3rd she cancels that appointment and now will not answer her phone? texts? i have been to her house and no answer although her car is outside...WHAT DO I DO? :(

Thats terrible, i really dont no what i would do, maybe call round again! call her off another number as she may pick up! i really feel for you :(xx

This kind of rubbish does happen I'm afraid. The question is how far you want to take it. I would send her an invoice for the amount and ask her for immediate payment. Give her your account details to transfer the money. If she ignores this send another telling her legal action will be taken if she does not comply and damages recovered from her.
From there on it is up to if you can be bothered taking it further or just see if she calls your bluff. Personally if you can't get a reply from her I would prob leave it.

Thats terrible, i really dont no what i would do, maybe call round again! call her off another number as she may pick up! i really feel for you :(xx

i called off my mums landline and no answer and of my landline which isnt a local number to her & no answer. I have been round twice now. i really am just so angry! some people just don't care do they? :(

Yes definitely call from another number & I bet the cheeky mare picks straight up!

How dare she do that to you.. :eek:

print out an invoice (make one on your computer!) & post it to her address with a note attached. Say you expect full payment by cash or cheque within 7 days.

If no response.. post another note but go a little harder this time, say she has a further 7 days to pay the sum due or you will be contacting your solicitor in regards to taking her to a small claims court (even if you dont plan on doing this, still say so as it may scare her into paying up)

Hope you get sorted & paid your money you are due! x

This kind of rubbish does happen I'm afraid. The question is how far you want to take it. I would send her an invoice for the amount and ask her for immediate payment. Give her your account details to transfer the money. If she ignores this send another telling her legal action will be taken if she does not comply and damages recovered from her.
From there on it is up to if you can be bothered taking it further or just see if she calls your bluff. Personally if you can't get a reply from her I would prob leave it.

i know stuff like this happens :( think i just get upset because i would never do it to someone else...you wouldn't go to tesco checkout and say i dont get payed till next week i will pay then, i am now writing up a letter, cancelling down everything that she owes me with my account details saying i would like it in my bank by friday! soo irritating, have you had stuff like this happen before? think i will end up having to leave it :(

im so upset :( i know its not much but why shouldn't she pay? i would never do that?
im tempted to start taking payment first?
some people are annoying hey?

I know, why would you get a treatment knowing you could not pay! for one i would not enjoy it as be worrying too much, x

Yes definitely call from another number & I bet the cheeky mare picks straight up!

How dare she do that to you.. :eek:

print out an invoice (make one on your computer!) & post it to her address with a note attached. Say you expect full payment by cash or cheque within 7 days.

If no response.. post another note but go a little harder this time, say she has a further 7 days to pay the sum due or you will be contacting your solicitor in regards to taking her to a small claims court (even if you dont plan on doing this, still say so as it may scare her into paying up)

Hope you get sorted & paid your money you are due! x

Thank you for your reply hun, yeah i will post the invoice through her door tomorrow and see if anything comes of it? i know her work number but is it professional to call that? i also know she leaves for work at 8am but is it bad to go round just before 8 to catch her as she leaves?

Great idea Lush lash i would do that xx

I know, why would you get a treatment knowing you could not pay! for one i would not enjoy it as be worrying too much, x

Thanks for your reply...i will let you know iF i hear anything from her...i really don't think i will.

Thank you for your reply hun, yeah i will post the invoice through her door tomorrow and see if anything comes of it? i know her work number but is it professional to call that? i also know she leaves for work at 8am but is it bad to go round just before 8 to catch her as she leaves?
No its not bad! its bad what she has done cheeky thing, i feel like calling her myself :mad:
Hope you get it sorted xx

No its not bad! its bad what she has done cheeky thing, i feel like calling her myself :mad:
Hope you get it sorted xx

i will send a few invoices and maybe call her work phone number during work hours..then if still no luck i will go there before 8am one day and just say i was passing pay! i WANT the money :eek:

I'd send her an invoice in the mail. I'd also send it registered mail, or the equivalent in your area.

What you do is this:

You write it off to experience.

You send her a recorded delivery letter, Special Delivery, not Signed For.
You tell her she owes you £x for treatments on x date, payable within 7 days.

Nice idea about threatening the small claims court, or solicitors, but you do know that you will have to pay to submit a claim don't you? And dispute resolution solicitors cost about £200 an hour plus VAT. For a 50 quid treatment fee - are you really going to bother?

And about the car being outside the house, come on, she could have been out on foot!

Bummer of a way to learn that you can trust nobody, really.

Next time ask for payment before you start the work.

Do not defame her in any way, and do not call her place of work.

Sorry.

I saw a thread very similar to this a couple of months ago and geeg stated that this is an offence call the police as this is theft this is what I would do then don't do any more treatments for her again.

I would honestly ring the police of course that is if you want your money back Hun.xxxx

Iq can't believe someone would get something done and then say they didn't have money! Why do they think that's ok? They wouldn't be allowed to do it in a normal shop.

How cheeky! I'm so angry for you. I hope you get your money. £40 is a lot of money to me. That's basically my phone bill or a few new colors so don't give up.... X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

What you do is this:

You write it off to experience.

You send her a recorded delivery letter, Special Delivery, not Signed For.
You tell her she owes you £x for treatments on x date, payable within 7 days.

Nice idea about threatening the small claims court, or solicitors, but you do know that you will have to pay to submit a claim don't you? And dispute resolution solicitors cost about £200 an hour plus VAT. For a 50 quid treatment fee - are you really going to bother?

And about the car being outside the house, come on, she could have been out on foot!

Bummer of a way to learn that you can trust nobody, really.

Next time ask for payment before you start the work.

Do not defame her in any way, and do not call her place of work.

Sorry.

She moved to where i live 4months ago for work, and clearly said to me when i did her nails she doesnt know anyone round here so she only ever goes to work, tesco or her mums in essex so its quite likely that she was at home...thank you for your help

Iq can't believe someone would get something done and then say they didn't have money! Why do they think that's ok? They wouldn't be allowed to do it in a normal shop.

How cheeky! I'm so angry for you. I hope you get your money. £40 is a lot of money to me. That's basically my phone bill or a few new colors so don't give up.... X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

i will keep you posted if i manage to get the money, SOOOO annoying, and has made me very very angry but i dont think i am going to be able to get the money back? x

Latest posts

Back