Client didn't have money to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol . Dosent know locals and dosent know her nail tech.
Give her a receipt and have a letter attached with your policy on payment, and possibly what another poster said about the law.
Xoxo

What you do is this:

You write it off to experience.

You send her a recorded delivery letter, Special Delivery, not Signed For.
You tell her she owes you £x for treatments on x date, payable within 7 days.

Nice idea about threatening the small claims court, or solicitors, but you do know that you will have to pay to submit a claim don't you? And dispute resolution solicitors cost about £200 an hour plus VAT. For a 50 quid treatment fee - are you really going to bother?

And about the car being outside the house, come on, she could have been out on foot!

Bummer of a way to learn that you can trust nobody, really.

Next time ask for payment before you start the work.

Do not defame her in any way, and do not call her place of work.

Sorry.

By all means ring the police for a crime reference number.
Unless you can prove that you didn't receive the money from her it will be difficult for the police to do anything.
Did you make contemporaneous notes about her not paying?
Did you email her to acknowledge her non payment?
Can you prove that you didn't give it to her as a freebie?

I'm sorry to sound so "humourless" but I know from bitter personal experience that if if this woman is the sort to shy away from paying she will likely not worry about lying about the whole nature of the transaction.
I too am a very principled person but are you really willing to throw good money after bad.
Transfer the energy into earning more from other means.
Move on.

Send her a confirmation text saying that you will be there at 7pm to collect £x for unpaid nail services on x date. Ask her to confirm that this is so.

Good practical advice all the way through this thread from Lynne.

I am quite taken aback by some of the vitriol and hysteria on this thread too though, and think some of it is excessive.

We are in business, and in business these things can happen and we need to learn how to deal with them professionally, and ideally put processes in place to prevent them from happening in the first place.

Good luck to the OP and I hope that it is all resolved on Thursday.

I hope you get the money and I wouldn't give up on it. People like this need to know that they can't go around getting 'free' treatments.

Its a lot of money to forget about and turning a blind eye to it will just encourage her to do it to someone else.

Oh my gosh this is awful, just keep calling her :( lucky this has never happend to me but if it did I really wouldn't know what to do. xx

I would get nasty now, if someone treated me like this the gloves are off and the professional goes out the window, cant stand cheap scroungers.

Send the Invoice by registered post
Send Text messages
Check and see if she has a Facebook page
This is all proof you have tried to contact her.

I personally WOULD NOT get nasty. I know it's frustrating and you must be so angry and upset (I know i would be) however, i would personally remain professional at ALL times! If you don't get your money back tomorrow when you go (fingers crossed you do) you could threaten with legal action if you want (but personally I wouldn't go ahead with it as it's more expensive, but the threat might be enough to work!) then I would write it off as an 'expensive' lesson learnt! NEVER treat her again (regardless if she pays up or not) and take payment first in future! I know it sucks :-( but you don't want to destroy your reputation by 'GETTING NASTY'!!
as the saying goes.... Two wrongs don't make a right!

Hope you get it sorted hunni. Big hugs xxxx

This is awful don't think I could just let this go to be honest, let us know how you get on x

Last edited by a moderator:
This is terrible eh? But unfortunately these things do happen. You have been given great advice on this thread and I do think you should remain as professional as possible.

And then she cannot go away and say a bad word about you.

Thanks for your help every body! I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get hold of her @ work, finally get through after her saying she doesn't know who I am she finally said I can pick up payment Thursday at 7pm =\ xx

Lol silly woman what am embarrassment she has made of herself! Wonder if she'll even be there on Thursday! X

Take a witness when you collect the monies owed. Just incase.

I won't be getting nasty :( its not worth the bad name she could give me! I'll go at 7pm tommorrow! My dads coming with me just incase as she made it quite clear on the phone I must be on my own??? Very strange I tell you!! But if she's not there or doesn't answer I dunno what I will do yet! We shall see what happens tomorrow! I have been offered some great advice in this thread, thank you all so much! I will deffo come on tomorrow night & let you all know how I get on! Keep ya fingers crossed ;) x

I won't be getting nasty :( its not worth the bad name she could give me! I'll go at 7pm tommorrow! My dads coming with me just incase as she made it quite clear on the phone I must be on my own??? Very strange I tell you!! But if she's not there or doesn't answer I dunno what I will do yet! We shall see what happens tomorrow! I have been offered some great advice in this thread, thank you all so much! I will deffo come on tomorrow night & let you all know how I get on! Keep ya fingers crossed ;) x

Gosh it's starting to sound like a storyline from Spooks!

Good luck I hope you get it sorted.
I used to work in an accounts department, we would send a letter giving 7 days to pay and if nothing send a second letter recorded giving 7 days or further action would be taken. I think small claims court is about £50.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

She is now saying she won't be in tonight! Iv posted invoice with my account details saying I need payment in my bank in 7days! OMG!

Somehow I'm not surprised.
:(

She is now saying she won't be in tonight! Iv posted invoice with my account details saying I need payment in my bank in 7days! OMG!

It's situations like this that make me think should I do a 'payment before treatment' policy? I hate the idea of paying before you receive your treatment as it seems so uncivilised and gives the impression that all you are bothered about is getting the money and not doing a good service. So I would personally never do it, but I can't think what else you could do to protect yourself from ladys like this.

Knew this would happen! If she doesn't pay up take it further! xx

Latest posts

Back