Client's child smashed mirror

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would of even made a friendly phone call saying hello Dorris I've just spoken to the supplier and the mirror will cost £xx plus vat to replace, I am happy to come pick it up next week as I am working in your area! Then your nice and friendly and how can she not say yes to that!!

It's a difficult situation but I wouldn't back down, her daughter broke an expensive mirror of yours and therefore she has to pay the full amount, she's got a nerve telling you she will only pay £30, why on earth should you be out of pocket for £20, she's not your child or responsibility, she's hers!!!!

It could be worth everyone checking with their insurers about this situation - would they cover it if it was more expensive equipment, and would they recover the costs?

Mat

Thanks for your replies .. I am waiting to get my invoice through then will forward it and see what happens . Maybe make her feel guilty ..say that I'm disappointed she doesn't feel she needs to pay the full amount as I would surly be liable for anything of hers I broke .. #akward

Just to let you all know I had a text from her today saying she has replaced the mirror and I can pick it up on Saturday .. Wondering what it is I am picking up ....... I hope it's the same :)

Just to let you all know I had a text from her today saying she has replaced the mirror and I can pick it up on Saturday .. Wondering what it is I am picking up ....... I hope it's the same :)

Ha! I doubt it. It's probably something she's bought from Home Bargains or Matalan or somewhere. Keep us posted.

Please, no really, please don't send texts like this; it really doesn't project a professional image.
I think the lesson learned here is that you can't expect people to care about your business the way you do.
As annoying as it is I think I wouldn't expect a client to reimburse you; it's just one of those things.
C'est la vie.

Please, no really, please don't send texts like this; it really doesn't project a professional image.
I think the lesson learned here is that you can't expect people to care about your business the way you do.
As annoying as it is I think I wouldn't expect a client to reimburse you; it's just one of those things.
C'est la vie.

True, but maybe se could get her own back by dripping tint on an expensive top of the clients and giving her another from primark, or a bit nasty but flick tiny into the child's eyes then give her £1 shop reading glasses :p ott xoxo

True, but maybe se could get her own back by dripping tint on an expensive top of the clients and giving her another from primark, or a bit nasty but flick tiny into the child's eyes then give her £1 shop reading glasses :p ott xoxo

You have an evil streak!

I especially love your hotel room fiasco. :hug:

Please tell me you're not serious...

Ha halove it

Fair enough if it was a tint bowl or comb /brush that was broken . I could let that slide .. It could of been my straighteners or scissors that were broken .. I am forever telling kids to get away from my mirror and kit as its expensive and someone could of been hurt . Thankfully not .
I don't think I will be seeing her again after tomorrow ..

Once you have the mirror situation sorted, I would think a revision of your policies is in order.

I know it can sometimes feel difficult; you're in someone elses space and they will think that, that fact trumps your professional capacity and safe working conditions but you really have to make it clear that children should not be playing around near your equipment.

Yes, you said it could only have been a tint bowl or something, but - quite apart from the fact that your equipment was broken - the children could have been hurt by broken glass, burnt by straighteners, hurt by chemicals, etc. You need to make everyone aware just how dangerous the chemicals/equipment we work with can be when not treated with the respect they command. Add it in your terms and conditions on your website, or literature, and mention it when your clients book.

Once you've done that, you've ensured that you'll avoid this kind of situation in the future ;)

I have written polices regarding children going near equipment and breakages or damages to my equipment that i email to the client once they have booked.

What did she get?x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I picked up my mirror which is now 3x heavier and has nail tacks sticking out of the side . It is too heavy to stay up so keeps sliding down :(
Looks like I'm gonna have to fork out the full £50 myself now to get the right one . Lesson learned .

I picked up my mirror which is now 3x heavier and has nail tacks sticking out of the side . It is too heavy to stay up so keeps sliding down :(
Looks like I'm gonna have to fork out the full £50 myself now to get the right one . Lesson learned .

If it was Me, I wouldn't have taken the mirror she brought. It should of been replaced to exactly what you had no more, no less.

Smash it and send it back in bits in different envelopes xoxo

I know - I was just happy to get it fixed and glass is glass . Suppose i didnt think about it being any heavier .. Nothing I can do now as she wouldn't pay up anyway.

Latest posts

Back