CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've use my brush applying the additives to uncured Shellac. Please can someone tell me the most kindest and effective way to clean my brush please

E x

Mine just arrived and the black had leaked so now I look like I've been cleaning tho fireplace? Don't want to wait to send them back so have just wiped everything with a baby wipe! I would think you clean your brushes with alcohol.

I've use my brush applying the additives to uncured Shellac. Please can someone tell me the most kindest and effective way to clean my brush please

E x

Did you mean to say 'uncured' shellac?

I'd be interested to know the "official" answer to cleaning brushes.
I clean my make up mineral brushes with diluted baby shampoo!

Mine have just been delivered and I'm in work :(
Roll on 5:30. :)
Vicki x

561d649e-dc94-eb16.jpg

Hi Lucie,
What have you used for this one?

Mine just arrived and the black had leaked so now I look like I've been cleaning tho fireplace? Don't want to wait to send them back so have just wiped everything with a baby wipe! I would think you clean your brushes with alcohol.

Oh no!!! Nightmare!!! And had to be the black too!!

E x

Last edited:
Isn't this the thing though? It's one of the skills that sets a true professional apart. Anyone can pick a colour off the shelf but who can provide a client with the EXACT shade that's been created just for them? Yes, of course it's a marketing story but one with education and help.

Some of my 'clients' can spot a half tone out at 50 paces! (including Mr Mark Jacobs of Louis Vuitton who has just taken me to Shanghai, first class all the way, because I can create the EXACT colour by mixing! Bit extreme I know but just an example:o:o:o:o:o:smack:)

If you ever need a personal assistant im here!! :)

I love these! Did you use with Brisa?

I have acrylic extensions on underneath, then shellac with additives on top. Thanks for the comment (it meant a lot as this is the very first time I have ever posted a picture on Salon Geek). :hug:

Top is Blackpool with pink shimmer in top corner, cerulean blue from bottom
2nd is tutti fruiti with the blue but did it tonight on a client and looks more blue than this on actual nails, will show u in a pic now...
3rd is purple purple with the blue
Bottom one is cream puff with the red and orange

This is tutti fruiti with blue and the punk shimmer x
561d649e-17ab-5102.jpg

Top is Blackpool with pink shimmer in top corner, cerulean blue from bottom
2nd is tutti fruiti with the blue but did it tonight on a client and looks more blue than this on actual nails, will show u in a pic now...
3rd is purple purple with the blue
Bottom one is cream puff with the red and orange

This is tutti fruiti with blue and the punk shimmer x
561d649e-17ab-5102.jpg

This one is gorgeous!

Eek! I can't wait to order mine now! Some gorgeous pictures! :)

5208b3e9-1f40-42c9.jpg

Shellac tropix with yellow pigment and various effects

Any additives color combinations that will create pastel colors?

To get lighter/pastel colours you need to mix your colours with white, you can use white acrylic powder and to get a shimmer effect add maybe spectrum shimmer or maybe titanium pearl. I have to add I haven't actually tried this yet its my best guess ;)

The step by step says to make the rings, by mixing additives with ISA to make a sort of watercolour paste.

Hmm...I didn't think the "tacky" layer could or would need to be cured again as such. Isn't it just a residual layer as a by-product of curing? Also, does uv light evaporate ISA? Doesn't it evaporate by itself (with oxygen)?

ISA is alcohol which will evaporate on it's own but heat + light + fan will speed up the process.

Don't you mean IPA girls? ISA is not alcohol.
To clean your brushes just use a wipe with some clean IPA and it rub it against the wipe until it is clean. Does come out eventually but the heavier pigmented ones like black do leave a residual stain in the brush, And can be a nightmare to get off if you accidentally spill any on anything.
I know have been there.
Jen xx

Don't you mean IPA girls? ISA is not alcohol.
To clean your brushes just use a wipe with some clean IPA and it rub it against the wipe until it is clean. Does come out eventually but the heavier pigmented ones like black do leave a residual stain in the brush, And can be a nightmare to get off if you accidentally spill any on anything.
I know have been there.
Jen xx

Thanks Jen :hug:

hi they sell different types but some of the sets are cosmetic grade.
But how do you really know? They could be just saying that, and we don't know how long it would take for someone to start having a reaction, is there anything to say they have a safety standard mark on them. I'm sorry but I wouldn't be using these just on someones statement who is selling them that they are cosmetic grade. :eek:
My insurance wouldn't cover me to use them for a start as they are an unknown entity. Don't fancy a client having a reaction to them and then deciding to sue me.
Real branded products that have the research and development gone into them be it by a nail brand or a well known make up rand like MAC have been proven and tested to be safe for use on skin.

Latest posts

Back