CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! Lovely Nicole xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you my loves!

Am I doing the right thing to create and Ombre look? I have done a couple of pops and start by carefully dabbing on small amounts of the Additive, starting from the bottom. Gradually working my way up dabbing for a full look, until I then decide to try and blend.
I then start 'pulling' the full area towards the free edge to make the faded effect and this also creates a further area of Additive, but a more transparent look the closer it gets to the free edge.

20120827_113648-1.jpg

fedoraandadditive.jpg

You can see by the second pic that I was not as particular in the central area of pulling the Additives towards the free edge.
But, is this technique how I should be doing it?

What did you use for the brown one? I love the combo.x

It's Fedora (Shellac) and Antique Bronze Additive.

I am sorry for the size of the photos, I've had a bit of bother with them today coming out all sizes!

It's Fedora (Shellac) and Antique Bronze Additive.

I am sorry for the size of the photos, I've had a bit of bother with them today coming out all sizes!

Thanks.
Much prefer that size photo, it's much easier to see.x

Hi, how do you apply shellac additives?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Having played with the additives on tips all week I decided it was time to let them loose on some real nails... Mine! So I went for a fade from pinky colour into a purpley colour. Attempt one looked pants so it was removed. Attempt two looked better but with a massive hair on little finger, but I thought, ah I'll redo that one tomorrow. Then I d-spersed and found I hadn't top coated fully. So a good few hours later I am left with two nails out of 10 done. Reasonably happy with them - but feeling stressed about others as going away tomorrow and still loads to get sorted - plus 8 nails to paint!!

Anyway - be gentle - what do you think?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346373147.052957.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346373147.052957.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 510
So... Having played with the additives on tips all week I decided it was time to let them loose on some real nails... Mine! So I went for a fade from pinky colour into a purpley colour. Attempt one looked pants so it was removed. Attempt two looked better but with a massive hair on little finger, but I thought, ah I'll redo that one tomorrow. Then I d-spersed and found I hadn't top coated fully. So a good few hours later I am left with two nails out of 10 done. Reasonably happy with them - but feeling stressed about others as going away tomorrow and still loads to get sorted - plus 8 nails to paint!!

Love the colours... What did you use?

These are my go at additives. The purple - blue ombré and then my first attempt at snakeskin.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346396253.415691.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346396253.415691.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 805
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346396303.815686.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346396303.815686.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 779
I love that snake skin effect and the mesh you used looks perfect for the job, with the pattern and size. Was it easy to find?

Love the colours... What did you use?

I used a mix of Haute Pink, Soectrum Shimmer and Pink Gold for pink colour, then added Cerulean Blue to mix to make purple.

I love that snake skin effect and the mesh you used looks perfect for the job, with the pattern and size. Was it easy to find?

I just went into a fabric shop. Got a metre for £1! Such a bargain and perfect for the job! X

The finished article!!! Quite happy with them.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346410691.922599.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346410691.922599.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 688
Here is my latest. Shellac cream puff with the blue the yellow to creat the turquoise and created bubbles with dsperse drops (idea I got off chocolatepickle thank you!) and created reed things with glitzy lips foil (I don't have usual nail foil at the mo)

They are a bit untidy, I'm still getting used to applying the top coat so when you remove tacky layer you don't wipe off half your additive! And cream puff I found tricky to paint a whole nail in it.

E x

Just re looked at pic and they are more greeny turquoise in real life!

I love the bubbles!!!!

Here is my latest. Shellac cream puff with the blue the yellow to creat the turquoise and created bubbles with dsperse drops (idea I got off chocolatepickle thank you!) and created reed things with glitzy lips foil (I don't have usual nail foil at the mo)

They are a bit untidy, I'm still getting used to applying the top coat so when you remove tacky layer you don't wipe off half your additive! And cream puff I found tricky to paint a whole nail in it.

E x

Just re looked at pic and they are more greeny turquoise in real life!

Amazeballs! Xx

Sorry for the delay in uploading pic, finally figured out i needed to resize it. So anyways, heres the mesh that i used for snakeskin without the snake :biggrin:

Where do you get the mesh from? 😊

asphalt with blue additive & konad

Attachments

• additives blue.jpg
    additives blue.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4,195
Excuse the state... These are hideous, I hate them, can't wait to get them off lol!
But I was playing with my additives at the beginning of the week for the first time and when wiping off the TIO I noticed the tip of the nails with the additive came off too! I initially thought I mustn't have sealed free edge properly (even though I spent ages ensuring I had before curing) although my colour layer below is still fine at the free edge, even after 4 or 5 days, still no chipping and it would have chipped by now if I hadn't sealed the free edge properly wouldn't it?

I didn't have this problem on the colour pop (and i dont seal edges on colour pops) only when testing it on myself. Is there anything else I could have done wrong on myself for the additive to come off slightly at free edge when wiping tacky later of TIO? Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346515034.175639.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346515034.175639.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 699

Latest posts

Back