CND At Walmart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally feel a company can only do so much in order to prevent other sources from selling their product. I like that CND takes these things seriously and trust they do their best to prevent it but would much rather they spend their extra money on R&D. No matter how much they tighten down, any Jake, Jill or Jane can buy any product somewhere, someway. I can only imagine how hairdressers feel. I use to color my hair myself and would buy Alfaparf from the internet. People asked me how I got it since it was a professional only product too... Just be happy you have spent the time and money on training and will set yourself above the rest, even if they have the same product. Customer's who want a shoddy nail job aren't my market.

VERY WELL SAID!

I have just this moment received a phone call back from CND. They are releasing an official statement soon. They are not taking this lightly and are ON TOP OF IT.
I'm glad to see that they replied to my inquiry and didn't ignore it. It gives me faith. Glad to know that I am NOT a number. To give me such a timely response the SAME DAY as my inquiry when you consider that they are probably receiving gazillion calls and email inquiries... I'm IMPRESSED.

I can't wait for them to close down BB. When they have I'll be happy, until then I'll wait, patiently. Or not!

I had someone walk in to my salon today asking if I sold shellac. I explained that it was a professional product and therefore she wouldn't be able to buy it.
Her reply was 'Well you can get it on the internet.'
What am I supposed to say to that?
I can't believe she expected to walk into a salon and buy it!

I had someone walk in to my salon today asking if I sold shellac. I explained that it was a professional product and therefore she wouldn't be able to buy it.

The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago!! She said I just buy it on the Internet but it's very expensive... I asked what it is she pays and she said £4.50..... I just said oh god love don't ever try opening up a nail bar then cos u won't cope with what prices the professionals have to pay then!!!! Ridiculous!!!
She admitted too it was a self taught YouTube video that she started doing her nails!! 😖

I had a friend royally ticked off at me because I flat out refused to retail Shellac & Lamp for her to gift her 10yr old daughter with on her bday.
And she was MIFT with me for weeks.

it is what it is.

On another note.... 4 clients bought Shellac and/or similar online and/or from groupon.
3 clients gave up and came back to me.
The fourth got an infection and blames nail products altogether and will never wear them again.

So let's remember: even if consumers can get their hands on it, just look at how much trouble STUDENTS have (that have had benefit of a course or two)... how much trouble do you think the consumers have getting products to do as they want?
:wink2:

I don't worry about fleabay and the like.
I only worry about deliberate diversion.

Very good to see some updates here, reassuring to know this is being taken seriously. My entire business relies on the exclusivity of these products so I'll look forward to the statement from CND HQ.

And I walked in to a nail salon the other day because they were advertising a "Shellac manicure", and I wanted to check out their prices. Turns out they are not using Shellac products and when I said "Oh, so its not really Shellac" they started to lecture me on how Shellac was a 'generic' term. :Scared: I just shook my head and left because I didn't know what to say.

It's the same with this stuff. I think it's nice that CND is responding and 'taking action' but honestly, what can you do? Non-professionals will always try to get hold of professional products.... have you seen some of the pictures of the self-manicures on non-pro sites? They make me cringe. But the thing is, these people would never go to a salon to get a manicure anyway. So the Shellac doesn't worry me. The Vinylux sales is a bit more disappointing.

I was under the impression drugs were illegal, but people manage to get their hands on the stuff! :/

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'm awaiting the press release before making a final decision on whether to invest in the brand, even what I am currently using is being sold on that website and I hope that they are also going to do something about it.

I'm awaiting the press release before making a final decision on whether to invest in the brand, even what I am currently using is being sold on that website and I hope that they are also going to do something about it.

I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. i use Shellac along side my Gelish and i'm not one bit worried about this, why? because Shellac has been available to the general public pretty much since it came out. Before Walmart had this marketplace idea (which is exactly what that is because although its on the walmart site its not actually being sold/supplied by them, it's actually a third party site), sites like ebay, amazon, BB, salon supply etc have been selling Shellac. Unfortunately it's just because of walmarts GIANT name that everyone has got-on on the bandwagon of freaking out.

You will always have "messers" around and they will always find products we use. As long as we educate our clients about the correct ways of Shellac and other products, we shouldnt care as much as we do. Countless threads everyday about low prices or buying xx product online, boots, walmart etc. We have our clients, we TEACH our clients, our clients come back because of our knowledge and expertise. We even GAIN clients because of this knowledge we have. I have "lost" any clients to home shellac/gel polish application and every single one of them has returned, why? because they cant do the same job we do.

So sit back and relax, let CND do what they need to do. But in reality they cannot shut down EVERY SINGLE unauthorized supplier. unfortunate yes but this is reality.

:D:D:D

To me, the reason that this is such a concern is that I have very carefully chosen to work with brands who don't supply the high street (like OPI) and to have the products so publicly available defeats that. As a small trader I don't have the ability to just switch brands at a moments notice and maintain my credibility. I have invested fully in CND as a company, I love the products, the people, the training, the support and the company ethos so to lose that would have a huge impact on me.

I sincerely hope that this can be resolved so that I can continue to build my business in partnership with CND, even if I'm not ordering by the pallet load.

Can we all just calm down?!

This time next year it will still be going on.

They are cheaper than S2. So what? Are you going to shut down eBay too?

Vat free on orders etc. Sounds pretty good especially right now.

Well done for giving BB free advertising. I'm sure that their sales will go up this week.

Surrey Girl through and through x

To me, the reason that this is such a concern is that I have very carefully chosen to work with brands who don't supply the high street (like OPI) and to have the products so publicly available defeats that. As a small trader I don't have the ability to just switch brands at a moments notice and maintain my credibility. I have invested fully in CND as a company, I love the products, the people, the training, the support and the company ethos so to lose that would have a huge impact on me.

I sincerely hope that this can be resolved so that I can continue to build my business in partnership with CND, even if I'm not ordering by the pallet load.

I understand this as it's what i look for in a brand but you also have to understand that no matter how hard companies like CND try to keep their products off high street shelves, it's just going to happen adn probably keep happening. I see solar oil, sticky, shiney etc in my local winners/tj maxx. So although CND don't supply these retail places they get their product from somewhere just like the retailers online.

CND have put out a statement on facebook...

"CND is a professional-only brand, and has NOT approved the sale of our products through consumer retailer websites. We are immediately addressing this situation. We cannot guarantee the authenticity of CND branded products sold outside salons or authorized suppliers of salons."

Environ maintain a list of unauthorised distributors on its official website.

That doesn't take much work by CND does it.

The problem isn't just CND ... Jessica and Nail Harmoney are all distributed by these companies.

My question is quite simple ... Why can't they sue them for unauthorised use of trademarks and representation of trademarks? A fairly simple strategy.

The problem isn't just CND ... Jessica and Nail Harmoney are all distributed by these companies.

My question is quite simple ... Why can't they sue them for unauthorised use of trademarks and representation of trademarks? A fairly simple strategy.

Isn't that just advertising for the unauthorised dealers? The perfect way for someone without the necessary qualifications to access CND product.

Your final paragraph is interesting, surely their legal team would have advised them on this though.

This is what I can't understand too, are CND a member of the Ebay Vero programme? that would be one way they could sort out the ebay "Shellac" sellers.
Heck if Rachel Ashwell can copyright "shabby chic" and get ebay listings and websites taken down I just can't understand why other companys can't do it.

CND put statement on their Facebook page about not selling through retailer websites.

Slightly off topic but wonder if someone can tell me.

Can a Shellac kit including lamp and gels be bought in the UK by non professionals? I have a good friend who is absolutely not a professional and she has purchased a full kit to do her own nails. I have no idea where from.

Yes, from Amazon, ebay and any number of sources.

I can't wait for them to close down BB. When they have I'll be happy, until then I'll wait, patiently. Or not!

I was always under the assumption that BB products were all fake anyway :/ x

Latest posts

Back