CND.com Video...sorry but this annoys me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
CND Shellac Fakers NBC Florida - YouTube

Why would CND have a video like this on there site! It's terribly bad reporting. It's disappointing, personally i'm a Gelish lover and this kind of thing is misleading. To me this is saying if your tech is using some other product than CND Shellac its a cheep knock off or fake, when I promote Gelish I call it Gelish NOT Shellac........rant over :eek:

Hi, I watched this twice and never heard Gelish being referred to as a cheap knock-off.

You are doing the right thing but unfortunately, not everyone does. If a client asks for Gelish, they should get Gelish. If asking for Shellac, they should get Shellac.

I'm more surprised that the Shellac removal was being done with a METAL implement! :eek:

Omg how many times did she say gel polish? How many times do we tell our clients this isnt a gel polish but a power polish? The mind just boggles sometimes x

yup, there's so many things wrong with that report, they didn't even get the info correct with the CND Shellac lol, and nope she didnt use the words (when refering to Gelish and OPI) cheep knock off but * impostors* *copycats* and the title of the video *CND Shellac fakers* was enough to get my back up. I see misleading reports like this all the time but for this to actually be on the CND.com website I find frustrating. :grr:

IMHO, the report wasn't very professional and was poorly done.

"Since Shellac came out there have been copycats emerging..."

Gelish actually came out way before Shellac...........

I saw this video a long time ago and it really picked my nerves.

It's like saying that car maker is copying another car maker because both of their cars have wheels.

Oohh that rubbed me the wrong way..that was just bad judge of character! Oooh im a gelish user but have shellac. Both have their pros and cons. There was no reason to do that stupid little story. It bugged me how she kept saying it "drying" under the lamp. And what the heck!? sun screen!?

Sorry done my rant lol

That video is just plain ignorance!

I'm more surprised that the Shellac removal was being done with a METAL implement! :eek:

I noticed that too. She's probably needing to use the metal tool since she said she only needs 3-5min to remove Shellac and 5-10min for Gelish. Shellac needs 10min as well....it will just flake off without much effort and tools needed if done by a competent and correctly trained CND tech ;)

Hi, I watched this twice and never heard Gelish being referred to as a cheap knock-off.

You are doing the right thing but unfortunately, not everyone does. If a client asks for Gelish, they should get Gelish. If asking for Shellac, they should get Shellac.

They called Gelish and OPI a "Impostor" and said that gelish takes up to 10 min to remove where Shellac takes 3-5 min... They did not do much in the way of research before slamming other brands....

This video made me chuckle!

I was expecting to see a video made by professionals when I clicked on the link.

I'm relieved to see it isn't, but can see how all the misinformation continues...

But that's the media for you. :rolleyes:

LOL!

Why do CND ambassadors drum into you that shellac is not a gel polish but CND have a video saying gel polish every 5 seconds.

Its quite sad that CND have to have a video on their site stating that gelish etc are fakers and copy cats. I'd gelish came out before shellac then surely nail harmony should be doing this video instead of CND lol.

If I was nh or OPI I would be making sure CND took down that video.

The pusher part looked painful.

Bad marketing from CND! Xl

Oh my life!!! Gelish is a faker & copy cat I DON'T THINK SO!!! Needs to be removed :-0

That's ridiculous. And if these other brands are 'imposters' then surely they'd be 'power polishes' but no? Gelish is a gel polish and opi gelcolor is gel (except base coat)

And in every industry there are different brands and variations of all sorts of products! Are all spray tan brands imposters then? Should we only use the supposed first brand to develop a professional spray tan solution?

Awful.. all of it!! xx

On this site there is a lot of discussions on,using the full system, you have to use all the cnd products to do a complete and proper shellac manicure!! Why then do they show a video with a different removal method being used. I didn't realise that cotton pad and tin foil was.the cnd recommended way to remove!!
I use opi and love it as it is a gel polish which shellac isn't so why are they being made out to.be the same thing but the others are just copying!!
Not good at all!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Just to be clear, this isn't a CND made video. It's a news video interviewing nail technicians that has been posted on the CND website. I am surprised that this would be on their website.

To gemmalou, in my Shellac class we were told we could use wraps OR foil and cotton for removal, as long as you don't soak in a bowl.

I am a fan of CND, this is why I am doing the conversion in a few days. But to rubbish other products, and good products at that, like Gelish really rattles my cage. Gelish was out before Shellac.

They need to get their facts right.... It is actually slander!

I am a fan of CND, this is why I am doing the conversion in a few days. But to rubbish other products, and good products at that, like Gelish really rattles my cage. Gelish was out before Shellac.

They need to get their facts right.... It is actually slander!

CND did not make the video. They are not the ones rubbishing other products. It's the 'pros' that were interviewed by the news station.

I'm just surprised it's on the CND website.

CND rocks and you will enjoy your course. :)

Latest posts

Back