CND .. new UV lamp or the older model?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velveteen

Reaction score
My local supplier is offloading Brisa Gel lamps for £120. This is a massive saving.

(They're preparing for the new lamp to come in which is due around July which my supplier says will retail for $580 - about £300).

I've had my lamp for ages, it's been through the mill and it'd be nice to have a spare. Would you take advantage of the rare price saving or hang out for the new lamp?

Hun as far as I know the new lamps are cheaper than the old ones I wouldnt buy the old one as the new ones have loads of extra things :hug:

I think definitely wait for the new lamp. The new lamp is absolutely fantastic...!!

It has so many more features than the old lamp and my personal favourite is the fact that it is a five finger cure lamp. Much much quicker when doing clients. It's made such a difference to my timings and I'm able to fit more clients in.

Wait for it, you wont be disappointed. :D

Hi velveteen,

Yes, I too would wait for the new lamp..

( oh I love shopping for products / equipement ) nothing better than retail therapy... ;)

Thank you ladies for your enthusiastic responses. I shall wait!

However, as an aside, am having a very interesting exchange with my supplier at present regarding the new and old lamps. When I asked why the lamps were being discounted, I was given a very interesting theory. There appears to be the perception that the 'new' lamp is for Shellac only and has a different use from the 'old' one, that the 'old' lamps weren't being discontinued but were to be used in conjunction with the 'new' lamp.

Utterly perplexed, I sought further information (from here, where else?) and was put right.

Do any Aussies know how much the 'new' lamp is going to be retailed for? I've been given quotes from $150 to $580 and my supplier won't tell me!

Thanks.

Thank you ladies for your enthusiastic responses. I shall wait!

However, as an aside, am having a very interesting exchange with my supplier at present regarding the new and old lamps. When I asked why the lamps were being discounted, I was given a very interesting theory. There appears to be the perception that the 'new' lamp is for Shellac only and has a different use from the 'old' one, that the 'old' lamps weren't being discontinued but were to be used in conjunction with the 'new' lamp.

Utterly perplexed, I sought further information (from here, where else?) and was put right.

Do any Aussies know how much the 'new' lamp is going to be retailed for? I've been given quotes from $150 to $580 and my supplier won't tell me!

Thanks.

SHALL WE JUST SAY, TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION!!

Both the first model and the new model CND UV lamps are meant for curing ALL CND UV products.

There is no such thing as a Brisa Lamp and a Shellac lamp .. both lamps will cure both products.

The difference is that the new model will do a 5 finger cure and the old model is set up for 4 finger, two thumbs curing.

If the new lamp is going to be such an outrageous price in Oz, then the first lamp will do the job just fine only with fewer 'whistles & Bells'!! :D

Last edited:
That is strange pricing compare to here.

I'm sure the old lamp was great but I love the new one. So many features. If you can, wait for the new one.

Latest posts

Back