Coffee spatulas for eyebrow waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine why anyone would bother stealing them. You can buy them in all different sizes in packs of 500! I use 3 different size spatulas depending on the body part I'm waxing.

I use coffee stirrers too.

I buy them from Booker cash & carry locally to me. Box of 1000 - cheap as chips. I have had them so long I cannot remember the exact price.

PHD waxing do plastic spatulas that come in bags (not sure how many, maybe 50?) they are great as you can clean them and use them again, i clean them with surgical spirit and pop them in barbacide. you can get them from ellisons. x

I get mini wooden spatulas from Ideal beauty supplies, they're basically exactly the same size as a lollypop stick and perfect for brows & upper lip etc! Theyre super cheap too! =)

I've never think to use a coffee wand stirrer!? weird.
xoxox

I was also splitting some of the large spatulas..

but at the Olmypia Professional Beauty show I found a company that had great quality small spatulas for 64p a box of 100.. I bought a few at the show and tried them out.. now added them to my list of suppliers and ordered a load...

When I first checked they were not on the website but when I called them up they gave me the details..
Small ones can be so expensive compared to the standard one. The details are :

www.ferobeauty.com
Tel - 0208 544 4958

btw.. their standard spatulas are excellent quality also.. liitle more expensive than Hive but equally as good quality..

Jack

As for the hygiene risk of using coffee stirrers, surely you could disinfect them if they are plastic? And if you buy them direct from the supplier, then I don't see any hygiene risk at all. I don't think its unprofessional to ue them - if you work better with them, then you are just offering the best you can to your clients xXx

I use the ones from capital for eyebrows and upper lip.
I got ones from sallys but they were shapped like the normal spatulas but smaller. The capital ones go to a small point which is great for getting right in at the arch! Its £1.19 for a pack of 100. Lasts ages too!

I was taught to snap spatula in half..but capital do some for eyebrow and lip wax and there cheap as chips :)

I am sure a lot of you will cringe when i say this, I was taught with orange wood sticks the sqaure flat end ones not mani sticks and find they do a really good job here's the cringe part I have not done this yet but will do when I run out of the sticks I have which I paid AU$8 for 10 well you can buy them off eBay pack of either 500 or 1000 for $AU6.

I cut the end off a cotton bud and use that for eye brows and upper lip. Works well for me, Ive been doing it for 10+ years!! I get a very thin line, if there is too much for the cotton bud to cope with I use the smallest disposable spatulas, however I much prefer the cotton bud.

No stealing involved, new bud for each client!!:)

Annette.:hug:

I have often thought that about the coffee stirrers in mcdonalds however i just dont like the thought of all those peoples dirty hands touching them. Its not hygienic at all, but they are good for eyebrow waxing, you can buy them really cheaply online. I also use the clean and easy smaller spatulas which are perfect for smaller areas! Orange sticks are good too.

like anything I think you use what works best for you. I love dollar store coffee stir sticks. 250 for 1.50 and I split them in half because I feel I get a better hold and more precision with a shorter stick. You can purchase waxing sticks from suppliers that look similar but I find they are a bit heavier. I like the light feel of the stir stick. I actually feel I have more control. I also have tweezers that cost me sixty dollars and tweezers that cost me two and i like them both. Whatever gives the client your best. Stealing from Mcds is kinda funny though:)

We used to use coffee stirrers at the college I used to work at. We'd put them in the UV cabinet for 10 mins on each side to make sure they were disinfected :)

All of these sizes I bought from my supplier. I like a variety :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373410252.812391.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373410252.812391.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 146
We used to use coffee stirrers at the college I used to work at. We'd put them in the UV cabinet for 10 mins on each side to make sure they were disinfected :)

I am shocked they would teach that you can sanitize wooden sticks! :/

I am shocked they would teach that you can sanitize wooden sticks! :/

Why wouldn't you be able to? They obviously wouldn't be sterilized but it's just like putting wooden/plastic spatulas in the UV cabinet prior to waxing so why wouldn't it work for coffee stirrers? :)

Why wouldn't you be able to? They obviously wouldn't be sterilized but it's just like putting wooden/plastic spatulas in the UV cabinet prior to waxing so why wouldn't it work for coffee stirrers? :)

Because anything that is wood or plastic is porous and there is no way to properly disinfect such surfaces. I do come from a medical spa and we were never allowed to reuse such applicators, they are classified "disposable" and as such should be thrown away after getting dipped in the wax just once.

Because anything that is wood or plastic is porous and there is no way to properly disinfect such surfaces. I do come from a medical spa and we were never allowed to reuse such applicators, they are classified "disposable" and as such should be thrown away after getting dipped in the wax just once.

Ok I totally get that but I never once said anything about re using them. The college I used to work at taught all their learners to place all non metal tools and implements into the UV cabinet prior to using so that they were clean/hygienic. Everyone disinfects but in various different ways and this is only good practice. However, I wholeheartedly agree that any disposable items such as wooden spatulas are used only once and then disposed of

I would never recommend re-dipping to a learner although I am aware that it is common practice in industry due to cost effectiveness

Also if it were so pointless then no one would even spray such tools with disinfectant never mind put them in a UV cabinet. I do get where your coming from but to me it is simply good practice and ensures those who are in training understand the purpose of good hygiene and good practice :)

I use these from salon services and they are perfect!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373444603.813656.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373444603.813656.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Back