College's views on non strip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
hiya all

havent posted a thread for a while but im still around lol

i have been on a intensive beauty therapy course at my local college my level 2 and we have just started doing waxing and they only practice in warm wax so i asked if they taught us how to use non strip wax and they have said no because it is un hygenic as therapist where found to be putting the used set wax back in the pots to use again !!!!!!!!!:eek:.

I will still be using non strip wax once i have qualified as the strip wax does not appeal to me at all

College seem to be stuck in the 70's

when i was at college hun we were taught using the old fashioned hot wax , its a bloody pain tbh much prefer the nice modern stuff , lol
i think you will find the teacher are very stuck in their own little box , i couldnt beleive the lack of drive and passion when i did my course and had to point out stuff to the teacher a few times (in the form of asking questions , lol, coz i didnt wanna sound like i knew more than she did ):lol: just crack on get your certs then do the non strip wax training with someone like andy , kim or jen :green: xx

A lot, not all, of colleges are very out of date with their teachings on a lot of things.

Mat

hey sure i was reading a forum the other day where a therpaist said that she used to wash her paper wax strips out after each client in order to save money so please inform teachers that tight unhygienic therapists exist in all forms of wax
sad isnt it???

thats disgusting i have never heard of people doing that strips arnt even expensive

ive never heard of it before either but i am just saying that for your college not to teach u hot wax is a disgrace , all u have to do s look up qualifications and under it states the knowledge and practise of hot wax application, i trained in ireland maybe standards differ

Having assessed a level 2 nvq waxing module I can say that hot wax and warm wax were definately covered. Would be odd for a college not to cover it as both are on the Market

Hi we are covering waxing at college at the moment and are only being shown warm wax, they say this is because although its in the course its not compulsory to teach us until next year when the diploma replaces the nvq (too late as i will have completed mine)

When I did waxing at my local college we were taught warm wax and only spent about 30 mins on hot waxing. In the course notes it clearly states that we would be qualified in both, however I don't think after 30 mins you could really say that!!!

When I did waxing at my local college we were taught warm wax and only spent about 30 mins on hot waxing. In the course notes it clearly states that we would be qualified in both, however I don't think after 30 mins you could really say that!!!

Same here we got a demo and were told it would be something we would never use!!!!

I have therefore booked in with Kim to update my skills !

Having assessed a level 2 nvq waxing module I can say that hot wax and warm wax were definately covered. Would be odd for a college not to cover it as both are on the Market

well i wiosh i was on your course then because my tutor is so down on non strip wax its untrue. most of the girls on my course had never heard of it until i asked about it and then the tutor said as some therapist reuse the wax clients dont like the idea of it and it takes longer to use the strip wax because you have to do little bits at a time !!!!!!! all i know is untrue bit we are defo not being shown it and thats the waxing i want to do as well paid a lot for this course and feel i know more then the tutor about hot wax.

:eek: ew washing strips !!! at the college i went too everything they taught was very poor until a girl who actually worked in the industry was training to be a lecturer , this is when i actually learned something !!!
she was fantastic!!!
we only learned strip wax non strip was never mentioned at all !!!

I completed my waxing course in december there, and they only dealt with warm wax, nothing at all to do with non-strip, they had also cut the course to underarms and legs, and so I had to pay to privately learn the facial and bikini side of things, is something that should be learned if you are wanting to offer waxing?? if so I know where would you turn to to learn it? the lady I learned the other bits with doesnt do non strip wax.....

I finished my NVQ 2 in December. It was 14 weeks training and we covered both warm and hot wax, theory and practice. Written tests, practical assessments, practise in the student salon and assessments on paying clients gave me the confidence to wax any part of the body (I've done lip and eyebrow in the salon even it was not for my assessment).
:Love:

mine is a 30 week course but we are also doing facials peds manicures make up eye treatments and extensions it is really intense

Ok, first I have to say EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
That is the grossest thing I have heard for a long time. :eek:
And if they have heard of people doing this then why the heck are they not teaching students to do it the correct way with proper hygine practice.
That way its done right:rolleyes:
Never mind hun, book in with our lovely Kim, I did her speed wax training which was bril and covered warm and hot wax. :hug:

Latest posts

Back