Competition - which tips to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I hate tipping - always sculpt....... But I have to do Tip & Overlay if I am to enter. :irked:

I do have some tips, which I gave 'the sack' months ago:
CND Velocity
CND Performance

Of the two, which tip would you say is better for a competition? Easiest to blend etc.

If you think I should use something else (any brand) please advise me!

A quick question re Performance tips -
Would they need to be blended in a competition?
Is that even possible, as they have no well?

I am open to any suggestions.... Please help!

i'd recommnend you try some "Asian tips" they are the softest around and blend in with very few swipes, you can also adjust the c curve, (they are quite flexible) Entity tips are very nice, but overpriced and Asian tips are an excellent copy ... but a softer ABS plastic.
Why must you do tips ?

i'd recommnend you try some "Asian tips" they are the softest around and blend in with very few swipes, you can also adjust the c curve, (they are quite flexible) Entity tips are very nice, but overpriced and Asian tips are an excellent copy ... but a softer ABS plastic

That was quick! Thanks :green:
Is 'Asian Tips' a generic term?.... Only asking so I know where to start looking.

That was quick! Thanks :green:
Is 'Asian Tips' a generic term?.... Only asking so I know where to start looking.

the pro impressions well less tips are the same type as this.

i think v.hunter said that nailite do asian tips and i think they have a u.k distributor but cant remember who. victoria would know.

I do have some tips, which I gave 'the sack' months ago:
CND Velocity
CND Performance

Of the two, which tip would you say is better for a competition? Easiest to blend etc.
The hands/nails- model you choose for competition should have as good a set of hands & nails as you can get them.
Are you looking after them well before comp. Regular mani's etc? Get those cuticle's into shape also.

From your 2 choices above.
Velocity tips are a good choice - Quick, easy to blend - Add your whites as normal.
But if you want NO blending go for -
Performance tips, if your model has those great nails/hands - No blending required.

If you think I should use something else (any brand) please advise me!
Practice heaps with your model before the competition with whatever tips you choose.

A quick question re Performance tips -
Would they need to be blended in a competition?
No blending required as these are for an already close to perfect natural nail...which should be all an even length if applying white Performance tips

HtH

XX J XX

Thanks for everyones help with this - both posts and PMs.

I'm very grateful!!

pro nails have got the new clear tips i used them at the ezflow comp emma b very kindly lent me them i think they are good think they are called something like bio mani tips????

pro nails have got the new clear tips i used them at the ezflow comp emma b very kindly lent me them i think they are good think they are called something like bio mani tips????

Cheers Kirsty.... could it be Bi Mai tips?

yes thats it i was close :lol:

feel free to come see me before the competition xx

Performance tips tend to taper in a little too much for comp work, you would have to build them out on the sides

Performance tips tend to taper in a little too much for comp work, you would have to build them out on the sides

I did wonder about that - thanks.

yes thats it i was close

feel free to come see me before the competition xx
Can I come too lol:lol:....did Jess ever tell you about Vanessa for a comp model?

Can I come too lol:lol:....did Jess ever tell you about Vanessa for a comp model?

and me :)

i couldnt get hold of Vanessa... she may still get back to me/............

Jess
xox

ps...Lauri.........on the tips front... we will see what suits Zoe in Jan hunnio :)

you can all come i'd love you all to come see me although i have a feeling the bar will be calling us from downstairs :lol:

Just wondering why you feel you have to tip? There is a sculpting comp at Excell too. xx

Just wondering why you feel you have to tip? There is a sculpting comp at Excell too. xx

the novice comp is only tip overlay but for any system.........

such a shame imo........... all my beginner tech learns to sculpt and tip ovedlay.... and i know when i first entered a comp i sculpted... but the rules have changed since i started competing.......

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back