Competitions are they for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

to enter or not to enter

• Yes I enter them as often as I can

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • No I am a competition virgin

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • Would love to but don't have the nerve

Votes: 38 22.1%
  • I prefer to work on improving my salon skills

Votes: 22 12.8%
  • Maybe in the future

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • Definitely in the future

Votes: 31 18.0%

• Total voters

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I wouldn't dare enter a competition but plenty of you do so my question to you is will you ever enter a competion?

I don't know what drives me to enter competitions but I try and enjoy the experience and aim to exceed my personal best. It certainly is a great learning tool and I would recommend it to everyone.

I wouldn't dare enter a competition but plenty of you do so my question to you is will you ever enter a competion?
yes I will... hopefully at Excel in February :Scared:
I loved the atmosphere around the comp arena when I went to Excel this year and I want to be a part of that, aswell as wanting to do well in the comp ofcourse :wink2:

I voted yes, but I dont enter as many as I can, just as and when I can afford it and am able to go:)

I put Noooooo lol I am very easily stressed so comping ain't for me.

well you all know that im a comp geek!
i do liek to enter and have done well in the past.... but i have had major model let downs and competing isnt the cheapest thing to do for me at the mo.... once you have paid to enter (for me its £80 for 2 comps now im in div 3 and more if i enter photographic) and you take hotels and travel expenses into account
i think everyone should have a go and try at the end of the day... i enter comps for my own personal goals and to try and improve myself
... i was planning to enter at earls court (model permiting) this yr but im going to be away now so i wont even beable to go to the show but there is always excel next yr ;)

Jess
xox

During my live a have experienced that me and competitions are most of the time a terrible combination:cry:. I get so nerves and insecure. I remember being tested at school at the age of 12 to decide my future school and a failed dramaticly. I was not even good enough to do anything.
The future learned that in reality that was not true. And now I am getting older it gets easyer. But I am very new (18 months) in this business so I am not that confedent that I join competitions.

Hey but who nows, in a year or so........:lol:

Minette

I love competitions but dont love the stress in the run up once im there im so glad cos its nearly over and love to read the feedback you get on your scoresheets at the end, have picked up loads of tips from previosu competitors and from the judges so its alla learning curve.

I love the competiton atmosphere (i have competed in hair ) but i have a looong way to go before i am any where near that level of skill,maybe one day,who knows?

I dont think I ever will, it just dosnt interest me at all, although I have the utmost respect for anyone that has the courage to go for it, I think they are very talented. I wouldnt have the guts to do it!:)

I would love too, eventually enter competitions but I'm no where good enough for that.

I do think that it would certainly give me the kick up the bum I need to improve my technique and I would love to enter and do really well and show off about it - LOL!

But not yet!

I'm entering my first competition on the 15th of september .. so my nerves are hanging :rolleyes:

I have to say this is a dream of mine, to be good enough to enter!

A question from all you comp veteran's, how good would a novice have to be, cos you never see pics from the novice winners and all the other winners - omg the product is applied so perfect and so thin!:eek: (I'm trying, but I just can't get that thin yet - me or my nails!)

I'm entering my first comp on 15th Oct this year. I'm already really excited and really nervous! I know I have no chance of placing in my first comp, I'm purely entering for the experience, the buzz and most importantly to improve my skills.
I have even found that since practicing for comps my general nails have improved.

I think about it, but fact is I'm a wuss. I'm not good with reall close scrutiny. One day I'll work up the nerve though

theres no way i'll be competing.....my nerves just wouldn't be able to take it!!!!!

Too much of a scaredy cat at the moment

this must be one of he first polls where the votes are pretty even steven:)

i would love to .. maybe one day but i guess i don't really have the nerve !!!

i would love to but im not ready yet! :eek:

Latest posts

Back