Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst I have seen..

FAKE BAKE spray Tan (as many coats as you like) £10
Gel nails £10
Eyelashes £10
Tinting £5
Waxing £5-£20
Nails tan & lashes £30

The worst part of it is I have had at least 10 people come to me to get their "nails" off (one literally crying on the phone cause they were hurting so bad) and just loads of people complaining about how bad her nails/tans/lashes are. How is she making money?? Annoys the life out of me, I don't even need to ask some people who they have been too now as I already know ha!

I've just seen on Facebook
Ghd curls £5
Curls using tongues £4
Straightening £2
Full set acrylic nails £12
Carnt get my head around this ha ??
Xxx

The discount salons are taking base prices in my area and it's crippling us salons! Full set from £12!

Last edited by a moderator:
£10 for acrylic nail extensions with nail art standard price not special offer what a joke

Also eyebrow threading £1.50

This is shocking :-(.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I have seen hollywood/brazilian waxing for only £10 at a new beauty room over the road from me and that is her normal price not an offer price. X

I have seen hollywood/brazilian waxing for only £10 at a new beauty room over the road from me and that is her normal price not an offer price. X

Ouch!! Is all I can say!

A girls just started offering on a facebook selling page 'shellac' for £5, although doubt very much it's cnd shellac!

To be fair most of the time,cheap prices mean cheap products, Making the Tan,nail etc look cheap or not last very long.

All i think is treatments are cheap for a reason!

Recently started lash extensions and charge £30 but so many people won't come to me because there is a girl doing it for £8!!!!
I did however have one of her clients come to me to get them removed because they were all clumped together and dug in her eye!

To be honest, I pay little attention to what others charge. I have set my prices and I am very busy.

We should all be confident in our work and charge appropriately to the systems we are using.

To be honest, I pay little attention to what others charge. I have set my prices and I am very busy.

We should all be confident in our work and charge appropriately to the systems we are using.

Totally agree!
Cheap prices the majority of the time means cheap service, you end up with more clients at the end of it as you are repairing their mistakes.

I think special offers or introductory offers are great but theres no point being to cheap. You get some clients that only come when you do an offer :-(. We have been open a year yesterday (woo) but we have done offers to get people in but I wouldnt say anything as cheap as this :-s some of these are crazy cheap. I knew a girl doing mobile spray tans at £7.50? Why do this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Don't worry too much ladies, when the clients try out the budget options and it all goes horribly wrong they will be running back to you and very grateful! X

Back neck and shoulder massage for, wait for it.... £7!!!

The worst thing is I know this therapist and she's so good, really it's a shame she's feeling the need to offer her services this cheap 😔

If you see someone doing something cheaper than what it costs never try and compete. Just wait till they stop because they are out of business. While you are waiting offer better value. Sure, they do a tan for $8 when the solution costs $10 alone but you offer a spray tan with our brand new, better gun, high end solution, fully ventilated room with a free pre-tan consultation to dertermine the right colour for your skin tone and lifestyle. Let them have the cheapy pain in the rear clients while you keep the people who want better not cheaper.

£2 for eyebrow tinting and waxing ...........:smack:

It made me so angry, my friend had to hold me back from going in and rollicking the girl.

If you see someone doing something cheaper than what it costs never try and compete. Just wait till they stop because they are out of business. While you are waiting offer better value. Sure, they do a tan for $8 when the solution costs $10 alone but you offer a spray tan with our brand new, better gun, high end solution, fully ventilated room with a free pre-tan consultation to dertermine the right colour for your skin tone and lifestyle. Let them have the cheapy pain in the rear clients while you keep the people who want better not cheaper.

People don't care what you put In these days. All they are interested in is paying little or nothing at all. When they are willing to pay is whn the damage has been done and it needs correcting by a professional! Until then or such a time the lowest price reigns.

I've just heard my friend is about To go and get her hair -; cut, ombré effect coloured, curly blowed for £15 eek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back