Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would love to see the end results of all these cheap deals. Dont worry ladies! Keep your standards and your prices high. Good quality work proves itself. x

I've just seen a mobile beautician / nail tech on Gumtree in my area offering free travel to anywhere which included a place 20 miles away and prices that would make your toes curle, e.g Shellac manicure £12!

Good luck to her, she's going to need it!!!

I've just seen on Facebook
Ghd curls £5
Curls using tongues £4
Straightening £2
Full set acrylic nails £12
Carnt get my head around this ha ??
Xxx

Curls using 'tongues'..! I don't fancy the sound of this.... Sounds a bit unhygienic Hahahaha!!

Choose any 3 treatments for £25 or five treatments for £40 ♥ manicure ♥ pedicure ♥ Geleration nails ♥ Geleration toes ♥ ♥ Minx ♥ leg wax ♥ under arm wax ♥ bikini wax ♥ fore arm wax ♥ back wax ♥ chest wax ♥ eyebrow shape ♥ eyelash & eyebrow tint ♥ hotstone back massage ♥ neck, face, & scalp massage ♥

Omg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

full body massage £20♥ back massage £10♥ neck, face, scalp massage £10♥ hopi ear candles £15♥ hotstone back massage £10 ♥ gelerations £12 ♥ minx £15 ♥ mini facial with neck & scalp massage £18 ♥ eyelash & eyebrow tint & shape £10 ♥ leg wax & bikini wax £15 ♥ md formulations facial peels £25

Cheap cheap cheap, bet she needs to rush everything to fit twice as much in to make the same money

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Cut and blowdry, acrylic nails, individual lashes for £28.00 and add a pedicure as well for £30.00 (so her pedicures are priced at £2.00 in this offer)

Same person, Cut and blowdry, HD brows, manicure, pedicure and individual lashes for £45.00.

A local salon to me are doing spray tans £10 shellac £12.50 party lash clusters £7, how do they make profit pay the bills ect. Crazy.

£2 brow wax and tint, £10 brow wax and tint, lash tint and party lashes package.

Other girl doing 'white acrylics' for £6 and to hurry up before they're back up to the full price of £10!

Doesn't bother me, I just find it entertaining :) xx

£2 brow wax and tint, £10 brow wax and tint, lash tint and party lashes package.

Other girl doing 'white acrylics' for £6 and to hurry up before they're back up to the full price of £10!

Doesn't bother me, I just find it entertaining :) xx

lols that made me laff too

Also at the same place high and low lights full head including cut and blowdry £35.00, this salon did ruin my hair once lool

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

There's a salon here that do full head highlights and lowlights ,cut and finish. For £30 I swear they still with the same price. She used to post on a page that has lots people in our town then when I was mobile I also did once she sent me a MSG saying i was taking her clients lol I said Hun first there are millions of others hairdressers are u going to message them all? And also we have different clients, you charge 30 for all that and mine just the highlights is from 45 and I'm still a student so we are very different and then she blocked me lol

Whilst reading through I noticed a lot of you say 'a clients contacted me and asked to do the same deal'.
I dont understand why the client would ask you to do the same deal, why don't they just go to the cheap place? Unless they know the service will be preformed bad there :S baffles me, rudeness of some people, these are business's not Market stalls!

I've seen on gumtree someone offering spray tans for £7. All of this persons prices are half of every other offer on there.

I did have a lady ask about nails for her wedding. She wanted hers, mother of the bride and 4 bridesmaids. All where to have manicures with French polish the bride was to have manicure with Gelish and nail art. I quoted £80 as they have discount as new clients to be told I was ripping her off and she could find it cheaper. I was pretty shocked as I had given her a large discount for being a new client haha x

Just seen someone advertising a cut and blowdry for £8 how can they be making a living??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen someone advertising a cut and blowdry for £8 how can they be making a living??

Really cheap but maybe it's a deal for new clients

I've just seen this too...I was very shocked to say the least

Had to come back to this thread as just saw this advert

'gel nails for £5 or acrylics £10 will come to you not properly qualified so very cheep'

At least she's honest. :eek:

I was chatting with a client/friend yesterday. She was bemoaning the fact that her dog groomer, who works from home, cancelled all her clients last Friday because of the snow. We were astonished!
We came to the conclusion that the groomer doesn't actually need the income in the same way as you and I do; she has a well paid husband, and the income from the grooming business is fun money.
I suspect that for a great many of these cheap treatments something similar is true. It will be people who live at home with their mum and dad, have rich partners, or people working illegally. Not to mention the people who have not one scintilla of business acumen who will eventually go out of business, or get a job because, well, it's just too hard to make a living being self employed.
Finally, there will always, always be clients for whom the price is the most important part of the decision making process. I don't concern myself with such people for they will always feel that they have been ripped off if they pay even a penny more than the very cheapest offer.

Here's one from a mobile therapist on facebook. Semi- permanent lashes from £15.00 and shellac nails at £7.00. :eek: Rediculous and screeming cheap to say the least.

Seen today someone admitting they aren't qualified doing acrylics for £4!!!
Another lady (qualified) sp lashes for £7!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back