Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nails Thanks I appreciate any advice...did sound a bit of an attack but I can see your very passionate about the beauty business. ..im still all new....had my hut for just over 2 year and learning all the time xx Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app[/quote said:
Please don't think it was an attack, that wasn't my intention at all and im sorry if you thought it was. I was just trying to work it out and show you you are worth more than working for less that NMW.

I can see you are very passionate about your business which is fab and you will go far with a great attitude that you have.
Best luck for the future but im sure you won't need it

Laura xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like your thinking for they friend offer! I may have to steal that if you dont mind?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't mind - that's what this forum is all about sharing ideas ...

It's great as the 4 of us all get together for an hr each week so it's a real catch up and a great laugh ... Never feels like work ... Lol ...
(Like I said they are very close friends and very loyal to my business - The fact they spend a lot of money with me - I mean £780 each a yr in just tans - let alone pedis shellac twinkle toes etc they have too over the yr too)

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

You have a beautiful beauty hut (I've seen the pictures) and and a good loyal client base, perhaps you should consider an increase in your treatment costs? I don't think it is purely your prices that people come back for, they are coming back for you and what you do as well.

Also it was nice to see a member take advice without getting defensive :hug:

Hi
Thankyou :)
I try to take on any criticism and turn it into a positive, seeing through another pair of eyes helps
Thanks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Without going back over 41 pages of this thread, just one point to make here

DO YOU REALLY WANT YOUR CLIENTS TO KNOW WHAT EACH SERVICE COSTS AND HOW MUCH YOU CHARGE ON TOP!

Be sensible people. Please feel free to go back and edit out your costs from your posts.

Do you think the clients would be reading all these posts? Doubtful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all,
Found out a month ago from my customer that a nearby salon is doing shellac manicure and pedicure for £15 but the colour she had on was not shellac, never seen the colour even from layering.

Anyway today the customer was back in again before going to have her shellac redone and she informed me that this salon normally only charges £9.99 yes I said £9.99 for a shellac manicure or pedicure

I find this so annoying as I charge a lot more for my shellac and I'm even thinking of lowering my price as I'm lossing customers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Hun but they are having to to alot more sets than you to earn there money and using alot more product. All you can do is try and educate your clients. There is no way on gods earth they can be making any profit- there's a reason we charge what we do, because we only use h best and we are the best! X

It can't be Genuine at that price!! Pop along 'under cover' and check out their bottles.... Bet it's Bluesky or some other nasty, unknown copy cat. Bet you do not even recognise the lamp!!

Maybe offer a promotion but don't lower your prices long term. You've worked hard to train and get where you are so you ARE worth it! X

Today I've seen bio sculpture, lash extensions & some sort of eyebrow enhancement for £35!:eek:

Today i saw a 'spar pedicure' for £4 complete with polish and nail art design on toes... not worth getting out of bed for.

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have just seen on Facebook that a salon is offering a spray tan, nail extensions and individual sp lashes for.........£26 ......

How on earth ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Today i saw a 'spar pedicure' for £4 complete with polish and nail art design on toes... not worth getting out of bed for.

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha you can pick up your groceries whilst getting a pedi :)
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

I just saw a post on Facebook and the woman stated she was a qualified nail tech of 7 years, and her prices were "AU$10 for Shellac, $AU20 acrylics and AU $10 for refills"
The crazy thing was she had over 70 'likes' and 43 different ladies wanting appointments!

Do you think the clients would be reading all these posts? Doubtful.

If you put cheap shellac into Google search, salon geek comes up as the fifth listing, cheap HD brows comes up third, so yes you have to remember that what ever we write on here will more likely than not come up if clients search for that subject.
xxxxxxxx:)

local selling page....acrylics get yours and your mates done for £15.00! and its not £15.00 each thats the total price!

There's a lady popping up all over the Facebook selling sites here. Acrylics £5 with those god awful plastic bows sticking out.
She says "I'm training" but its been over 6 months now.
She's busy enough. People love ugly acrylics round here.
Id rather go out of business than sells myself for £5! All of which goes on costs and materials lol

Indian head massage, eyebrow shape, eye brow tint, eye lash tint n pedi shape n paint all for £25!!!!
Hot stone massage, gel mani n gel pedi all for £30!!
Back, neck, shoulder massage, individual lash extensions, n full set of acrylics or gel all for £35
Just ridiculous

Shellac £7

Semi-permanent full set £22

Or both for.... £25!!!!!

How can I get any clients when prices around me are this low! I was cheeky and asked if it's CND Shellac and she said yes. I'm almost tempted to book her to do my nails just to see what she's using!

You don't want those types of clients!

Trust me, you want to be able to make a decent living and the right type of clients WILL pay for you!

You don't want those types of clients!

Trust me, you want to be able to make a decent living and the right type of clients WILL pay for you!

I know :)

But times are so hard for me right now that I am getting desperate lol. I'm on the verge of offering a crazy price just to keep my head above the water! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back