Creative Academy + Manchester - Thumbs Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyF

Reaction score
I just wanted to give another big recommendation for the Creative Academy + Manchester. I took my Toe Nails Naturally Pedicure class today with Sarah Maden and had a great time - once again Sarah gave a fantastic class - very informative, very practical and lots of fun - we crammed plenty in & I left feeling super inspired!

The course I had originally hoped to book was full by the time I got round to calling but Julia Moran suggested lots of options and was incredibly patient with me - especially when I booked one class, paid my deposit, changed my mind and called up the next day to ask if I could swap - nothing seemed to be too much trouble!

I feel so lucky to live just around the corner from this superb academy and hope to be spending plenty more time there. If you’re in the area (or happy to travel - it's worth it!) and considering booking onto a course then do - I couldn’t recommend it more!!!

I did my Brisa Gel in Manchester with Julia and I agree. It's a great place and the people there are wonderful. I'm saving like mad for the new L&P foundation course. And isn't the shop great. Can get seriously carried away there :)
Vicki xx

Huge fan of the ladies in Manchester :green:

super professional and very 'can do'

Think it will be a regular treat for me to come from Isle of Man for a day of inspiration and nail talk :green::green::green:

I'm a fan! I travelled from Worcestershire (took 2 hours) to do the naturally nails manicure course with Sarah at the beginning of the month, and loved it! Now booked to go back at the end of the month to do Shellac and Minx! There is training available nearer, but I'd rather travel! I'm only just starting out, but reading this forum has made me determined to go with top quality training and products...and that means CND! Fingers crossed it all pays off! :)

I did my Brisa Gel in Manchester with Julia and I agree. It's a great place and the people there are wonderful. I'm saving like mad for the new L&P foundation course. And isn't the shop great. Can get seriously carried away there :)
Vicki xx

Me too Vicki - I'm really hoping to do the course next year at some point and yes, the shop is great and very tempting! x

Good to know you think so highly of the Manchester academy I was thinking of going to that one to do the rest of my training.

I went merseyside to do my l & p training and wasn't Happy with it.. katie was on her phone all the time and thought it wasn't worth what I paid :(

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Good to know you think so highly of the Manchester academy I was thinking of going to that one to do the rest of my training.

I went merseyside to do my l & p training and wasn't Happy with it.. katie was on her phone all the time and thought it wasn't worth what I paid :(

That's a real shame.:confused: I have done most of my courses with Katie and found her to be really professional and helpful. She is always just a phone call away if I need any help and advice. She is extremely busy and unfortunately sometimes she can not always call or text back straight away. I can honestly say I have never had a problem regarding my training with her and always thought she has given me 100%. I think she would be mortified to find one of her students was not happy with the training they recieved. You paid for the training, if you was not happy with it you should have called her to say so. :)
On another note I have also trained at the Manchester academy and have found Julia and her team to be brilliant too.:)

To be fair she was opening her baby scan place at the time but a number of students in the class agreed with me unfortunately :/

I have also trained at both St Helens and Manchester - Manchester is excellent. I found them responsive and very professional. :green:

To be fair she was opening her baby scan place at the time but a number of students in the class agreed with me unfortunately :/

I agree, I've done a few courses there and when she was giving us her full attention she was good, but sometimes it was obvious that her mind was elsewhere and I felt like she was more interested in other things. She couldn't wait to get away either, she finished the classes early.

Yes, she was pregnant but she shouldn't have been teaching if she was going to let that get in the way.

Yes, she was busy opening up another business, but she should have either been concentrating on that and not teaching or giving us her full time (that we had paid for!) and attention.

Yes you are all right. I agree with you and do think Katie should have been more hands on if you were having problems with the training you were recieving from her. I also think it would have been best if you would have told her you were not happy so she could have rectified any problems, issues etc. As I said earlier you paid for training you were not happy with so she needs to know this. :)

eeekk This thread isn't filling me with confidence about doing my mani and pedi course at the St Helens academy on the 29th of this month :(

eeekk This thread isn't filling me with confidence about doing my mani and pedi course at the St Helens academy on the 29th of this month :(

Oh I am sorry :( but near in mind she is probably on maternity leave now so she said someone else would be there x

Oh I am sorry :( but near in mind she is probably on maternity leave now so she said someone else would be there x

Yes I think she is on maternity leave now.

Latest posts

Back