Creative Distribution..a complete disaster!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if I would get such outrage if I was talking about Millenium or some other brand!! Some threads on here have been quite vocal about 'other' brands - Come on Creative Geeks, if you can dish the dirt you should be able to take it too - its only fair:eek:.
By the way I do not believe it is only my OSNS that is having problems - I think its a UK wide issue.

Again your loyalty is commendable but we dont live in a Stalinist society...........there is a small thing called Freedom of Speech that we are all signed up to!!

I have had problems with 2 suppliers in the past, both for very different reasons, and decided to take my business elsewhere. I didn't feel the need to broadcast it to the world though! But then we are all different I guess!

To be fair to Jax; it is true that maybe people wouldn't be so defensive if it was another company being named.

I would be more impressed if somebody from Creative joined this thread and said "You know what Jax...........I'm really sorry to hear that you've had so many problems and I'm going to look into it for you."

This is a new thread and it is the weekend so be patient Jax and no doubt a Creative bod will deal with it. xxx

I have to wonder if I would get such outrage if I was talking about Millenium or some other brand!! Some threads on here have been quite vocal about 'other' brands - Come on Creative Geeks, if you can dish the dirt you should be able to take it too - its only fair:eek:.
I don't think there has been any 'outrage' as you put it, people are allowed to disagree with your point of view.

Again your loyalty is commendable but we dont live in a Stalinist society...........there is a small thing called Freedom of Speech that we are all signed up to!!
There is a big difference between freedom of speech and intentionally starting a thread to slate a 'noun' on a public forum, as you will see in the Geek Commandments, this isn't something that's tolerated on this forum and the brand name has got nothing to do with it.

Geek Commandments said:
[/INDENT]2 - Thou shalt not use thy forum to troll.
This is not the place to bitch and moan about proper nouns (i.e. People or companies). That doesn't mean that you can't debate, question or raise a valid point. It means that I don't want to see threads about how x sucks. See this article on constructively trolling to complain in a constructive way.​

This is a new thread and it is the weekend so be patient Jax and no doubt a Creative bod will deal with it.
Why would a Creative 'bod' deal with it when this site isn't run by Creative?

There are avenues to go down to get supplies sorted out, members have sourced their products from different OSNS outlets in the past and I'm sure they will do so again if they need to, I feel quite positive that it wouldn't take them half a day to make a couple of phone calls to get their stock replenished.

Maybe the lesson here could be to order in advance and make sure that stock doesn't run out in the first place!

We've had threads like this in the past (regardless of brand), to be honest it makes for boring reading, all it serves is to give people a reason to have a good old bitch and moan.

I'm sure if it was ANY brand then those that use it and have no problems with it would come to their defence. I know the Tammy Taylor users become very vociferous for example when their brand is knocked, and rightly so!!!

Creative aren't doing me a favour by supplying me with products - I'm doing them a favour by buying from them.

OK, am sitting on the fence here as far as any thoughts on individual suppliers are concerned....if I have issues I take it up with them direct, however, I did think it worth taking a little time to point out that the most successful businesses are ALWAYS those that work in partnership with ther suppliers, not feel they are 'doing them a favour' by buying from them.

I work in a couple of different businesses (not all nail related), and in some cases have been in charge of over £2.5million pounds worth of ordering, but I get far better product, prices and service when I take the time to establish a synergistic relationship with a supplier...when i try 'beating them with a stick over their proverbial heads' they don't react well, and I don't get the service. Lets face it, business is about positive relationships working.

If a nail client came to me and told me she was 'doing me a favour' by coming to me, I'd probably tell her to take a running jump....my clients come because I understand their needs, and deliver the service that I know they want.

So, my point ,I guess, in this situation is - with any supplier - take it to them...ask them what they can do to help you resolve your issues, can they give you further information, help you temporarily source elsewhere, or priortise your order with forthcoming stock, notify when its available, and yes, be prepared to make a couple of calls and work hand in hand with them....it'll be a far more rewarding relationship long term, I assure you.

Sandi, I'm guessing by your highlighting of the word bod that you've taken it to mean something derogatory.............it's slang for body as I don't know by name who deals with this sort of thing.

Also, there's no need to be pedantic, I obviously meant Hyperion Group. And like I say, give them a chance and no doubt they'll sort it.

Maybe the lesson here could be to order in advance and make sure that stock doesn't run out in the first place!

How far in advance would you suggest - because 2 weeks in advance sounds pretty reasonable to me? Not everyone especially when starting out has the capital to invest in alot of stock, one presumes the supplier will always have the basics available.

Zingara I agree with some of your post - I absolutely asked the question to the Head Office in Leeds, my local OSNS and my Creative Ambassador........'what will I do? I have full days on Thursday and Friday, how can I service my clients?'...... the answer was pretty universal - 'sorry there is nothing we can do' - hence my point about Customer Service! - they are trying but I think some massive distribution cock up is afoot and it is leaving all Creative/Hyperion employees out on a limb.......as well as obviously and most importantly the customers!

To be fair to Jax; it is true that maybe people wouldn't be so defensive if it was another company being named.

I would be more impressed if somebody from Creative joined this thread and said "You know what Jax...........I'm really sorry to hear that you've had so many problems and I'm going to look into it for you."

This is a new thread and it is the weekend so be patient Jax and no doubt a Creative bod will deal with it. xxx

Well.....I suppose I am a Creative Bod....and I am employed by Hyperion.....and I work out of the CNA Scotland, so maybe I should stick my head above the parapet here.

I have answered your earlier PM Jackie, with information I was given, certainly over a week ago, in relation to what the cause of the current stock problems were.
I am sorry if you do not accept that, or have been given different information.
I fully intended to speak to my colleagues there first thing tomorrow and get back to you, I still intend to do this, and hopefully this matter will be resolved.
Last year when there were major distribution problems caused by Creative, it was actually the Glasgow OSNS that was able to supply a lot of our English colleagues when their own OSNS's were out of stock.
It seems the tables are now turned, but some of our customers don't want to phone another OSNS, Ellisons or even Head Office.

I am sorry, you are in a situation with a lot of clients, and dwindling stocks Jackie, as I said I will try and find out the current situation tomorrow.

I am sorry you did not think that dealing with this by PM to me, rather than on the board was sufficient.

Well.....I suppose I am a Creative Bod....and I am employed by Hyperion.....and I work out of the CNA Scotland, so maybe I should stick my head above the parapet here.

I have answered your earlier PM Jackie, with information I was given, certainly over a week ago, in relation to what the cause of the current stock problems were.
I fully intended to speak to my colleagues there first thing tomorrow and get back to you, I still intend to do this, and hopefully this matter will be resolved.
I am sorry you did not think that dealing with this by PM to me, rather than on the board was sufficient.
Hats off to you Izzie..............that's exactly what I knew would and thought should happen.

Sorry, but I didn't know that you'd already dealt with this matter privately. xxx

As a Scottish Creative Geek I have got to speak up for our OSNS the girls there work bloody hard at getting everything you need.
Glasgow as Izzy said has great stock but if they cant get it from Hyperion then no where can, yes there is a stock problem but shouting about it on here isn't going to get the stock in to the OSNS it is just getting people fired up.

It is funny how other people who use other company's aren't shouting about every little problem they are having if it be stock, delivery or prices but as soon as someone has a problem with Creative it is plastered on here and it is like a red rag to a bull!!
Problems with your chosen company should be kept private not opened to the world to read. If you feel so strongly about a problem then pm a geek who you think can help.

Izzy has offered to look in to the problem and if she can help I am sure she will we are lucky enough to have great Educators who use this site and are willing and able to help us out.:hug:
Ok thats my rant over:eek:

I am sorry, you are in a situation with a lot of clients, and dwindling stocks Jackie, as I said I will try and find out the current situation tomorrow.

Isabel, I wont post your actual PM on this forum but no where in your message did you suggest that you were taking this further and that you would be looking into this for me. You were sympathetic but resigned to the current situation - as was Leeds head office and Glasgow OSNS. Please dont suggest that you informed me you had the situation in hand because that was never mentioned or implied in your PM. As far as I was concerned Hyperion had completely shrugged its shoulders.
This thread was never about you - it was about the state of Hyperions distribution.

Mmmmm....not liking this thread 1 bit now....its changed from a grumble about stock to personal pm's

Mmmmm....not liking this thread 1 bit now....its changed from a grumble about stock to personal pm's
I can't say I am finding it very nice either :irked:

maybe a mod could just close this.

I havent been on here that long but this is possible the saddest thread i have read - usually its a firey friendly debate!!! emphasis on friendly!!!

Last year when there were major distribution problems caused by Creative, it was actually the Glasgow OSNS that was able to supply a lot of our English colleagues when their own OSNS's were out of stock.
It seems the tables are now turned, but some of our customers don't want to phone another OSNS, Ellisons or even Head Office.

I have never had these problems with Creative but to be fair I do not use them as my only brand or supplier and I am more beauty than nails.

Whilst I can understand how frustraing out of stock problems can be for clients IF I personally had already contacted Isabel about a problem I would KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that she would be doing absolutely EVERYTHING that she could to resolve my concerns.

Maybe I am just lucky enough to know Isabel so well that even if my concerns or problems are well outside her remit as a Creative Ambassador (as I am sure stock issues are) she would still move mountains to help secure me stock and ensure my future loyalty to Creative.

I also know that this effort would not only be exclusive to ME

I think seeing as Jax and some other creative geeks have had problems with getting hold of stock and have tried the normal channels to try and get their stock ,then by posting on the board they may hope that one of the team of higher statue may see their plight and try to help them out. We are all running business and we need the products to work Not every tech carries huge amounts of stock and I think to try and order 2 weeks in advance is a fair amount of time. The distributors work with us to make sure we deliver a service to our clients and both ours and their business succeed, I am not sure why there are these stock problems at the moment but can understand why Jax is getting frustrated by the lack of products. Lets all just keep to the problem lack of stock and not get personal or nasty.

I think we have to remember that for someone to start a thread on this subject things must be pretty bad ! Jax didn't ask for it to get personal she was asking what others have done in this situation ?

I totally understand where Jax is coming from and I think this thread is needed as salon owners, technicians and therapists need to make decisions on what ranges to stock and if a company can't deliver then why should they choose them.

maybe a mod could just close this.

I havent been on here that long but this is possible the saddest thread i have read - usually its a firey friendly debate!!! emphasis on friendly!!!

I think the time has come to do just this. However I will just add that it is somehow ironic that some of us expect our suppliers to run high levels of stock and yet aren't prepared to do so ourselves.

And on that note I bid you all happy geeking and nailing :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back