Crystal Pedicure - gave it a go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine lasted two weeks before I started loosing gems. I used a base coat to stick them too then sealed with star nails quattro super glossy sealant x

Up until recently i worked for nails inc for a loooong time!
The crystal pedi is done with resin! Resin is painted on and the individual gems stuck on one by one, having to paint more resin on as you go because obviously it drys. They used EZflow resin.
Without slating them the reason 2 tech's did it is because the company is very money and selling orientated and with 2 techs doing it, the quicker it will be done giving them more time to make moneys!

Hi ipq do you use anything over the top ?? or do u just do them with the resin ? Thanx :)

Nothing on the top! They retailed it that it "lasts 3 weeks" which it did last quite long but unfortunatly the glue turned yellow after just over a week!

Hiya, my name is sarah valentine and I'm the creator of the crystal pedicure for nails inc... here's a few responses to some of your queries:

I have recently switched to using biosculpture gel to affix the crystals. It is more flexible than the resin we have been using and has a better finish in that bio gel has a naturally shiny finish.

I put one layer on the nail then set, then another an apply the crystals then set. then a final layer goes over the top and is set. A layer of topcoat finishes them off but also protects as you can remove and reapply this as needed throoughout their stay on your toes.

I use sso5 crystals for the big toes and ss05 for the others, I think ss05 are slighty too big for the smaller toes but you can use all one size.

Swarovski sell these crystals: swarovski crystallized elements (which is a registered trade mark) on their website and you get 1440 crystals in a pack (roughly two and a bit pedis).

It takes two technicians roughly an hour to be cost effective and also less time for the client. It is also back breaking work, try sitting there for two hours bent over a foot!

Any more queries, I'd be happy to help

Sarah x:)

hey im loving this i tried it and its amazing. Although i only used gems. Where do u buy youre swarovski crystals from and what sizes do you reccomend is best?

I also done these on tips and they looked unreal. they where my gaga inspired bling nails xxx

awww sarah that was really sweet of you giving us all that information, i use bio and i have got some crystals going to have a go. thankyou
i will post pics when i finally finish it .

Hiya, my name is sarah valentine and I'm the creator of the crystal pedicure for nails inc... here's a few responses to some of your queries:

I have recently switched to using biosculpture gel to affix the crystals. It is more flexible than the resin we have been using and has a better finish in that bio gel has a naturally shiny finish.

I put one layer on the nail then set, then another an apply the crystals then set. then a final layer goes over the top and is set. A layer of topcoat finishes them off but also protects as you can remove and reapply this as needed throoughout their stay on your toes.

I use sso5 crystals for the big toes and ss05 for the others, I think ss05 are slighty too big for the smaller toes but you can use all one size.

Swarovski sell these crystals: swarovski crystallized elements (which is a registered trade mark) on their website and you get 1440 crystals in a pack (roughly two and a bit pedis).

It takes two technicians roughly an hour to be cost effective and also less time for the client. It is also back breaking work, try sitting there for two hours bent over a foot!

Any more queries, I'd be happy to help

Sarah x:)

hey what is there website xxxxx

Great job, luv that they each have their own colour :)
I did a multicolour on myself, just wetting a small area at a time, then used mannnnny coats of tops coat, I have pics too on my site, in the freehand area, :)

hi Sarah,

i gave it a go on my big toes, the first one i think i put too much bio sealer over top , it made the crystals look flat, and the second one looked better but i don't think it was bling enough, i have had them both on for well over a week and there is no signs of budging,
so i used swarovski nail gems,the ones with the flat back?? but do you use proper crystals ???? the ones u can get off the swarovski site??? i have a lady wanting these?? she is a traveller and she so desperately wants them for a wedding. if i am going to do them i want to do them to the best i can for her wedding,

so am i better getting the crystal elements???? is it what you use do they sit on the nail ok?
sorry for all questions

thanks janice xxx

I think these are fantastic and so so want to do my own toes although probably gonna be a struggle with the bulges but never mind I would put up with the aches and pains to have my toes like these. Only problem is I am very limited with the products I have until my Mum comes over to visit with more supplies I have got a professional Magnetic gel set and Magnetic Acylic set and supreme finish top gel oh and quite a few wheels of gems would these be sufficient to do my nails. Unfortunatly I was unable to do a nail art course but hopefully I will be able to do that in February.
I am not sure what is safe to use with what.
Can u apply nail polish then gems then the supreme finish top gel and cure? from what I have read gems are applied then cured just wondered if varnish is safe to put under a lamp too?
I am really amazed at what I have found on the internet regarding nail enchancements I had no idea what could be done infact all I knew was gel nails and L&p white and pink as that was all I ever had when I went to the salon. I have done my nails and each one I have put a 3d acrylic rose on as I have been watching on the internet how they were done I think they look amazing but not sure what to put over them to stop them getting discoloured. Sorry if these questions have been asked I have been reading this site for some time now but just keep getting side tracked with all the different things to read on here.
look forward to any advice
Thank you
Kayla

I did a set of these today, took 1.5 hours and roughly 700 crystals i would say. I used Swarovski ss05 with a clear gel base mixed with Young Nails Holographic Glitter as a base then a thin layer of clear build gel and gloss UV top coat to finish! Not bad for a 1.5 hours work! Will try to save a picture in my album. x

Just a thought.
The mood polish that changes with body temperature I read about on hear, could that be used underneath to make the crystals look like they are reflecting the light more.
Never used the mood polish but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it as i'm hoping to go to Olympia & put it on the shopping list if you geeks think it may work?

What size are the crystals?x

I have just added these photos to another thread - but here is my first attempt of the Swarovski Crystal Pedicure :)

Attachments

• IMG_6180.jpg
    IMG_6180.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,458
  • IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,219
  • IMG_8608.jpg
    IMG_8608.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4,968
If I can figure out how to show you a pic I'll show you mine, I'm not really a pink girl but I used clear, baby pink, magenta and lilac stones of about 1mm in size. I did it on myself, as a result I have a numb bum, pins and needles in my leggies and an achey back! I would suggest pairing up with other forumites and offering a tit-for-tat unless you're brilliant at Yoga...! Here is the link, I couldn't get a thumbnail to work?!

Picasa Web Albums - Lily Pip

Lilypip.x

Can anyone help?
My Client has natural acrylics and for a special event had shellac French with swarovskis along the smile line. I used acrylic glue and then shellac top coat.

But..when it came to Infills 2 weeks later I can't get the crystals off they didn't seem to file off. But surely if I wrap then off it will effect my acrylic?

How does everyone else get them
Off? She's ended up having to leave them on.

I'm confused, does she have Shellac on top of acrylics? If so can't you file all the Shellac off, even the crystals, so you're just left with acrylic? Or is that what you're doing and it's just the crystals left?

I had Swarovskis embedded into my Gelish and only took them off today, managed to file over the crystals and they popped off but they did flatten at first so I'm sure they can be filed down?

Hi lolla, yes that's what I meant. Shellac over acrylics. Wow mine just weren't budging maybe I wasn't being firm enough. She's amazed how well they have lasted anyway. I'll try again when she's next booked in.

Latest posts

Back