Custom Blend help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using the CND Opaque powders and mostly they are ok but I did a set on my friend and the closest match was the cool pink However it was nowhere near pink enough for the colour of her nailbeds. Would I need to add a pinch of red to the mix to make it pinker or another colour ?

I don't have the bold powders only the Blue, Yellow and Brown Shimmer.

Thanks in advance :hug:

Sorry Caz, need more info......

Is it not intense enough? add blue or purple but client will have to have very strong skin tone for this to look ok?

If you add red it will make it warmer maybe warm pink would be better if this is the case.

Have you tried the Intense Pink?

If you need to make it pinker then chances are your client was not a cool skin tone but a warm skin tone. !!

Here is an easy trick.

Make a bead of each opaque coverage powder and put it on top of the lid of the powder. That way you can hold it next to the clients' skin and SEE which colour suits her the best.

I have put some on a tip and buffed it, then it's there for all clients - (on a clear tip) I can just hold the clear tip with the different colours over the nail plate to check the colour.
I have done with with my Brisa Opaque CB gels too.

I have put some on a tip and buffed it, then it's there for all clients - (on a clear tip) I can just hold the clear tip with the different colours over the nail plate to check the colour.

Great idea, Bev! :hug:

Thanks for all the replies. I put a bead of each of the 3 opaque powders onto a tip and the cool pink was definitely the closest match to the colour of her nail bed. The others were too peachy. However the colour is too pale and needs to be a deeper pink.

What would I add to achieve this ?

i dont match the color of the NAIL BED flower - i match the color of the clients SKIN tone. i did one of these today, the clients skin tone was VERY pale, but her nail beds were quite pink. needless to say when i put the warm or cool powder mix (on a clear form) next to her skin - they looked horrendous. so i ended up using the neutral, which incidently matched perfectly.

If neither the warm, cool or neutral powders were right, but the cool was nearest, could you not do her a custom blend using half cool and half neutral (or 60-40) and add more as needed to get it to match her skin tone (or as close as poss)?

Is your client really really pale??? are you trying to say that the tone needed to be cooler than the cool pink? if so then you had a very slight touch of blue/purple. I am just putting these on myself right now, lol.

Maybe that's where I am going wrong. I have been trying to match the colour of their nail bed not the skin tone !

If the colour does not match their nail bed though would that not look really odd when their nails have grown and it's not yet time for a rebalance ?

Thanks guys :hug:

Maybe that's where I am going wrong. I have been trying to match the colour of their nail bed not the skin tone !

If the colour does not match their nail bed though would that not look really odd when their nails have grown and it's not yet time for a rebalance ?

Thanks guys :hug:

yes you right, it will look odd, but its the skin tone you are matching, and the nailbed color will always look diff flower -they will sharp get back into you for a rebalanc/infill :hug:

fab idea

I always match the nailbed. I never cover up the whole nailbed when custom blending, so it would look really weird if I did.:eek:

Latest posts

Back