Dappen dish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfecttips

Reaction score
Hi

Does any one have a favorite dappen dish, I have one of those little glass ones at the moment but i'm getting a bit fed up with and wonder what you all use. Shouldn't really be thinking about it because I vowed not to buy any more nail stuff for a bit!!:o

I use a stainless steel egg cup with sacuer and lid!

I have the creative stainless steel 'dog bowl' dappen dish and it is fab:lol:

Has anyone thought / tried about decorating their plain dappen dish (I know the monomer etc mey remove the design, but there must be a way to make it stay in place???)

Just an idea
:idea::idea::idea:

nik said:
I have the creative stainless steel 'dog bowl' dappen dish and it is fab:lol:

I just got mine, was a gift from the lady who's salon i work in and its fabarooni! i love it and it looks swish :lol:

i mostly use my creative opaque dappen dish (with lid) as i find it easier to carry abut in my mobile case, but i use my dog bowl dappen dish at home

I have a few different dishes. I always keep one for when I do glitter acrylic otherwise you can end up with bits of glitter throughout your enhancements!!!! I also have a separate brush for glitter and 3D.
I fav is my CND stainless steel "dog bowl" :)

I mostly use my Creative dog bowl, but i like the CND clear ones as well as they have lids and are lighter to carry around.

I also have a blue eggcup that I got given, it looks funky and everyone comments on it. Goes with the colour scheme of my salon hehe.

-Ness :)

Where are you finding the CND dog bowl dappen dishes? I live in the US and cannot find them anywhere? I know they are changing their logo design so the old dishes with the old logo are probably few and far between. Thanks

Sorry to hijack this thread abit but someone mentioned one with a screw lid, this sounds good but where do you get it??

I've got a few dappen dishes and here's my logic.... :eek:

tiny clear glass ones - too small and topple over if you swipe your brush too hard but got these with my kit so only use them for blending powders/gels.
large flat frosted one with metal lid - this is good for home.. use it quite a bit :)
Sphere one - this is a glass bowl that has a rubber lid that fits snugly over the top then the top of the sphere is a stainless steel top that screws on. This is good for taking to college, if I only do say 1 or 2 practice nails then I bring my monomer home in it.
EzFlow white pot with cork lid - Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it... don't know why, just do :lol:

I have to laugh - I just broke my glass dappen dish, so at present I am using an alcohol shot glass LOL. Does the job, for now anyway......:Grope:

LOVE my CND 'dog dish'. It rocks! :)

Ive got the small glass one but I will look into getting the "dog bowl".
When Im doing my nails at home, I always put some blu-tak underneath it to stop the wobbling. Not very professional I know, but it does the trick :green:

Im still using the plastic CND one I got with my training kit....

Changed to the metal one in the early days and the bottom of it is rock solid with acrylic lol

Its a reminder of all the ratio paractice lol

Too scared to change the good ol plastic ones ...

I love my EzFlow one with the cork lid... it is large enough to put plenty in when you are doing design nails and the lid is great for keeping those vapours at bay
hth:hug:

I have to laugh - I just broke my glass dappen dish, so at present I am using an alcohol shot glass LOL. Does the job, for now anyway......:Grope:

pmsl :lol: don't get confused will you?

I received my new dappen dish yesterday from Young Nails and LOVE it already!! It's a heavyweight porcelain white one with a cork lid (like the EzFlow one). I couldn't get on with the cnd 'dog bowl' and was forever having to let go of the clients hand with any others I've tried as I was scared they were going to fall over! There's no chance this new one will fall over and it's bound to speed me up too...yay!

I have a glass tea-light candle holder from Tesco's, cost me 25p and its fab.

I've got a few dappen dishes and here's my logic.... :eek:

tiny clear glass ones - too small and topple over if you swipe your brush too hard but got these with my kit so only use them for blending powders/gels.
large flat frosted one with metal lid - this is good for home.. use it quite a bit :)
Sphere one - this is a glass bowl that has a rubber lid that fits snugly over the top then the top of the sphere is a stainless steel top that screws on. This is good for taking to college, if I only do say 1 or 2 practice nails then I bring my monomer home in it.
EzFlow white pot with cork lid - Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it... don't know why, just do :lol:

Have to agree with you about the ezflow one! its great and i find it helps keep the odour down! its sooo lovely looking as well!

Jodie x x

Latest posts

Back