Dappen dish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the plastic ones I got with the CND kit, they're ok but don't really use em, the EzFlow one, really like it and keep it for glitters, but my fave is definitely the CND dog bowl, but I don't like that it doesn't come with a lid, so I used a hexagonal lid that came off one of the small glass dappen dishes, and it fits perfectly and keeps the vapours and smells down!:D

i like a clear glass one so i can properly see the condition of the monomer inside it to ensure its not cloudy or contaminated with glitter.
i have ones with a heavy base and a well fitting lid to prevent it tipping when i wipe the brush on it and keep the odour in.
i dont care for an oversized one because you need to put more monomer in it to cover your brush and if it gets contaminated its a lot of pricey liquid wasted.

Ive got the small glass one but I will look into getting the "dog bowl".
When Im doing my nails at home, I always put some blu-tak underneath it to stop the wobbling. Not very professional I know, but it does the trick :green:

i dont see anything unprofessional at all about that. in fact a non professional probably wouldnt think of doing it at all.

its a tip i pass on to all my students so they can wipe their brush properly and prevent the spillage of expensive monomer and possible damage that comes with it too.

but my fave is definitely the CND dog bowl, but I don't like that it doesn't come with a lid,

I love the CND bowl too, about the lid, here we are able to buy he lids separately, maybe you can too???

I have some favourites as well but the number first are always my heart candleholders. They are sold by a Finnish designshop Pentik. They are made from solid glass and are quite heavy. No way knocking them over;). And the colour range is wide, one for every mood :D There is no lid but when i need one i just use one from my frosted dappendish (Young Nails), works great! And the customers are always commenting :Wow so sweet:Love:!

Attachments

• P5021091.jpg
    P5021091.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I have some favourites as well but the number first are always my heart candleholders. They are sold by a Finnish designshop Pentik. They are made from solid glass and are quite heavy. No way knocking them over;). And the colour range is wide, one for every mood :D There is no lead but when i need one i just use one from my frosted dappendish (Young Nails), works great! And the customers are always commenting :Wow so sweet:Love:!

them little heart ones are adorable! do they come with a lid?

Jodie x x

No there is no lid. Actually they are not so small as they seem perhaps on the pic. They are about 10cm wide and 5cm high:D

I use Affiniti's starfish dappen dish, glass, really sturdy, looks great and you would have a real job to knock it over, which is good for me cos I'm sooo clumsy. I have had comments from clients about how pretty it looks.

CND's dog bowl all the way for me. I used to use little glass one with blu tac, but was always loosing blu tac and got fed up with it not sticking to my towel as I am mobile and cover clients table, so blu tac would not work, got the dog bowl and problem solved, and has a lid,,it's fab xxx

young nails ceramic one for me too. love that my brush stands up in it too, plus as im mobile, the cork stopper works well, havent had a leak yet

definately the Ezflow ceramic dappen dish for me, the cork keeps the liquid trapped for safe carrying, (my kit goes everywhere with me!) wrap the cork in tin foil to stop it soaking up the liquid...

glass ones fall over easily, you cant get enough pressure to drain your brush unless you hold them, how annoying!

EzFlow with Cork and CND Dog Bowl...

Latest posts

Back