Dark circles under eyes.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te1fer

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

This is actually a personal problem, i have dark circles under my eyes.

I often get 8 hours of sleep a night, if not more

I have used various products from olay to clarins none have worked so far

Any ideas of what i could do to help reduce the darkness much appreciated.

I do not wear make-up at all so concealer would be my last choice.

Thanks Guys :hug:

Hi One of the most common causes is nasal congestion. Veins that drain from your eyes into your nose become widened and dilated and therefore darker. It can also occur as when you sleep gravity can cause the fluid to collect in lower eyelids. (I sleep slightly elevated but be careful of causing neck discomfort) The problem may be genetic and a result of some conditions.

Creams that help include vitamin C or K and AHA's. Skin lightening offered by professional hyperpigmentation ranges would also help. Beware however of banned products containing harsh bleaches/hydroquinone etc.

I used to have the same problem and still does but not to the extend that it was....(must be a sign of getting older :eek:)

There is a lot of products out there that can help as you would have probably seen in the internet, I have found that some products are better than others but I found this website good in explaining how dark circles appear, have a look at Dark Under-Eye Circles - Causes and Cures and hope the recommendations they give help?

do u know anyone that has used this product?? and what were the results like ???

I have tried a range of different products / brands but I found the explanation on that website very good in giving insight how dark circles appear as everyone always says "you need more sleep" and it doesnt make any difference (well at least no more than to anyone else)

I personally found that a good cream or moisturizer (even anti ageing cream or gel as they keep the skin smooth) combined with concealer and a mineral powder does the trick but I guess its trial and error as everybody and every skin is different......

If you go to any of the beauty shows you will normally find exhibitors there that can give you more information and advice and you can see and test the product there, so maybe that is the best way to find out which is best for you?
Hth :hug:

WATER....honest drinking lots of water helps this loads.

The previous post which mentioned the accumulation of fluids sounded very interesting. I have suffered from dark circles for some time and do find myself waking up with what feels like a hangover, which is really annoying considering I don't drink alcohol anymore!
If anyone has any further insights please let me know.

Thanks

I've had dark circles for ages. They started when I began working trade shows and flying long distance. The following helped a bit:

loads of water
a good moisturiser / under eye cream applied with a light eye massage
sleep

Cucumber / cool spoon over the eye area helps if there is any puffiness.

L'Oreal Touch Eclat works well to conceal them while they're bad. I think with me it's mostly genetic so I don't think I'll ever be rid of them.

Let me know if you find anything that works ...

I go to a place for laser hair removal and apparently they do a thing for dark circles/bags/wrinkles etc gets rid of it called mesotherapy starts from £69 xx

Google mesotherapy dark circles and teres loads come up, apparently it's used for all sorts x might help u guys x

This thread is really interesting as I've always had dark circles under my eyes.

I've tried everything but have recently started using the new Garnier eye roll on and the difference is truly amazing!!

I used to hate going out without make up on as I would always be asked "Are you OK, you look really tired" etc etc. But it is so much better now.

I'm sure it's the action of the roller ball rather than the actual product (which probably relates back to the previous post about congestion)

But it isn't expensive and I would definitely say it's worth it.

SKIN DOCTORS eyecircle!!
I swear by it! Dark circles seems to run in the females in my family, it takes a few weeks to notice the difference but once you do you'll love the results. About 6 months ago I ran out and kept forgetting to buy more and so didn't use it for a few weeks-I was totally reminded how good this cream is as I could see the difference- not good!! It lasts so long, I only use half a pump(full pump is too much!) and then when it's all finished I crack it open and get another couple months out of the product.
Love, love, love!!
Maria x

this can occur due to natual ageing as you can get a hollowing called a tear trough in this area also. There is a product called cernor which is a vitamin k oxide that has light reflective properties, they also have a cover stick too but I don't know what that's like to be honest. HA injected in the area can help too but if you have localised oedema HA is hydrophillic so will attract more water to the area. Try with something less aggressive before you go for the tear trough rejuvenation.

Has anyone tried that concealer? The name escapes me at the moment, but loads of people swear by it. I had it applied once and it just made it look worse for me personally.

Hi Girls,

Dark circles - Are blood originated pigments that build up in the eye contour area!.

Most people focus on the colour as they do not understand how the dark circle has developed (sometimes from birth and young age). The instant thought is to look for products to lighten the area. You are wasting your money!

Basically the vessels need to be stimulated to widen and allow the blood pigments to flow and the lymphatic that is sluggish needs to be improved.

Best ingredients for this are: Chrysin, N-hydroxysuccinimide, Gingko to reduce the blood pigments and stimulate flow in that area.

Best way to treat: Mesotherpay via machine, make sure you drain to the lymph node, or transdermal machine, dermaroller can be used but be careful, a derma stamp is easier. If you have the right sterile product you can apply topically (professioanl product).

If you don't have a Mesotherapy machine or transdermal machine, I would use a dermaroller at home but just remember that you can't go past the bone, so you would have to pull the skin down under the eye and only work up to the bone.

If you use the right cocktail then the colour reduces anyway!

Hope this helps

P.s yes drink more water as it helps your lymphatic system!

The previous post which mentioned the accumulation of fluids sounded very interesting. I have suffered from dark circles for some time and do find myself waking up with what feels like a hangover, which is really annoying considering I don't drink alcohol anymore!
If anyone has any further insights please let me know.

Thanks

I used to wake up most mornings with what I can only describe as hangover feeling. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and once on insulin those heady mornings stopped.

I don't have dark circles but I have bags. I'm only 24 and in te past few weeks (stress) they have got much worse.

Even with make up on they look bad, no amount of concealer or foundation will cover up the puffy, droopiness of them.

I had laser eye surgery in feb and also think that because I don't have my glasses to "hide behind" it looks worse.

Hope someone can help x

Has anyone tried that concealer? The name escapes me at the moment, but loads of people swear by it. I had it applied once and it just made it look worse for me personally.

Touché éclat? This works for me but I don't have deep set dark circles, and if your skin is quite dry there it can look worse. My friend has quite deep set circles and this doesn't particularly make it look that much better. I know haemorrhoid cream is good for bags but not sure with dark circles, sorry :sad:

Latest posts

Back