Dashing Diva in supermarkets or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried them at the event. I didn't like them, my thought was, that a client seeing me put them on, would be more likely to ask me if I would sell them a strip rather then ask me to apply them.
What I have fallen in love with is the Shellac french. I know you are thinking of prom girls and maybe thinking they won't pay for a Shellac service, but, the girls around here love it. They love having a super polish that lasts and lasts and that their mums cant have a moan about because there is no damage to the natural nail. (teenagers love to be smug don't they:lol:)
I was having problems, I've not got very steady hands, but on another thread, someone put me wise to an angled gel brush and suddenly I can do this. And it looks so much better then the DD.
So I'd say forget DD and promote your gel polish, whatever make you use:hug:

Yes I agree that it's a crappy thing to do to get professionals to raise the profile of the product and then sell them out to the public.

I also agree that they are more trouble than doing a proper French polish.
I don't know why they have caught on so well.

But if people are getting clients paying for them, I don't think they need to be too concerned as likely these clients go to a professional because they can't or don't like to give themselves a French manicure. I think they will carry on going to them even if they can buy them in the shop themselves.

I know alot of people will be using dashing diva because they cant do a french, but i feel i have to point out that thats not the case for everybody. I bought dashing diva because it was selling as ' clever, fast, neat, easy and patented! For the fastest French Manicures around - Dashing Diva rule' and 'lasts up to 10 days' and for a usual french polish that sometimes chips or smudges ..this sounded really good.

there is many people who could free hand some of the minx designs - does that mean there not gonna offer those minx designs?

Clients like it because its something new too them, goes on more exciting than the good old french. That is why i offer dashing diva as well as the good old french!

I know alot of people will be using dashing diva because they cant do a french, but i feel i have to point out that thats not the case for everybody. I bought dashing diva because it was selling as ' clever, fast, neat, easy and patented! For the fastest French Manicures around - Dashing Diva rule' and 'lasts up to 10 days' and for a usual french polish that sometimes chips or smudges ..this sounded really good.

there is many people who could free hand some of the minx designs - does that mean there not gonna offer those minx designs?

Clients like it because its something new too them, goes on more exciting than the good old french. That is why i offer dashing diva as well as the good old french!

DD is for ammateurs in my humble opinion as the reason people use them is largely because they don't have the skill to do a French by hand.

I quote from my post above. The word 'largely' means just that ... not that I think everyone who uses them is an ammateur or can't paint a good French.

To me they just look like French tips and in fact you could do the same thing with well-less French tips and without the applicator and for less money but hey ho.

What professionals are brassed off about is giving support to products and brands only to have them whipped out from under them and sold direct to the consumer because the manufacturers want to make the big bucks the quickest way and consumer sales are it, and AFTER these brands have used the pros to market the service for them!! :evil:

Professionals are feeling manipulated and USED and they don't like it and why in hell should they support brands that do it to them? No one likes being shafted

Couldnt have put it better myself and it just defies belief to me that not everyone sees it this way. This is the way I veiwed it immediately. And yes I don't just feel that I have been shafted I know I have been shafted. I don't see the relevance actually about comparing painting nails because I never paint nails with polish that clients can get easily. My make up kit sure does not have Avon or any other product that my client can buy over a counter so I think this is a silly comparison to make. I marketed Gelish to my clients, I invested a lot and a lot of money so I would have all the colours to offer my clients and to be honest I now don't want it. I certainly would not be comfortable providing a professional service with a rimmel polish and I certainly will not be comfortable providing gelish which was supposed to be a professional only product untill they sold everyone out. Merely my opinion

Just as I am about to look into ordering I have come across something that says it is in supermarkets for the general public to buy?

I am not stirring up a hornets nest here I just want to know if it is true. Having been stung by Gelish going into Sallys I don't want to stock anything else that they can get next door in Tesco! :mad:

In department stores and pharamcies, here in Quebec; you can purchase the following:
- Tips
- L&P
- DD or similar
- Tip-n-dip
- Silk wrap
- Minx knock-offs
- Rhinestones etc
and the list goes on.......

None of this has hurt my business! If anything, my business has GROWN immensely in the past year. I'm now "full time" and have been since last Xmas.
And that's WITH a big increase in my pricing structure.
I don't offer DD and never did, never considered it because it seemed like a big waste of money and time to me. Much more cost effective to invest in my polish collection and have more diversity, and do french's that way.
BUT having said that, I agree
A) clients usually can't do as good of a job as the Techs
B) it's VERY frustrating for TEchs to build up the hype on a product and then WHAMMO it's made available to the public. NOT RIGHT!!

However, continue to set yourself apart from NSS & pharmacy stuff, and you'll never be affected by that silliness. If you offer services and expertise that other's can't.... you'll do fine.

What professionals are brassed off about is giving support to products and brands only to have them whipped out from under them and sold direct to the consumer because the manufacturers want to make the big bucks the quickest way and consumer sales are it, and AFTER these brands have used the pros to market the service for them!! :evil:

Professionals are feeling manipulated and USED and they don't like it and why in hell should they support brands that do it to them? No one likes being shafted.

I Don't know how anyone can call themselves a professional if they can't do a French by hand, but there you go. A French is both cheaper and quicker to do by hand and lasts just as long.

I tried DD of course and made a nice result, but actually prefer the look of a hand done French any day. Plus they cost as much as tips and eat up the profit you would make painting a French by hand.

Ditto!

Sadly for me I have removed them from my treatment list ,
After finding them in my local supermarket !

They have the whole collection not just the DD's and full boxes of colors Inc black also the dashing diva polishes , full cover metalic nals , cuticle removers the gel life (aka dashing diva adhesives including the gel life gels ! Primers , Cleansers , files/ buffers , polishes ,

I took some photos , remember I'm in Germany but it's still with in Europe I'm not that far away!
And this is a normal supermarket selling bread and milk ,

View attachment 7951View attachment 7952View attachment 7953View attachment 7954

OMG! No way - am gutted! However, since doing my masters I am a dab hand at free hand french now, so have a draw full of them that I'll probably never use!!

I am not stirring up a hornets nest here I just want to know if it is true. Having been stung by Gelish going into Sallys I don't want to stock anything else that they can get next door in Tesco!

Yet another reason to stick with Shellac, you know for definite you won't find it in Sally's and will be supported and not shafted (aside from the clear product advantages)

Latest posts

Back