Daughter's messy bedroom pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
I don't know about all you parents out there but me for one have had enough of the state of my daughters' bedroom.

Considering she takes soooo much care and attention over the way she looks!

I have decided to name and shame her in the hope that she will be absolutely mortified and will listen to my pleas'.

I am not a push-over and we have tried grounding, stopping pocket money all kind of stuff and still this. This is supposed to be a tad light hearted! Something I can show her when she gets in!:lol:

The first pics is a pic of my 2 little angels, just so you can see who we are talking about here. The dog even looks shocked in one photo!! I did have one of her en-suite shower room but that is just tooo grim to post, I would be embarressed of that.

Anyone else have problems trying to get the kids to tidy their rooms?

Teri x:hug:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/daughtersmessyroom006.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/daughtersmessyroom007.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/daughtersmessyroom008.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/daughtersmessyroom009.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/daughtersmessyroom011.jpg

Believe me - my sisters whole house is alot worse!

Do you think this will do the job! Lets us know what she says!

That doesnt look to bad at all. When I lived at home my room was a complete tip!! It was awful. Dunno what you can say or do to make her clean it up as nothing worked with me lol :D

Well they're beautiful girls Teri!!!

As for the bedrooms I was thinking... they're not too bad at all, my house is worse... but then the last picture shocked me :lol:

Take everything off them - throw it all in bags and tell them they can only have it back if they promise to put it all back properly, throw what they don't want and tell them if it ever gets in a state like this again, you will keep it all over the weekend.

Do this on a friday night to your eldest - going around in the same clothes until Sunday will really do her head in.

Trust me - this works!!

I swear I never left my room in a mess after I had this done to me :eek:

Wearing the same clothes Friday and Saturday night is just so not cool if you're a teenager - it's 'minging' :lol:

Thats tidy compared to my kids rooms at times :irked:

My rooms worse than that!

I think you should take everything from her too, only concider giving it back if things improve!

Yup Natalie's is worse than that ... I just make her keep her door closed so that I can't see it and then it doesn't bother me!

The best one to use with clothes lying around the bedroom floor is to say if any clothes are on the floor in 2 days time then I will take them to the charity shop, Bag them up and hide in your wardrobe :lol:

Reminds me of when I was young :)

Your dog is a beauty

Sorry your girls are gorgeous too I am just a Weimaraner fan

Right now I am really angry, she's just rung to say shes' left her purse on the bus with £40 in it. Argh!:mad:

Teri x:hug:

My boys bedroom is worse, most of the time you can not see the floor and this is after they have said they have cleaned it. Honestly it is that bad the october half term it took me from 11.55am until 9.10pm to sort it out.
Donna

Well they're beautiful girls Teri!!!

As for the bedrooms I was thinking... they're not too bad at all, my house is worse... but then the last picture shocked me :lol:

Take everything off them - throw it all in bags and tell them they can only have it back if they promise to put it all back properly, throw what they don't want and tell them if it ever gets in a state like this again, you will keep it all over the weekend.

Do this on a friday night to your eldest - going around in the same clothes until Sunday will really do her head in.

I think I'll have a go at that anyway now! She has lost her purse with front door key and our address in it:mad: . So locks need to be changed quick.

The last picture that shocked you is of dirty washing AND CLEAN WASHING AND IRONING that I have already done.

FFS - I don't know if anyone knows what my abbreviation means but it makes me feel a whole lot better!!

Teri x:lol:

Got your abbreviation loud and clear Teri, lol, my daughter is just as bad, it took us over 7 hours to gut our daughters room last weekend! Dirty pants and socks and all sorts of unmentionables under the bed and she's 9:eek:
I filled loads of black bags and off they went to the local hospital, just went up earlier and again the mess was starting and I starting ranting yet again!!!
Thats awful about her purse and your keys! Yikes hun!

Not 100% sure on the abreviation but have an idea.:eek:

Try banning all social activities unless rooms are tidy. So far that's the only thing to work.
My kids rooms were just as bad so last summer hols I spent 2 days with each of them sorting and organising rooms. I bought a few helpfull gadgets like overdoor organisers etc. Now their job is to keep the room tidy, if not they have no social life.:eek:
i.e. Tuesday nights the older 2 have Alpha (church youth club), if over the weekend when we do a spot check, (at anytime) it takes more than 10 mins to put it right, they don't go.:eek:
It works a treat.:D :twisted: :D Through the week we have band practice (George hates to miss that for fear of being kicked out of the band), drama club etc to bargain with.
The fear of a life spent with parents alone does the trick. Good luck.:twisted:

Haha.. my dads house is much worse than that.. and my mums house is like a show home half the time. Lord knows how she put up with it the years they were together.. Mum said it used to drive her crackers and when we were messy teens with our rooms she'd always say.. "Gawd you two are just like your father!". LOL
WHEN THE CLIENTS WERE WALKING THROUGH TO THE SALON SHE USED TO KEEP ARE DOORS FIRMLY CLOSED TOO LIKE SASSY DOES. Lmao (oops caps)

Maybe another unit or more storage would persuade her to be tidier. I know it helped me.. cos I actually had places to put my junk then, after it being on the floor all the time.
Just an idea. xx

HI TERI JUST WANT TO SAY YOUR DAUGHTER LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU (oops caps ) :green:

this is what i have to look forward to both my little boys think toys put there self back in the toy box :smack: :lol:

Hi,

Room is a shocker, but your dog is gorgeous !! :lol:

Marlise

I cleaned my 10 year old brothers bedroom on Friday and it was a million times worse than that!!! Lol

When i lived at home my bedroom was really really bad my mum even kicked me out of my room and into the box room(which was undecorated with a kids road carpet on!lol) and said if i keep that tidy i could have my own room back! This didn't even make me keep it clean!! Lol
When i moved out into a flat with my sister my room stayed tidy (the rest of the place was absolutely awful she is really really messy and i don't think she ever cleans!lol!(she does admit it though! he he)
When me and my fella moved into our house now, i am house proud sometimes the place gets messy but never dirty and if anyone is coming round I'm cleaning like a mad woman!! lol Love my house 2 be tidy!! :)

I used to be exactly the same as Ur daughter when i was that age and up until i was 18!! now I'm loads better :) She will grow out of it i bet!! :) xxx

Latest posts

Back