Depressed my waxing takes so long!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammymeme

Reaction score
what am i doing wrong i waxed a mans back frount and arms and it took me 3! hours!... today i waxed a asian ladie (realy small) full leg and bikini but still 3 hours! ok my wax had to warm up... i am mobile... not been doing for to long... only 3 months ! but is it my wax or my teckneque? (cant spell that one!) I am using mercia wax,... as i am told my waxing is good eye brows and things great ..but i always seem to have missed the odd hair and end up spending to much time sorting this out...... am i using wrong stuff help just takes to long... as i said not been doing for that long but is it ok to wax 3 parts then... off with the hair??? dose it have to be warm??? help needed for will to live lol xxx thank you in advance xxx ps is mercia any good?... x

Hi, Wax does not always pick up every single hair so I would not worry too much about this.
The wax you are using also would not be the cause are you using spatula method?
I find my timings for legs and arms are reduced dramatically by using a roller wax so maybe this would help?
Also is it possible for you to go back to your trainer for any advice on your technique as this could be a big help?
I hope you get sorted, waxing is one of my favourite treatments though when I first started my timings were also much longer than they were supposed to be, so keep in there :hug:

Hi, Wax does not always pick up every single hair so I would not worry too much about this.
The wax you are using also would not be the cause are you using spatula method?
I find my timings for legs and arms are reduced dramatically by using a roller wax so maybe this would help?
Also is it possible for you to go back to your trainer for any advice on your technique as this could be a big help?
I hope you get sorted, waxing is one of my favourite treatments though when I first started my timings were also much longer than they were supposed to be, so keep in there :hug:

Like Beautific,

I also use the roller wax system for legs and full arms, I find it much faster than using a spatula.

Good luck and keep your chin up - I am sure you will get faster as you learn different techniques...

I use the tube method of warm wax and even in the beginning it took ages I am now quite sharpish, though I have my moments of going over a bit or using tweezers. The tube wax heats up in the time it takes to get in and set up, though I usually try to go with it pre-warmed. And then like you, I get bogged down on the details but that does get better - probably about the time you start sharing the issue on here :wink2: It all just suddenly falls into place. But there is no harm in looking back over your technique and what you are using to wax with. I used to hate doing eyebrow waxing but now love it, especially since I ran out of the tiny tube applicators for the face and used a small spatula to serve the wax straight from the tube and hey presto, it is brill. I think the tube applicators for the larger area areas and underarm and bikini are just so quick and easy.

Caroline x

Speed comes with practice. My first full body wax on a real gorilla of a guy took nearly 7 hours!!

Keep practicing, look at using something like rollers for legs - you can heat these up before you go and there is less chance of spillage.

Mat

Not all waxes work as well as others so as well as trying all the other tips try changing your wax too_Only you will be able to tell whether it will make a difference to you.You will have to pay a bit mor, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

When I first started I used to dread leg waxes, I used to get myself so hot and bothered doing them and they took forever!! It got to the point where I was close to no longer offering it as a service.

It got better though, with practise, practise and more practise! I use warm wax and a spatula and can now do a half leg wax in about 15/20 minutes.

It all takes time, don't beat yourself up! :hug:

xx

Hi there

I trained using a pot and sptaula but I must admit I did buy myself a roller for legs!! I've only been waxing for a few months and I am still quite slow but I am getting faster. I brought the salon systems roller wax kit, and I use perron rigot cartridges in it. It is a more expensive way of doing it but tbh if it saves time in the long run Im not sure it is that more expensive.

Also are you covering the front of the leg and then removing the wax or are you putting on one strips worth of wax at a time and removing the wax? The more you can cover the better and if you are worried the wax will cool on the skin you just put the strip on and give it a really good rub to warm it back up. I tend to ignore the stray hairs until I have cleansed at the end of the wax and then get the tweezers on any that are worth tweezing.

I hope that helps!! It does take a while to build up speed. I have a male intimate at 7pm tonight and then another one at 8.30 pm and I am really going to have to be on the ball I think!

Caroline
xxx

It takes time to pick up speed, I find I can crank out a half leg in about 20 mins or so, but thighs take me ages. I dread them, I don't know why they take me so long. Just keep at it, and maybe heat up your wax before you leave to save a bit of time once you get to your client. :green:

You will speed up with practise, and of course there are things you can do to help yourself, like heating the wax before you leave home, or using an in-car charger, and learning to talk without looking at a client, but why not try Kim Lawless's speed waxing class? There have been lots of terrific reviews on here about it.

I did Kim's speed waxing and picked great tips. You have to be methodical.

I took on board what I was taught and I came up with my own style. You need to think about everything, how you hold the spatula, how much wax to scoop, how you apply, where to stand, how you remove, when do you go over the stray hairs......

For each body part, before you apply the wax, think about where you are going to start and where you are going to finish.

As Curly Bamboo says... BE METHODICAL!

It also helps to prep everywhere before you apply any wax, then apply as much wax as poss (although be careful with the cheaper brands that they don't 'dry' on the skin before you get round to removing!)

Check out Lori Nestore on youtube.

Yes I still take a little longer than industry standard times for legs and bikini lines but am ok with eyebrows and facial areas now. I use wax pot and spatula with tea tree creme wax. I trained at college with honey wax but I find this too sticky and difficult to spread. I warm my pot before I arrive at a clients house when possible and then put the pot on immediately on arrival. By the time ive set my couch and rest of equipment up, done consultation etc its all ready to go! Im thinking of trying the rollerball though its sounds easier :)

Seems like a bit of a silly question but are you sure your wax is at the right temp? I had this problem when I first started. the wax would not spread properly and it was taking me forever to do a full leg! Also as previously said your not going to get every single hair on the leg to stick to the wax - thats what a tweezer is for! :)

As well as all the other advice such as using rollers etc - check out speed waxing. I always look for ways to improve and I got a copy of Lori Nestore's speed waxing DVD. It does help to refresh since college and very easy to get into a habit of faffing about too much:hug:

Thanks so much your message has made me feel better! yes I am quite new to this and I am using a spatular so maybe I might look at roller wax. sooo good to hear that your time has redused the more practice you have had! and that you to cant remove Every hair thanks for that xxx

ggggreat idea! heat befor you go thanks Mat! I done a back chest and arms the other day 3 hours lol!

xxx )yes you feel the pain) lol

wicked reply thanks for that x think kim might be the way to go as I defo never covered some of that stuff thanks xxx

thanks zozo will do x

Latest posts

Back