do u mobile girls have a nail table to take...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyd

Reaction score
hello all xx

Do all you mobile techs have your own nail table that you take with you ?

Im getting a bit fed up of sitting in odd postions for hours and been stiff the next day. Thing is I feel I already look like im going to move in with the amout of stuff I take.

thanks x

I have a little t.v table.. i have all my stuff in a carry box and just use the table for hands.. (does that make sence:irked:) but i only do a few peoples anyway.. i don,t do it full time

Hi hun when i was mobile i had a table its important that you are comportable whilst doing the treatment otherwise it might affect your work i know its another thing to carry but it did make things easier in some respect?

I got my mobile table from Sallys it was about £35 (on offer). I agree it is one more thing to carry but it is the right height for me and you don't have to worry about the surface if you were to spill anything.:)

thanks for your replys x

Did u have a proper nail table and if so which one ?

Yes mine was a portable nail station i think from sally's but try ebay or sometimes when i go to creative they have a little notice board with people selling them, salon services,or any wholesalers should be able to get you one in hun x

Hi, I use a fold up table. You can get from household/discount stores. I know how frustrated you are I found it really hard to find something.

Ther is one on ebay REM portable nail table Xx

Hi, I think a good nail table is essential, not only for your back but incase you spill anything (which I do!!!!) as you don't want to ruin clients table!!
I got my nail table from Therapy 2000 as its a professional mobile nail table so is the perfect height.
I know the table question has been covered a few times so have a go at the search for ideas of more places to get tables.
I know what you mean about too much but thats what mobile work is, I try to keep minimal but if going from one client to another its impossible!!

http://www.salonsdirect.com/PL5_beauty_002BEAUTY_65FURNITUR_FURNNAILST_FURNAILPOR_FURNAILPMT_Top[sp]to[sp]Toe[sp]Beauty_Furniture_Nail[sp]Stations_Portable[sp]Manicure[sp]Tables_Portable[sp]Manicure[sp]Table.aspx

The one above (providing the link works!) is the nail station that i have.

Its a really good shape to as you can see from pic...

Salons Direct Link not working but this is the same one on ebay,

eBay.co.uk: SALON,MANICURE,NAIL STATION/BEAUTY TABLE - FOLDABLE (item 130072949818 end time 30-Jan-07 11:15:00 GMT)

i have read on here that some people have used ironing boards, not done this myself so don't know how effective that this is. it may be ok on a temp basis. i got one from home base it is a small one but it is perfect for what i want.
hope you find one that suits your needs.

i haven't started doing much mobile work yet but when I did nails at my stepmums house she had a brilliant portable camping table. u can adjust the height and is made of white plastic so really light when u fold it up to carry - also a big working area so u can set up equipment.

she was going to try and get me one for xmas but was wrong time of yr to have them in shops!! def worth trying millets or somewhere though xx

I used to work mobile and had a little fold down table that was a nail tech one. It was real useful and you can even get some that have little carry bags to make it easier to carry. definately worth investing in one! save your aching back and they're not very expensive.

Ok heres my two penneth worth and coming from excruciating experience!
My back did decide to pack up after too long in a poor position.
Manicure tables etc are great if your clien has chairs! What if they don't you still end up in a n awkward position! Your alternative is to carry a portable chair with you too as we mobile techs don't have enough to carry lol!
I eventually found my dream table with seats attatched! It is a portable picnic table from argos and it is fantastic! folds down in to a suitcase shape. Keeps me posture perfect!
They range from £15-£20 and i have replaced mine twice in 3 years. Shop for Folding Table and Bench Set with Case. at Argos.co.uk
i can't find the exact one this one is a bit more upmarket may be worth a look....check weight though!!!!

Shop for Folding Table and Stool Set. at Argos.co.uk this isi my baby!

hi i have just got a portable table from ebay it cost £65 it has a stool attatched to it with 3 drawers underneath , i havent used it to go anywhere yet but ive used it at home and its great the seat id really comfy:)

i haven't started doing much mobile work yet but when I did nails at my stepmums house she had a brilliant portable camping table. u can adjust the height and is made of white plastic so really light when u fold it up to carry - also a big working area so u can set up equipment.

she was going to try and get me one for xmas but was wrong time of yr to have them in shops!! def worth trying millets or somewhere though xx
These sort of tables are ligtweight but are usually too wide which means that you have to stretch across to reach your client,leading to no end of back problems.

Personally I dont like the ironing board idea either,I think it screams unprofessional.Sorry,not meaning to cause insult but.....I have a bad back and I still manage to carry my heavy equipment,not that I want to,and I would never,ever resort to using someones ironing board.

I brought my nail desk/table from Sally's.Think it was £65.00 approx.It is heavy and I hate carrying it as I do my couch but I take my profession seriously and picnic tables,ironing boards etc do not come into the equasion at all.

We want to look as professional dont we???

How can that be if we use somebody's ironing board or open up a Argos camping table???I'm sorry but this to me is like a chef using a My little kitchen from Toys r us.

If somebody turned up at my house and I was paying for a professional treatment,and they asked me to use my ironing board I would say absolutely NO WAY.I dont want my clothes stinking of monomer.

Use camping tables etc but think about your back,it needs to be the correct width,it's not just about having enough room to set all your equipment up on, and above all think about what you are saying about yourself as you set up your picnic table and bbq.

How can that be if we use somebody's ironing board or open up a Argos camping table???I'm sorry but this to me is like a chef using a My little kitchen from Toys r us.

If somebody turned up at my house and I was paying for a professional treatment,and they asked me to use my ironing board I would say absolutely NO WAY.I dont want my clothes stinking of monomer.

Use camping tables etc but think about your back,it needs to be the correct width,it's not just about having enough room to set all your equipment up on, and above all think about what you are saying about yourself as you set up your picnic table and bbq.

LMFAO !! So true though.

I suppose if a therapist turned up at my house wanting to do a leg wax on my bed or a facial on the floor id be horrified :eek:

I have used a clients ironing board before but this is one of my clients that was a friend first and they felt sorry for me carrying the nail station ! but i would never turn up at a new clients house without my pro one.

Its like doing a pedicure with the clients washing up bowl, you just wouldn't do it ! If you haven't got the equipment then no wonder people expect mobile techs/therapists to charge less than salons.

d448_1.JPG

This is the one I use it is fab it folds flat and has a tray .

These sort of tables are ligtweight but are usually too wide which means that you have to stretch across to reach your client,leading to no end of back problems.

Personally I dont like the ironing board idea either,I think it screams unprofessional.Sorry,not meaning to cause insult but.....I have a bad back and I still manage to carry my heavy equipment,not that I want to,and I would never,ever resort to using someones ironing board.

I brought my nail desk/table from Sally's.Think it was £65.00 approx.It is heavy and I hate carrying it as I do my couch but I take my profession seriously and picnic tables,ironing boards etc do not come into the equasion at all.

TOTALLY AGREE HERE!!!

everyone i have ever done nails for has been impressed by my manicure table from Captial - it cost £135 and worth its weight in gold

xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back