Do you believe in Guardian Angels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Well it's kinda obvious from my Geeky name and Avatar pic what my answer to this question is :lol:

I'm a very open minding person, but can still be very sceptical about things I hear... I do like to think, however, that after someone we love dies, they are still around and can watch over us and keep us safe etc.

A few weeks ago, a client of mine, who is a Nurse told me something that happened to her and I just wanted to share

She is a young lady (about 38) and is divorced... she was telling me how her Ex Husband has been asking her to get back together but she has no interest.

She was going out one day a few weeks ago and had her Children in the car and ran back into the house to grab her scarf she had forgotten, when the phone rang.

She saw from the caller ID that it was her EX and had absolutely no intention of answering the phone.

She has a picture of her beloved Brother who died a few years back on the phone table and as she passed by the table, his picture fell off the table... she says she did not brush against it ... it simply fell and as she went to catch it, she accidently hit the phone, making the receiver come off the hook, so she had no choice but to answer it.

It was her Ex in a panic telling her that he thought his 7 year old Nephew was dead or dying and could she come quick (he lives around the corner)

To cut a long story short, the little boy had had a severe asthma attack and she saved his life by giving him mouth to mouth.

That story gave me the shivers for weeks afterwards and I just wondered if anyone else had similar stories...

I've just read Elaine143a, ValencianNails lisag1ll and Geeg's and I think they all have a Gaurdian Angel :):hug:

Yes I do believe, sometimes I recollect things that have happened in the past but at 11pm on a Saturday night I just can't bring any to mind - ready for the wooden stairs lol.
I think belief brings hope :) x

In short do i believe....yes i do....do i have one...yes i know i do.

My faith keeps me strong,i was bought up roman catholic,but that does not have any bearing to who i am,and what my life was destined to be before my life was chosen for me.

So yes i do believe.Angels are all around us guiding us in some way:hug:

I don't like to talk about religion or belief as it no doubt willl offend someone. Some people will see this as an act of god, some will see it as an accident or even fate. As it is, hopefully the little one is ok, that is all that matters x

I've just read Elaine143a, ValencianNails lisag1ll and Geeg's and I think they all have a Gaurdian Angel :):hug:
Yep, most definitely :green:

I'm quite a spiritual person, I have Angel cards and work with them sometimes (doing readings, but haven't for a while now), as well as crystals. I'm a firm believer in angels as well as spirit guides.

Have you read Angels in my Hair by Lorna Byrne? It is an amazing book and one that I love. My mum also bought me her latest book, although I haven't had a chance to read it yet!

I absolutely believe in guardian angels.

Last Monday, I had to move my car further into the driveway so the carpet cleaner could park behind me. Later on that afternoon, I was going to get something to eat. Cr*p...the dang car would NOT start. Had to have it towed. It was the timing chain, a VERY expensive job.

When I went to pick it up, Mike told me it was a good thing it didn't happen while I was driving...it would have blown the engine. Some may think it's a coincedence but I believe in angels! :hug:

Yep, most definitely :green:

I'm quite a spiritual person, I have Angel cards and work with them sometimes (doing readings, but haven't for a while now), as well as crystals. I'm a firm believer in angels as well as spirit guides.

Have you read Angels in my Hair by Lorna Byrne? It is an amazing book and one that I love. My mum also bought me her latest book, although I haven't had a chance to read it yet!

Oooh Sandi you have Angel cards?

I'd love a reading done with Angel cards.

Yes I've read Lorna Byrne's book and thought it was fab. :hug:

I also beleive in guardian angels. I consider myself a "lucky" person. When Dad was dying, we agreed I would see a medium and we decided on a code word so I knew it was him.
After he died, I went to the international centre for psychic studies, and it blew my mind.

There are many things in this universe we don't, and are not meant to, understand.

yes believe.
I believe in an afterlife also and just had a lovely message at spiritualist church on Monday from pa.

Guardian angels are there......it gives me comfort.

I agree with personista there are many things in the universe that we cant understand, becuase they are too complex for the human mind, there for i do believe in a higher power, the greater good, God or what ever you want to call it/what it means to you. Thats were faith comes from. If we had proof of everything, there would be no need to have faith. I would hate to think I knew everything I need to know, and thats it. I do believe in angels and that if you talk to most people, they have a story of something spiritual happening, or believe in something spiritual. I would never judge someone for their beliefs, unless those beliefs were damaging another person. xxx:hug:

I def believe in Angels.
I'v had alot of things happen to me which can not be explained. A few things 'some one' def looking after me.
I have also has strange smells and 'seen' things.
My grandaughter who was 3 1/2 saw an Angel. Her words 'A big green Angel'. Totaly shocked me as i didn't know she knew what an Angel was. Her face changed to calm and peace, her eyes glazed over. She just kept repeating things. Amazing. She didn't stop talking about it, and as far as i know still remembers it. She is 5 in July.

I def believe in Angels.
I'v had alot of things happen to me which can not be explained. A few things 'some one' def looking after me.
I have also has strange smells and 'seen' things.
My grandaughter who was 3 1/2 saw an Angel. Her words 'A big green Angel'. Totaly shocked me as i didn't know she knew what an Angel was. Her face changed to calm and peace, her eyes glazed over. She just kept repeating things. Amazing. She didn't stop talking about it, and as far as i know still remembers it. She is 5 in July.
That is heart warming :D Young children aren't as influenced as older ones, they are 'open' to everything! I've read about children's make-believe friends being angels (I think they are), until they get to the age where a lot of parents explain that make-believe friends don't exist and eventually the children stop believing... sad really.

re the smells... I've had that a few times over the years, the most significant one for me was when my Gran's second husband passed away, his daughter, my Mum and me all smelt strong gas in our homes, we were all 100's of miles away from each other at the time and we all felt him around us.
On the day of his funeral I remember sitting in the chapel at the crem, it was the moment of 'the curtain' and I looked up to the sky-light, the sun came out and shone down through the window... it was him, I know that for a fact :hug:

I have a sneaking sort of sympathy with a lot of mediumistic/psychic stuff and have had a couple of amazing experiences with mediums.

Shortly after a very close friend of mine passed away, I was on my own decorating a room and playing a favourite cd of his. I was sorta 'Talking' to him, as he was very much on my mind at that time. Anyway, the tracks started to jump back and forth. They were literally leaping from one favourite track of his to another and wouldn't stop. The cd wasn't damaged and the next time I put it on, another day, it played perfectly!

I have heard that spirit can often use electricity to communicate in some way and I feel quite strongly that he was letting me know he was still around me. It was a comfort.

I believe there are always people around helping us however big or small.

I have a couple of instances that spring up most in my mind....

My first being 3 years ago my h2b was driving home in the early hours of the morning. Normally I wake up when he is due home but this particular night I couldnt sleep. I called my partner as I was worried he wasnt home and woke him up in a layby in a petrol station. So after coming round he got on his way. My mobile at this time was useless and never had reception in doors so my last call I made out in my little yard. Anway about 45 minutes later my mobile rang when I was in bed watching tv. Panic struck straight away as I knew it could only be my partner. The phone call I got next was very upsetting and even as I write this it still makes me upset. The call was from my h2b saying he'd just been involved in a terrible accident. The long and the short of it is my partner on a non lit stretch of the motorway drove head on into an estate car that was on its roof with no lights on at 70 miles an hour and had no chance to break what so ever. Whilst unfortunately there was a fatality miraculously my h2b survived. The police, ambulance crew, docs and insurance people have all said with an insane amount of luck my man survived as by all accounts he should have died in the crash. So do I believe there are others out there guiding and helping us..... oh yes yes yes yes yes.

On a lighter note so to speak I went with my son (who was no more than 3 at the time), Nan and Mum to the crematorium to lay flowers for my grandad who had passed 4 years previously. At the time my sons speech was quite delayed but as we got to my grandads plack my son said very clearly 'hello grandad'. He couldnt even say the word grandad at the time and yet he'd said it clear as crystal. It was one of the nicest things to have happened especially for my mum who really doesnt like going to the crematorium but does so for my nan. She still remembers that day very fondly and even more so as my son never got to meet my grandad. Incidently my little boy is the image of him. xxxxxx

That is heart warming :D Young children aren't as influenced as older ones, they are 'open' to everything! I've read about children's make-believe friends being angels (I think they are), until they get to the age where a lot of parents explain that make-believe friends don't exist and eventually the children stop believing... sad really.

re the smells... I've had that a few times over the years, the most significant one for me was when my Gran's second husband passed away, his daughter, my Mum and me all smelt strong gas in our homes, we were all 100's of miles away from each other at the time and we all felt him around us.
On the day of his funeral I remember sitting in the chapel at the crem, it was the moment of 'the curtain' and I looked up to the sky-light, the sun came out and shone down through the window... it was him, I know that for a fact :hug:

That's amazing. I think sometimes you just know who it is. It's like they are there saying 'its me'
I'v had so much happen to me over the years, i could write a few books, lol.
Now the only thing is i keep smelling gas in the kitchen though i only have gas central heating. Oven is electric. I smell lavender in lounge, and often a perfume which i cant explain.
I'v had some really bazaar things over the years. Some of which has really frightened me. I'v had the house blessed 3 times and had a 'thing' done on myself by a vicar. Since then apart from a couple things, all has been fine and calm. Hopefully it stays like it.
My grandaughter is Mollie. I took her to a church nativity play xmas 09, we were going into 2010. So just over a year ago. The play had finished, i was getting her dressed ready for the cold and snow. She kept saying. 'm' for mollie, i'm mollie. etc. Then she said about the Angel. How the Angel knew her name was Mollie and she was Mollie etc. I didn't ask her questions, i just kept looking at her due to how she was. On the way home she didn't stop talking about it and told my daughter (her mum) and my other daughters. Who all though we were mad!:irked: My daughter had left her partner at the time and moved in with me with Mollie. Though Mollie was happy she missed her dog and daddy. I wondered if the Angel came down to comfort her. I also wished i asked Mollie questions at the time, where the Angel was. As she was looking up but not high up in the air. I would of liked to know if the Angel was directly in front of us or a little further back.

My dad doesn't believe in anything and is not religious whatsoever but he has told me on a few occasions about a time when he was at school ( he'll be 60 this year) and him, his brother, his dad and a few others were messing about with a ouiji board (sp?) Told my Granada he had 2 brothers, one in Australia who he knew of, and another between 2 places in UK, he didn't even know he had a 2nd brother but turns out he had died and was buried there! Also told my dad who was prob a teen at time a out his spirit guide who was French and had been killed by hanging or something? Will have to ask again lol, and lived in a place in France in a certain town that no one had heard of and not on map they had? When my dad went to school he went to look at huge map In French class and he found the tiny town! He.has had so many spooky things happen to him over years I dont know how he doesn't believe??

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back