Do you sit on the floor to do gel toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zringa

Reaction score
Hi I cannot find a way to be comfortabe to do toes. I am home based part time and don't have many clients yet but last summer i had few toes and i m hoping i ll have more this summer. the last thing i tried was the client put her foot on a stool and I sat on a step but its not comfortabe at all. What do you use please? I want to be ready!!:lol:

I sit on the floor ive found it the most comfortable way for me the client puts their feet on a small foot stool:)

I sit on the floor ive found it the most comfortable way for me the client puts their feet on a small foot stool:)

What foot stool do you use and where did you get it from? :hug:

I use one of the folding ones ! i got mine in morrisons :)

i prefer my client to be on my couch with knees bent. i have the lamp on the end of the couch and put the foot on that as i apply the product and then into the lamp to cure. i sit on a chair at the end of the couch.

another way i like is to have the client on a high bar stool and myself on a low stool or chair with the lamp on my lap.

I wish i had a couch that sounds like a fab idea. I have been wondering the same thing i find it so hard to have all my products to hand and where to put the lamp as the gel moves on the way to the lamp arrgh

I would like to try doing pedis on my couch with the client lying down...

How many of you do that? Do you find it easier doing it that way?

I use a large comfy chair & stool for the client at the moment but even with my chair on the lowest setting my back hurts..

We do the same for any feet treatments. If soaking for a pedicure, I sit them in our little room at the side of the bed soaking, they then get up on the waxing bed for the rest of the treatment. I then sit on my stool at the end of the bed. Another tech advised me to do this a few years ago after suffering from a bad back and i've done it thisway evey since. I have a little cabinet/trolley that sits at the side with all my bits to hand on it. (you could put your lamp on something similar) I'm pregnant now and can't imagine getting on to the floor to do a pedi!

I do all my pedis, gel toes on the bed. its so much easier and every thing is to hand. It gives that little bit of extra comfort to the client with relaxing music so they can lie back and chill for a while.

all the clients comment how relaxing it is.

I too use my therapy bed for gel toe overlays (exactly like angelfingers) , but sit the client on a chair with me on a stool (foot on my lap) for pedi`s I would like to use my bed but is it acceptable to ask a client to pop onto the bed after the initail soak? and then do exfoliation & mask etc it is definately more comfortable for me and must be more relaxing for clients. I just find it so painful to be on the floor or sat at the same level as a client.

Hi I cannot find a way to be comfortabe to do toes. I am home based part time and don't have many clients yet but last summer i had few toes and i m hoping i ll have more this summer. the last thing i tried was the client put her foot on a stool and I sat on a step but its not comfortabe at all. What do you use please? I want to be ready!!:lol:

What I would say is, invest in a pedi stool, it it worth it's weight in gold and the strain on your back. I got one and haven't looked back, bit of a nightmare to get in your car if needs be, but at the end of the day it shows that you are serious about doing feet and of course that adds to the overall impression of your business.

Just to add there is nothing wrong with using a stool, but been there tried that and it didn't work for me.

hth:)

I invested in a skinmate pedi stool/leg rest as I was having serious back problems, and as Fi says it does look more professional and it saves my back!

xx

I too use my therapy bed for gel toe overlays (exactly like angelfingers) , but sit the client on a chair with me on a stool (foot on my lap) for pedi`s I would like to use my bed but is it acceptable to ask a client to pop onto the bed after the initail soak? and then do exfoliation & mask etc it is definately more comfortable for me and must be more relaxing for clients. I just find it so painful to be on the floor or sat at the same level as a client.

i do dry pedicures.
all the wet stuff is replaced by cleansing with hot damp cloths.
i think its perfectly acceptable to soak and then go on to a couch though if you want to.

I sit on the floor with a pillow ive found it the most comfortable way for me.

I am mobile and I picked up a fold away fishing stool in Lidl just a couple of weeks ago for just £1.99, I lay a towel over and its a comfy leg rest while I scrub/massage and then I just get the client to bend their knee and put foot flat on stool to paint....I sit on the floor but it means I dont have to then bend as they are on my level.

I have always been so worried about doing it all proper and having each proper stool and stuff so have been pushing off opening my place but now I see there are alternatives until I get better set up :)

Latest posts

Back