Do you use safety glasses?honestly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear Safety Eye Wear?

• Yes - My vision is important to me.

Votes: 61 25.0%
  • No - I want to eventually look like a pirate.

Votes: 183 75.0%

• Total voters
I love pirates - especially Capin Jack Sparrow of the black pearl :green: Seriously I am bothered about my sight but don't always wear my protective wear as much as I should - hence why I look like this - :eek:

i were it as much as possible

I'm guilty of not wearing safety glasses either, even though I have them. I put them on and looked in the mirror (huge mistake) they came off again rather quickly. I never thought I was sooooooooooo vain.

Now, having read your post, I shall put vanity aside and wear them.

Hope your eye starts to feel better real soon.

-Ness :)

always wear em now after a client with tourettes jumped with her hands in acetone during a soak off - and it splashed in my eye. xx

As from the start of the next academic year, safety glasses will be a part of the kit at the college I attended, and yes everyone will have to wear them. I wear normal glasses which do give some protection, once I start working properly I will be wearing them. You cannot replace your eyesight.

Joan

I don't wear the safety glasses, but I do always have my normal glasses on when working, and yes, they've stopped a bit of flying enhancement when cutting them down.:eek:

I don't wear safety goggles either but I do wear normal glasses for close up work because I am blind as bat!!!! But although they are not safety goggles, they still provide me with some protection. I have never (touch wood) Had any accidents with chemicals but a few times while doing pedicures a clients toe nail has pinged off while in the middle of cutting and it's ricocheted off my glasses!:lol:

i also have two pairs one for client and one for myself but i never wear them and my clients always decline when offered but i did wear them when i did my creative training so i do know better but in all honesty they affect my vision i can see better without them so i only have myself to blame when it all goes horribly wrong:hug:

I voted no, because recently i posted a thread saying that i also got glue in my eyes and it was major panic stations. I would hate for that to happen again.:cry:

Fortunately there was no long term damage and all is well now. Again, Geeg is spot on about eyewear.

Teri x:)

never even thought of wearing glasses....and I do have a pair.

I never hear anything about wearing safety glasses over here.
I even was a dental assistant about 12 years ago and even then I didn't wear glasses...not even after....yes after some chemical splashed in my eye.

I think it's a bit stupid of me that I didn't even think of it before. I had that chemical in my eye and due to quick reaction of myself it did no permanent damage. And the past 2 weeks I have had the worst bacterial eye infection my doctor has ever seen and even that didn't make me think.

Thanks a lot for the reminder...I'm going to look up my glasses...Í just bought new ones not even a year ago and they are so cute (should actually wear them all the time :lol: )

In the beginning I never wore safety glasses.. Then i had a frightful experiance with a pair of nippers and a flying particle!!! My eye went blurry and ached for days.. then i did it AGAIN!!! I have never been one to learn from my mistakes.. rather learn from doing it twice.. Since then i always have them on the top of my head and pull them down when doing gluing/filing/etc.. and up when i want to concentrate!! Mine a pretty groovy so it helps.. dont feel like such a knob!!
:green:

I dont use safety glasses but, I voted yes because, I wear normal glasses :cool: and I think important we're careful with ours eyes... I work nails every day and it's essential that I see perfectly :green:

Ah OK maybe should have read this before posting my NVQ thread, It makes sense for the tech to wear goggles, but still not convinced bout giving them to a client, I cant say I have ever even come close to anything goin anywhere near a clients face,

I dont know ? you get goggles when you are visiting the dentist, but the work is taking place in close proximity, to the eyes,.

My staff and I always wear safety glass as we use drills. Its just not worth NOT using them. Buy some girls!!!:)

Latest posts

Back