Do you use safety glasses?honestly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear Safety Eye Wear?

• Yes - My vision is important to me.

Votes: 61 25.0%
  • No - I want to eventually look like a pirate.

Votes: 183 75.0%

• Total voters
I have to wear glasses to see, but had the lenses made to safety glass standards. ( I got backscratchers resin in my eye, you learn really quick how painful and preventable it is) Since I work in a school, I require that my students wear eye protection. (yes, occasionally they try and get away with out it) Several of my graduates use their eye ware for nail art advertizing. They have done up small tips and hot glued the designs around the frames. One did glasses for each season and holiday they have become a hit with her clients, who also agree to wear them, so they get to pick their design. It's an easy way to give yourself a little extra!!

no i don't wear "SAFETY GLASSES" but i think i just might knowing now how easy it is to damage your eyes with resin, when i was training i did stick my fingers to a tip..:o

wondering if Deirdre Barlow kept any spare's i could keep my whole face safe...

no i don't wear "SAFETY GLASSES" but i think i just might knowing now how easy it is to damage your eyes with resin, when i was training i did stick my fingers to a tip..:o

wondering if Deirdre Barlow kept any spare's i could keep my whole face safe...

i wear glasses to do nails,otherwise i wouldnt beable to see the hand let alone the nails. so im one of those that dont wear safety glasses, but at least ive got some protection

:o :o Im ashamed to say NO I don't wear glasses, to tell you the truth it has never occured to me until reading the thread about the glue accident. I am definately thinking twice about it now.

im sorry to hear about the glue accident, hmmm glasses just thinking i wear a pink mask to stop me coughing with all the dust, sometimes when my nails are looking really nice i wear gloves to protect them and do u think i might look abit OTT with glasses too? im worried my clients are going to think im a freak! lol i know it makes sense...but they already think im abit wierd lol have to admit though the tips do fly about abit when i got home last friday i found one in my bra!
and the gelbond just keeps coming out of the tube? why is that?

Katmoz33 said:
im sorry to hear about the glue accident, hmmm glasses just thinking i wear a pink mask to stop me coughing with all the dust, sometimes when my nails are looking really nice i wear gloves to protect them and do u think i might look abit OTT with glasses too? im worried my clients are going to think im a freak! lol i know it makes sense...but they already think im abit wierd lol have to admit though the tips do fly about abit when i got home last friday i found one in my bra!
and the gelbond just keeps coming out of the tube? why is that?

1. If you are making so much dust that it is making you cough, then you are NOT sculpting with your brush. No one should make that much dust.

2ndly an extraction system is recommended by every manufacturer so why is there so much dust in your breathing area?

3rdly worrying about how you look to your clients is not preferable to having to go to the ER with your eye lid glued together.

4. Squeeze out GelBond from the middle of the tube NOT the bottom and do it very gently. When you see it coming into the tube, stop squeezing. It is not toothpaste. You are using too much pressure.

OMG - How scary - hope your eye is all healed now Louise :hug: .
I had an incident last year with plaster dust which resulted in me wearing a pirate patch for a few days and being on Antibiotics. Its not until something like that happens that you realise how gifted we are to have sight.
I never wore any safety glasses at all when I did L&P - TBH the thought didnt enter my head. I now wear glasses for reading/ computer work so will be wearing them when I start doing Brisa Gel, think I will check out the CND version too.

I have a pair for me and a pair for clients. I put them on before I transfer liquid to dappen dish and leave them on until I'm ready to buff the nails. I've forgotten to put them on a few times, but would say that yes - 98% of the time both myself and client wear them.

I do now, but I didn't for a long while and then suddenly woke up to the danger.

I managed to get myself a really good pair though and have customised them with rhinestones in the corner. It makes them a little easier to wear..somebody should design some good looking ones for the beauty industry!!! I think we would all be more inclined to wear them if they had a label or atleast didn't make us look like we were about to go for a chemistry lesson!!

Cool idea Caz, I have some safety glasses now and you have inspired me to get creative on them, now where are my rhinestones....
KxXx

nemotail said:
Cool idea Caz, I have some safety glasses now and you have inspired me to get creative on them, now where are my rhinestones....
KxXx
lol....BTW I must confess I did two back to front C's on each corner....if you know what I mean!!! They look almost genuine Channels...ooops copyright!! ....lol

I did consider the very same design LOL! :lol: I think you should tell yourclients the the 2 c's should stand for Caz and Creative
KxXx

NailStyle said:
I dont wear them either...but i am gonna get some quick.....only today i splashed scrubfresh in my eyes....it really stung and resulted in my having tears streaming down my face while with a client...how unprofessional is that. I am gonna get some cheep small clear glasses...i dont like the big proper ones...i have only seen 1 person wear those and look cool and that was GMG....and yes he had them on everytime he did a demo at excel.

I think as long as you have something to protect your eyes it doesnt have to be the big plastic protective goggles.

Glad you are feeling a wee bit better. xxxxxxxxxxx

OK...nope dont wear em. dont wanna look like a pirate, however I cant stand those goggle thingies. I had to wear them at a past job and got tired of them. Maybe a clear pair of normal glasses for more style? hmmmm....a thought...do they make mouth glasses? the only thing i ever seem to do is bite the glued end of the tip of my resin bottle (i know not very sanitary) and end up with a mouth full of glue. HAHAHAHA

i have never and will never were those glasses they just to me look silly i know they protect your eyes but being a young girl they just arent fashionable enough i know thats a shocking thing to say but it is true i have in the past clipped acrylic and its pinged into my eye but even at that id rather the discomfort come on the designer of glasses fashion is a big factor!!!

plonker said:
i have never and will never were those glasses they just to me look silly i know they protect your eyes but being a young girl they just arent fashionable enough i know thats a shocking thing to say but it is true i have in the past clipped acrylic and its pinged into my eye but even at that id rather the discomfort come on the designer of glasses fashion is a big factor!!!

sorry but i think you'd look a bit of a "plonker" if you got some adhesive in your eyes and end up down the hospital.

Glasses were never even mentioned when I've trained...so I've never worn them. But perhaps it would be a really good idea.
The Designer Nails 'I-Wear' ones look pretty cool though, not too pricey either!

I never used to wear glass's before ....one of my co- workers who wears regular glass's was cutting some nails and it came up and over the top of them ( she wears them granny style ) anyways plunked her right in the eye! made a 1/4 cm cut in her eye just missed her cornea....from then on I've worn saflty glass's .....but will say I've worn the chemist type.....the ones I like and wear I got from our local " HARLEY " motorcycle shop.....there clear goggles....and are comfy and loof fab not dorkey ! So yes my peeper are protected and have saved me many a day.!

Glad your eye is getting better to sweetie :)

I dont wear them but i bought some last week, and am going to start wearing them as the dust gets in my eyes and they feel very irritated. :mad:

I would have to say no on this one, purely because i wear glasses, if they were comfy over the top i might consider it:lol:

Latest posts

Back