Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear gloves when waxing ?

• Yes

Votes: 78 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.3%
  • Sometimes, depending on area waxing

Votes: 60 30.3%

• Total voters

bombini

Reaction score
Thought id ask as one of my friends ( recently qualified therapist ) was shocked, yes shocked that i wore gloves for all waxing treatments. Apparently at college & the salon she works at they are not worn.

This is what i was taught at college & courses i have gone on since for various wax systems.

So can someone tell me am i behind with the times or is this just a one off ?

I am so used to waxing with gloves i don't think id like it not wearing them !

I would say if you are happy wearing gloves then you carry on.

I personally was trained to wear gloves when waxing if it was an area that blood spotting may occur.So I did all the time I was at college.

I dont wear them at all now though.I consider myself to be experienced enough now to avoid touching blood spots now,should they occur.

I'm not knocking people for wearing gloves at all.It's each to their own.

I personally wish I could get along with gloves and waxing.The only time I wear them is when I do a Hollywood,for obvious reasons.:eek:

Hi there

I used gloves @ college also.There we used pot hot/strip waxes. In my business now I use the Clean & Easy roll on system & thermal sheilds, so I use only the one glove on my left hand [the hand I place on the client].

Check your local councils skin penetration guidelines for home & salon & that should explain all from A - Z.

HtH

XX J XX

I don't wear gloves either, for any waxing.... unless... I have an open sore on my hand. I do wash my hands before and after each client, in front of the client.

I wear gloves for bikini line only. I hate wearing them and find I get in a right old mess with the wax sticking to the gloves, lol! I would always wear for bikini though.

i have just started my svq level 2 beauty and in waxing we are told to wear gloves for any area where blood spotting may occurr. so i use them for underarm and bikini.:)

I only tend to wear gloves when working around the bikini line/brazillian and hollywood.

I always wear them to do around guys genital areas. Plus I always wear them to do around the crack (bum) on both sexes.

I wear gloves for all waxing, from eyebrows to toes and everything inbetween - what's good for the bikini line is just as good for the eyebrows, in my opinion!

My personal feeling is that it sends a clear message to my clients about how seriously I take cleanliness, in the same way that Huberella's handwashing in front of her clients does. I also find it easier to just slip on a clean glove should I get sticky, rather than faff around with removing wax from my hands.

Thought id ask as one of my friends ( recently qualified therapist ) was shocked, yes shocked that i wore gloves for all waxing treatments. Apparently at college & the salon she works at they are not worn.

This is what i was taught at college & courses i have gone on since for various wax systems.

So can someone tell me am i behind with the times or is this just a one off ?

I am so used to waxing with gloves i don't think id like it not wearing them !

i hve just qualified in waxing and i am stuggling wearing gloves its after i have pulled the wax strip then i place my hand on the area i seam to get well stuck together with my client, Has any geeks out there got any tips for this as i want to beable to get on with gloves and wear them all the time
thanks
tricky

i hve just qualified in waxing and i am stuggling wearing gloves its after i have pulled the wax strip then i place my hand on the area i seam to get well stuck together with my client, Has any geeks out there got any tips for this as i want to beable to get on with gloves and wear them all the time
thanks
tricky

If you feel happy wearing them all the time then I would suggest either usining an after wax rubbed over them or talc to help prevent the sticking to the client.

This is one of the main reasons why I dont like waxing with gloves on.Plus the amount of clients we wax every day,sometimes every other client can be a wax and that's on a 10 and a half hour day,so in all honesty I would find it a pain to keep putting them on then taking them off.

As I said earlier the only time I wear gloves, when waxing is when I'm doing a Hollywood,this is because I feel it's better for the barrier between myself and the client.I wouldn't want a doctor examining me down below without gloves.It would make me feel uncomfortable and that is how I look at this when I do full waxing down below.Not to mention the health and hygiene side of things when you have your hand round their bottom and lips(sorry geeks).It's a very sensitive issue for a lot of ladies and I personally know they appreciate me wearing gloves when doing this type of waxing and I would never do a Hollywood without gloves.:)

Thanks for all they replys, think i will stick to the gloves for now but its good to know if i run out then im not going to get sued for not wearing them !! :green:

Tricky when i first started waxing i hated gloves found them really difficult to use but it gets easier i promise !

thanks
tricky

What type of glove do you use? I find latex a nightmare when waxing - vinyl or nitrile gloves tend to stick much less than latex, and they are also easier to use when rubbing down the strips. :)

I did a refresher course in waxing last Thursday. When I trained (years ago!!!), we were not trained to wear gloves.

During my course on Thursday, we had to wear gloves for all types of waxing. I must be honest, I found it to be a real pain. Not sure if I'll keep it up.

My opinion is, do what you're most comfortable with, and whats best for your client. :green:

I was taught at college to always where gloves and I only finished the course in july this year. As I had wear them to at college this is what I'm used to and from a health and safety it seems like a good idea.

What type of glove do you use? I find latex a nightmare when waxing - vinyl or nitrile gloves tend to stick much less than latex, and they are also easier to use when rubbing down the strips. :)

Good point, i use vinyl to & they are much nicer to wear than latex.

Im now wondering why some colleges teach waxing with gloves & some without, anyone know ? :)

I was wondering the same thing Juliette. I thought all colleges taught to wear gloves now. I'd been interested to hear why. I thought it was a more up to date method, but a friend of mine did her training course a few months ago, and she didn't have to wear gloves.

I might give the vinyl gloves a try. I do hate having wax all over my hands!:lol:

I will have a look through some of my college text books to find some info , they are a few years old now so might be out of date !

You will like the vinyl gloves much better than latex, same price to i think :)

I used to wear gloves, when training at college, for hygeine and also to try and keep the wax off your hands! (the mess I used to get into! It used to go on my shoes and everything) Hehe. Anyway, I don't tend to wear gloves now only for a new clients bikini line, when she gets used to me waxing her the gloves come off as it is much easier to work without!

I wear gloves while waxing (yes, i do wash my hands before and after clients) for hygienic reasons and i will not get wax on my hands. And it looks better, more professional.

Nitrile...while a luxury,I agree.. are...by god sooooo much better than latex or vinyl!!!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back