Does anybody have any strange habits when they're performing treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I am doing Brazilian and Hollywood waxing and have removed a large strip of wax I hold up the wax to the light and inspect the roots whilst pressing down gently on the client's skin.

I've jus done A waxing course and I thought it was just because I'm new at it that I thought I did this. Lol.

I have a habit which I have had since college of saying sorry after I remove wax. My tutor would always ask me why I was apologising when the client had booked in for that treatment, but it is just something I do in every day life even if it's not my fault, which my boyfriend tells me is cute. Also when I am concentrating I stick my tongue out too.

Kirsty

When I'm doing effleurage I get my hips involved too, so I do a kind of belly dance! I probably look quite bizarre but luckily the client is face down at that point!

You're all certifiable loonies, I'm going to have to send the men in white coats round to each and every one!! :Scared: :biggrin:

I noticed about 2 years ago that when I'm polishing or putting acrylic on nails I lean my little finger onto my left hand and physically cannot paint nails without doing this!(so I hold their finger with my left hand then lean my little finger just to the side of their nail on my hand)! Very strange!! Don't know how I've picked that up!! I'd love to hear if anybody else has noticed if they do anything similar xx

I read your post yesterday and guess what? When I was doing acrylic nails I looked at my wee finger and realised I do the same also lol xx

When I'm doing effleurage I get my hips involved too, so I do a kind of belly dance! I probably look quite bizarre but luckily the client is face down at that point!

Haha oh wow! Sparkle I've got the funniest image in my head, thank you for the giggle xx

I read your post yesterday and guess what? When I was doing acrylic nails I looked at my wee finger and realised I do the same also lol xx

Hahaha!! It's so funny we alldo the same xxx

I keep catching myself saying 'perfect' after clients stretch skin for threading/position their foot for pedi etc. I have work from client's right pinkie to their left when doing a mani and I have to thread right brow before left. I'm sure there must be more! Lol

Hehe i do this too! For some reason i start with the pinky on the clients right hand to the thumb. Then on the client's left hand i start with the index finger to the pinky and end with the thumb?? Strange but i automatically do it without thinking.

But with the feet i start with the clients right foot and do the left foot last. Makes no sense :D xxx

I hum when I am applying wax.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Haha I love this thread! It has made me realise that I do each and every one of these 'habbits' haha!
As I am sat here on the sofa with my right leg curled up under my bum (starting to get pins and needles and struggling to straighten my leg) and twisting my hair around my finger!!! (My biggest habit EVER! Not necessarily during treatments though!) Lol! But I work in an office and I sit twisting my hair (even during meetings) and sweeping it across my mouth cos I love how soft it feels, when I've done this 4 times I then sticks my lips out like a fish kiss and sit my hair above my top lip and i hold it there for ages as im typing away on my computer and I don't even realise I've done it until someone walks past and says "hi tash it's time for a wax again!" haha!
Crazy! X

I twirl my hair with my finger, i have done for years and i can't stop it and i have tried, even to the point of sitting on my hands, because i worried that everyone would think i fancied them, you know how they say thats how women flirt ( oh yeah, but not the habitual twirlers)
and it drives my mum mad, even at this age she says "stop doing that with your hair"
I had my hair cut to shoulder length once, i thought that would stop me, but it made me feel so sad that there was nothing there to twirl :( had to grow it long again

I noticed about 2 years ago that when I'm polishing or putting acrylic on nails I lean my little finger onto my left hand and physically cannot paint nails without doing this!(so I hold their finger with my left hand then lean my little finger just to the side of their nail on my hand)! Very strange!! Don't know how I've picked that up!! I'd love to hear if anybody else has noticed if they do anything similar xx

Hi
I lash with both hands, wasn't trained that way but have done it for the last 2 years (left eye left hand and right eye right etc) and I can't imagine doing it with one now. Means I look a bit crazy with lash strips stuck on top of both of my hands though. Realise I say 'there we go' rather a lot too when finishing treatments!

Great thread.

Xxx

I twirl my hair with my finger, i have done for years and i can't stop it and i have tried, even to the point of sitting on my hands, because i worried that everyone would think i fancied them, you know how they say thats how women flirt ( oh yeah, but not the habitual twirlers)
and it drives my mum mad, even at this age she says "stop doing that with your hair"
I had my hair cut to shoulder length once, i thought that would stop me, but it made me feel so sad that there was nothing there to twirl :( had to grow it long again

I'm the same! Had my hair cut off in to a short concave bob about 2 years ago! I was devastated that I couldn't brush my hair across my lips! Lol! I could still twist it slightly, but have grown it again now so I'm addicted (doing it again right now! Lol)

for new nail clients, I get fed up with hearing myself say "put that hand in for me"

when i finish a massage i flick my fingers as if im flicking all the negative energy away lol and i count to myself during a massage so each area gets the same amount of movements and is even weird i know :confused:

for new nail clients, I get fed up with hearing myself say "put that hand in for me"

Same and because I only have one lamp just now I swap the sides it's on rather than having them cross their hands so I keep saying "swap" haha!

When I sit my clients up after a facial, and I'm assessing the results in that position, I always say " May I touch your face?"........I've only been in non-stop contact for an hour! It just seems different when they're facing you.

When I've finished a treatment or I like what I'm doing on the client I say fantastic all the time but enfesise on the s fantassstic lol I must say it about 7 times for 1 client.

I also say professional a hell of a lot I will say that is so professional after I've done a paint or enhancements lol they mist think I'm crazy.

I dribble alot and have to slurp so it dosnt come out atleast 5 times per client.

I say hmmmm alot when doing treatments I can't give a reason for that lol.

If I was a client I would be out of there like a penis in speedos I would think I was crazy lmao.xxxx

Same and because I only have one lamp just now I swap the sides it's on rather than having them cross their hands so I keep saying "swap" haha!

Same! I do my own head in saying "swap" all the time!!
To the point where I'm seriously considering buying another lamp.. but can't quite justify £120 just to stop hearing myself say it?!!

Latest posts

Back