Doesnt is all seem quite expensive??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
Just been looking at the gelish range, lots to choose from but at almost £** a bottle i think thats quite expensive, is this right or am i looking on the wrong with? I just find with shellac its alot cheaper, not getting that at all?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv got the dilema of whether to go for Shellac or Gelish. One good thing about Gelish is there is more of a color choice and there doesnt seem to be any problems with stock!
Im sure I also read somewhere that you get more per bottle of gelish than shellac??

thing about shellac is you have to have the lamp which is like £100, thereas any 36w lamp will work with gelish and yeh the colours are to die for!

im only new to nails, dont think i can justifiy that sorta money yet though!! i keep filling my basket and emptying it again!

How are you going to service clients without product!?

You need to speculate to accumulate!

I don't have any Gelish but I believe the bottles are twice as big as Shellac so it's kind of six or two threes...

How are you going to service clients without product!?

You need to speculate to accumulate!

I don't have any Gelish but I believe the bottles are twice as big as Shellac so it's kind of six or two threes...

Totally agree - although i dont really do "clients" as of yet, only did my training in november past and was to perfect before im let loose! :D

So for now ifs family and friends hence why spending large amounts aint in my favour right now :( Id need to be certain before i buy any :)

Yes Zo Zo is right Gelish bottles are 15 ml & Shellac are 7.5 ml, so double the quantity, so actually a bit cheaper.

I honestly don't think you will regret buying Shellac or Gelish AND I personally think you should be practicing on family and friends and perfecting your polishing technique with quality products. I also think (I'm an opinionated bint) that family and friends should be making a contribution to your product costs!

I agree with Zoe that even practice models should be paying something towards the treatment! Your supplier should be able to give you a product costing, add a few quid onto this.

Mat

Six years ago when I did my mani training I charged models £5.

Now...more importantly... November was ages ago - what's holding you up!!

Just been looking at the gelish range, lots to choose from but at almost £** a bottle i think thats quite expensive, is this right or am i looking on the wrong with? I just find with shellac its alot cheaper, not getting that at all?!

Gelish has twice the amount in their bottles, so actually cheaper than Shellac.

Considering the average cost of a treatment is £25 and the bottles are 15ml and can be used for 20-30 treatments...then Gelish is very good value.
All of this information has been discussed in the gelish lovers social group, why not join and you will be amazed at the amount of helpful information there is. The same goes for the Shellac Lovers Group.
Geeks have been using these great products for some time now so there is lot's of feedback on the pros and cons of both of these Industry changing products.

I got Gelish in my salon 2 weeks ago and I have done 39 applications in two weeks!!! More than half have been client's, everyone has literally gone crazy for it even clients who never had nail services before. The colours are amazing and I think its 40-60 applications per bottle.
x

They initail outlay for Gelish may seem expensive but when you look at the size of the bottles and the fact that you can get over 40 applications a bottle its not expensive at all.

Six years ago when I did my mani training I charged models £5.

Now...more importantly... November was ages ago - what's holding you up!!

haha i no!! im doing my manicure and make up treatment classes at night and i spose im just wanting to offer "more" before taking off proper, also there really isnt much jobs up here at the moment and i have no idea where to start at doing it myself so i spose until i gain more confidence and skills its practice practice practice!!

I only use shellac and am 100% happy with it but have heared good things about gellish, my only question would be, prev posts suggest that gellish is more expensive than shellac??? I can not comment on this but to justify the extra spend apparently there is more in the bottle so better value? but surely only if your clients all want same colour? otherwise you would need to invest in alot more colours as opposed with shellac, I know I would like smaller bottles of white personally. I have all 12 colours with shellac and yes I have needed to replace the top colours initally, but my clients are highly excited about the arrival of the new colours.

I also find that me personally would not want a bigger bottle of shellac as every time the bottle is opened it looses its life a little (so to speak :)) I think to charge £20 for shellac or £23french is a great return, and lets face it you can charge that as its,,'CND's SHELLAC' and anything else is not shellac,, bit like the MINX vs Blinx thread kinda,,,in my opinion peeps:hug::hug: xx

Latest posts

Back