Doing your own brazillian...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybee83

Reaction score
May be a funny question, but does anyone have any ideas on positions for doing your own brazillian wax? Right now, i do my own and am usually in the most awkward positions and am wondering if there are any easy positions. :o

lol cant help you here, i found it hard enough waxing my own eyebrows this morning with hot wax!

I tried on Friday, never again i ended up being stuck togther and could pull the wax off, i was at work in my treatment room and thought at one point i was going to have to call for help couldnt pull in one go and no pull, so eneded up with small pulls and now all bruised, also i have the most bizarree looking beaver going. I got my frined i was at college with a few years ago to come sort me out tonight lol. nope it wont be somthing i try again.

lynda xoxoxo

I tried on Friday, never again i ended up being stuck togther and could pull the wax off, i was at work in my treatment room and thought at one point i was going to have to call for help couldnt pull in one go and no pull, so eneded up with small pulls and now all bruised, also i have the most bizarree looking beaver going. I got my frined i was at college with a few years ago to come sort me out tonight lol. nope it wont be somthing i try again.

lynda xoxoxo

This is exactly what happened to me!

Plus weeks of laughter from my boyfriend at the resulting mis shape I had going on!!!!

Put the hot wax on everything, then put on a pair of stockings, pat down, then rip the stockings off :lol:

I use strip wax because doing it myself is easier to pull.

I sit in front of a mirror on the floor with my legs apart and wax the entire front area, to get around the labia i bend and lift my knees, then - don't laugh, I bend over to get around my bum, one hand has my bum cheek stretched while i apply and pull. - it takes about an hour do do it myself and i take a lot of deep breaths before I pull.

hi there,
this can be very tricky:eek: but i find it easiest to sit on the edge of a beauty couch (if you have one)with one foot on the floor or there abouts, and the other leg up on the bed with your knee bent,that should get most of the bikini area,and as for under neath i then keep my knee bent but put my foot on the bed so i can reach further under:eek: if you know what i mean lol,,
just ajust this a little to suit you and you should get on fine
hope this helps a little

I use a mirror sit on the floor and do very small patches at a time and hold the skin very very taut. I should take a pain killer before hand cos it kills.

I use the australian bodycare tea tree hand & body lotion after as it really cools and keeps the area clean.

I tried doing this once and never again.

I ended up with the deepest of blue and purple bruises you have ever seen !

I just couldn't get the stretch and the pulll at the same time. My partner was falling about laughing at me :eek:

Now I ask my friend to do it, but she still hasn't quite gotten the hang of it :lol:

Marlise

Sorry to make light as I appreciate this is a serious question, but oh to be so flexible LOL - I would need three hands - one to hold my overhang out of the way LOL.

That's easy..............I get the neighbour in. He's a smashing old fella. Thank God he's blind. xx

PMSL!

I have tried this and I will never do it again! It just hurst too much..Iknow when the pull is coming and I seem to do it slower! :eek:

Mind I have to say - it didnt look too hot after I finished. I wont be going for the whole lot next time, its just not worth it.

I use strip wax because doing it myself is easier to pull.

I sit in front of a mirror on the floor with my legs apart and wax the entire front area, to get around the labia i bend and lift my knees, then - don't laugh, I bend over to get around my bum, one hand has my bum cheek stretched while i apply and pull. - it takes about an hour do do it myself and i take a lot of deep breaths before I pull.

I am going to try these tips. Usually i am in my bathroom, one foot up on the counter, but sitting on floor with mirror seems loads easier.
Sometimes it takes me TWO DAYS to complete my wax because i just cant take anymore neck pain from looking down for so long!! lol:lol: Most of the time i will do the underneith parts first, and the next day (as long as i have the time!) i finish with the front, a thick strip which usually hurts more than the underneith bits for some reason.

I have one bad experience with myself. I am a bit of a perfectionist so i was waxing underbits and could not get a couple of hairs, so i rewaxed and rewaxed (i was actually using sugar instead of wax, remember i am not too hairy at all) and finally when i pulled the strip for like, the 4th time i saw blood all over the strip!! i had torn a piece of my labia! :Scared: Now i use strip wax and do not go over more than twice, and i use dusting powder which really seems to help.

I am really glad that i posted this thread because i have received some really great tips and had a few laughs as well :):lol:

I always use hot wax & pre waxing oil. I sit with the soles of my feet together & knees dropped out... to get at the area further down (towards your backside) I pull one knee up to my chest.
I try do it very regularly. weekly if I can, or at least fortnightly, so there isn't much there & it doesn't hurt much.

i saw blood all over the strip!! i had torn a piece of my labia! :Scared: Now i use strip wax and do not go over more than twice, and i use dusting powder which really seems to help.

OMG - I feel your pain :sad:

I cant even pull off a strip on my leg let alone down there! rofl

lol im loving this thread! i have had my own experince with painfull brazilian waxing, i gave up after 3 rips of the strip! it kills!!!!!! :irked: he he i may attempt it againt tho, i could always get my bf to help lol!

Latest posts

Back