Doing your own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
How long does it take to do your own gel overlays from scratch.
prep
1 base gel
2 colour
1 clear
refine and finish.

about 2 hrs!!

Oh God, its soooo boring isnt it, just done mine and took forevvvverrrr, There must be someon3 who has a secret way of doing them, I do 2 nails flash cure then the other 3 then cure, does anyone do all flipping ten at once !???

i use shellac...it takes me half hour, just over!! x

Ah stop it, I'm jealous ! my nails arnt strong enough for shallac, was asking about gel overlays ! x

takes me about two hours to do my own -its a nightmare and I usually end up doing them about midnight when Im tired! but haven't found an easy way yet apart from getting someone else to do them!

Yep takes me about 2 hrs too.

I hate doing my own nails but I refuse to pay someone else for something I can do for myself.

I use OPI Axxium and I do my own overlays in about an hour...... It's the quickest and easiest way to do my nails, doing a full set of L+P takes me longer!

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! It takes me about 2 hours too, although I find I get so bored, end up putting the tv on and getting distracted, so often takes me longer as I find myself sat still for 30 throughout eastenders! Or having a well earned glass of vino! Must not get distracted..........

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If I'm applying l&p enhancments (sculpts on form) from scratch on myself as I did the other day it took me 2 hrs from start to finish that was doing p&w on myself which I haven't had on in years.

However I usually do either nno on myself and then shellac or just shellac my own natural nails with fedora. I love painted or shellaced nails when they are short and neat (sophisticated) however I have lately became very envious of very long well done p&w so decided to do some ob myself as I had a good free edge,,, wow they look good.

But guess what,,, I'm in love with shellac ,, after a day I shellaced them with rosebud and glitter (rockstar ) so not me but I still love them .

I'm a shellac girl through and through lol

OMG I HATE, HATE, HATE doing my own nails!

I don't do acrylics anymore on my own nails as since using Shellac I've been able to grow them to a nice length. But when doing acrylics it would take about 2 hours and one hand would still look crap. x

:green:

Funny how we all just be bothered enhancements on our own nails, since Gelish, Shellac etc come out lol

For me it just saves so much time..:)

Also doing the enhancements it always took me agesbecause doing them on yourself you want them so perfect and notice every little flaw..nightmare ;0)

I shellack my nails & it takes me about an hour, longer if I am adding glitter or cystals. I do one hand completly first, then do the other hand, I think with the shellac it saves time that you can cure 5 nails at a time x

I wear Gelish on my nails and it takes around 40 minutes. I change my Gelish every 2 weeks on a Wednesday morning but last as a quick fix just for the weekend I decided to paint over my Gelish with one of the Katy Perry OPI colours followed by Black Shatter...it looks great!

I do L&P but it still takes 2 hrs! Its because we are using our non dominant hands and we slow right down to ensure a good finish :)

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! It takes me about 2 hours too, although I find I get so bored, end up putting the tv on and getting distracted, so often takes me longer as I find myself sat still for 30 throughout eastenders! Or having a well earned glass of vino! Must not get distracted..........

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

This made me laugh! I always do the same .. So by the time I am working on my right hand (I'm right-handed) the results are extra dodgy, as I'm also a little bit tiddled! ;)

tv + wine = wobbly nails!!

....Not quite as bad as the fake tan disaster I once had after a few glasses of rosè tho!! Lol

I try and remember to do my right hand first (I'm right handed). I'm a bit slower and more careful with it, so if I do have to end up hurrying to finish on time, I'm hurrying with the 'easy' hand.

I shellac my fingers and toes in under an hour or half hour for just fingers! Lilly if u persevere with shellac u will have beautiful strong long nails in no time! X

Latest posts

Back