Done Gel It conversion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I just had to share with you the fact i did my Gel It conversion on Thursday and throroughly enjoyed it.

I have had training with Gel before with pronails, but if you change what gel you use, like i did, you definately need the training to get the most from what you do.

Attached is a pic of the custom blend nail i did, but with an exagerated nail bed elongation for a bit of fun, plus i wanted to try to do a deep smile line. It was such good fun, i loved it. Only one more course away from doing my masters!!

It is a sculpted nail by the way.

Attachments

• elongated fun nail.JPG
    elongated fun nail.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 179
wowza - tell us what you used then. Looks nice & clean & crisp well done.

Amb x

looking fab!!!!!!!
well done
yeah what did you use it looks great!!

I used the Cover It gel on the main part of the nail bed, with a little Pink It for a better colour, then french it on the tip covered with clear it, then finish it.

The secret to getting the crisp smile is to make sure you get the coverage on the white tip done, clean your brush, then swipe the smile and freeze it immediately so it doesn't bleed much, which is what happens with gel.

Glad you like it, would love to do a fullset similar.:)

WOW .. looks great, what have you used?

Wow that looks fab, I'm doing a l&p course with EzFlow very soon and can't wait, well I probably will have too save up some more before I can do gel with them as well

Well done - glad you enjoyed it! That certainly is one of the longest custom blend nails beds I have seen! :lol:

Wow that looks fab, I'm doing a l&p course with EzFlow very soon and can't wait, well I probably will have too save up some more before I can do gel with them as well

I did my L&P conversion with them and have never looked back, i am doing my fiberglass conversion with them on the 20th of this month, so can't wait. I just have to do my Design course then wait a year to do my Masters with them. It does cost, but i think it is worth every penny. Its the best product i have ever used.

I did my L&P conversion with them and have never looked back, i am doing my fiberglass conversion with them on the 20th of this month, so can't wait. I just have to do my Design course then wait a year to do my Masters with them. It does cost, but i think it is worth every penny. Its the best product i have ever used.

I know, I have been using their l&p and have loved the product, my distributor is fantastic and been really helpful and I can't wait to also say EzFlow through and through

its great to hear such good feedback.

I watched anthony and georgie smedly do a demo in manchester and they really inspired me. I bought the new hd trial kit to have a play with but havent managed it yet....im such an l+p scaredy cat:eek:

Amb x

its great to hear such good feedback.

I watched anthony and georgie smedly do a demo in manchester and they really inspired me. I bought the new hd trial kit to have a play with but havent managed it yet....im such an l+p scaredy cat:eek:

Amb x

Wow Amber, lucky you, I'm not sure what to do yet, am thinking about the HD but I think you have to work a bit drier

OMG how fab is that smile line...... so crisp.... well I can't wait to see your Fibreglass Piccies after your conversion.....you go girl xxx

looks beautiful hunnio
well done :)

Jess
xox

I love the custim blend nail honey, even though it is sxaggerated It looks great with the deep smile and free egde:) Bet a whole set would look WOW.

Wendy you are so right about doing the conversions to get the best from a new product. I have seen and heard many nail tech's say a product is rubbish etc and it is due to them not knowing how to work it. Some take for granted that L & P is the same throught out when it isnt.. Some you wipe the brush some you don't. I had a Gel it nail done by Anthony at a show a couple years back and it lasted a long time even at the length it was lol.

So you do all the conversions with Ezflow then the design (I so want to do that one) then onto the masters.....will have to have a chat with Jess about it all.

When you do the full set, lets see lol ;)
x

So you do all the conversions with Ezflow then the design (I so want to do that one) then onto the masters.....will have to have a chat with Jess about it all.

you dont have to do all the conversions before you do your design class hunnio
but its a good idea to have your acrylic nails convo first... with regards to product control

hth

Jess
xox

So glad you loved gel it Wendy :) The nail looks fantastic and I love the crisp deep smile line well done xxxxx

Wow well done ~ thats some nail bed!
Gel it must have really good coverage been thinking about giving it a try, have you found it heat spikes at all?
KxXx

WHAT A LOVELY NAIL ..... WELL DONE YOU!! X X

You can do the full set on me if you like!! The sample nail looks amazing! I use gelit! but still not as confident with it as L&P. Must try to elongat nail bed like this! xx

Fab work Wendy! Thanks for sharing x

Latest posts

Back