Don't read if you just ate beans!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
Ok this is totally off topic and I wasn't sure if it should be a blog or not but I decided to put it hear as its a question , I'm not sure what to do about it and working all the time I don't have the chance to research ect but I do feel I need to do / say something.
I opened a can of beans last night to make dinner , took the lid off huge lump of mold !
The tin is not damaged in any way and the beans still have a couple of years in date and wear bought as part of my home delivery on the 1st of may (had shopping delivered to house while I was at the event lol)
I'm dyslexic and rubbish at complaining so thought id ask hear ;
How do I complain ? And who to ?
mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture28123-photo5.jpg
mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture28124-photo4.jpg

Your title should be "If you ever want to eat again, don't look!!" :eek:
yuk!
Contact Tesco customer services, those photos should bring about some swift action by them!! :green:

Yes Izzi ....I went to bed with out dinner last night...and still havent had any breakfast lol so a good kick start for my diet lol
Do you think tescos is best to start with? Do you mean a head office some where or my local? I asked my friend who said local store will just chuck it in bin and give me a 10 pound cert (I don't want a cert lol or a new tin of beans ) I think it needs to be investigated properly . (insert sick emotion)

I wouldn't go to your local store to complain, I would think batch numbers and suchlike would need to be checked in case there are any more tins like that out there (boke!)what about this....Tesco PLC - Customer complaints

this must be Tesco's new bean and mushroom flavour combo :eek::lol::lol:

I was just thinking, its a shame it didnt look like M.J ,J.C, diana or the verigin mary ....id be rich ,,,, at least my nails look nice lol

I just called that number izzi, the lady said she would send me the value of the beans (thats about the same cost as sending it isnt it ? )
I asked her if it would be investergated she said no.....

I dont want the money , so im going to go up there after work and kick off, (ill take the beans and fluff with me)

:suprised:

yewwww .. want to throw up, thats just too gross !!
if you dont get any joy, id contact your local paper .. makes you wonder whats lurking inside !!

Just ring Tesco.com (number is on your delivery note) i have had a problem before and they have refunded without argument! Dont bother going to your local store as they wont be able to help - just give them a ring and you dont even need to shout - i found them brilliant!!!

i think the way to get it investigated is to tell your local environmental health department, they would be more likely to look in to why its mouldy rather than send you your 50p back.

Same thing happened once when one of my boys opened a can of Campbells tomato soup!! He sent it somewhere and we got crates of soup (enough to last through a siege) in compensation !! We ate that soup for years!! lol

I'd complain to Tesco's Head Office, including the photos in your complaint, and definitely let them know how gross it made you feel to see that mould!!! Hopefully you'll get extra compensation from them on account of the trauma of seeing that in your beans!!!

Oh My...... That is gross!!!! Lovely nails by the way thou :)

Well as this post is a couple of days old, I am not sure if you have dealt with this further since your last post.

I am a stickler for things like this and whilst this sort of thing can and does happen, I don't think that just receiving a refund is actually sufficient. This needs to be adequately investigated and brought to the attention of more than just Tesco head office.

By all means inform them but as Angel Fingers said, inform your local environmental health department as well as your local paper (photos enclosed)... just a quick letter. This brings about public awareness as it may have also happened to someone else in your area, perhaps a vulnerable little old lady, who may have been told 'oh it was a one off '. This will keep Tesco on the hop as well.

Somebody else in the same position, might think it is okay to scoop the mouldy bit off the surface and heat and eat the rest. This could lead to very serious food poisoning.

So be bold and make a polite complaint in writing to head office explaining that you phoned the store and how they handled it. Also send a copy to store manager and inform them that you are notifying Environmental Health. I bet you they will jump throuhgh hoops.

If people don't pursue complaints like this, standards can become slack. This sort of thing can only help with the quality assurance you deserve as a consumer.

Maybe I should become a member of the Baked Bean Police :D?

Latest posts

Back