Door to door sales people, how do you get rid of them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
Just thought i'd ask to see if anyone has a good way of getting rid of them without having to be rude and shutting the door on them....lol.

i do find it very hard to say no or even get a word in...the best i can come up with is telling them it's not my house i'm just watching the kids but then go very red in the face when the kids call for mum and start pulling me :eek:.

so what do you say ?

Lucy x

I always say nicely that I'm not interested, and if they take what I say and leave then thats great :green:

But.... if they go on and on and on, then I get just as rude as them, and simply shut the door! :green: x

My bro always opens the door and says hello you must be sam/sally where's the human sacrifice, I've dug the pit and the knives are sharp and at the same time he's tugging at their sleeves, he's a complete head case, I just say no thank you as I shut the door and refuse to get drawn into what ever they are saying, wish I had the bottle to do it my bro's way:green:

I always say nicely that I'm not interested, and if they take what I say and leave then thats great :green:

But.... if they go on and on and on, then I get just as rude as them, and simply shut the door! :green: x

same with me!!!!!!...start of nice then get rude like them :lol:.

1. Keep a hat by the door so it looks as though you're just going out.

2. Smile sweetly and tell them that you won't get too close as you've just been diagnosed with an incurable disease.

3. Tell them you're all sorted thanks but while there there, ask them if they'd be interested in buying something that you're selling.

Simple - I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting guests....
Some think it rude, but with home invasions and all, I think it safe!

tell em u fancy them and have been waiting for them to come to u as a sign from above. Always works, if it fails, tell em u got milk boilding on stove, they cant stand the thought of milk boiling over, all those brillo pads for cleaning and wrecked knickles.

excuse me i have a drinky poo or two or three, no suprises there then i hear u say.

Amnwer the door naked, that ALWAYS works for me, they run screaming lmfao

crimbocard018.jpg

ENOUGH SAID !!!!!!!
:green:

(and yes that is a 5 week old kitten playing with max's leg...but obviously We wouldn't let the caller see that lol )

Amnwer the door naked, that ALWAYS works for me, they run screaming lmfao

:lol::lol:

I'm with CurlyQ's - luckily I can see from our window who is at the door - and if it's someone I don't know, I don't answer it either! :green:

i have a concierge where i live so luckily door to door people is not really a problem for me

i also have a camera on my intercom so if i don't recognise you i am not answering/letting you in

i think the best way to deal with them is to be polite but firm, if they get rude shut the door!

Ive recently got one of those ...no buying or selling at this door ...it seems to deter some of them. I ve also recently starting saying to people its not my property im just renting it off a friend ,dont know when their be back..it is owned by me really,but this works well on double glazing people,or the wether shield guys,omg ..we had one of these round earlier on in the year to give us a quote,he stopped for about 3 hrs,to give us a quote of about £8000 ,yr right ..do i look that rich,but yer the saying its not your property one works well,coz they usually ask first is it you own it!

And the winner is...............................Emmsybabes boy the beautiful Max. Fantastic:green:

OMG !!! I am SO loving Max. I want him. xxx

You know what....max is my bestest friend....I love him sooo much he really is the sweetest little boy in the world,

Had a client in tonight with a friend..who is also my daughters best friends mum...and she is abserloutly PETRIFIED of him.... by the time they left...she had stroked him....played with him with his pully toy...and fed him little biscuits by hand lol...

He really is a little love x

I like Max he's so lovely!!
I just look blank do a dumb blonde and shut the door lol
My OH is something to behold tho...he looks like a doorman but is rubbish at telling people to go away....he's had various religions at the door for hours...I don't help him I just jump in the shower lol
He can't say NO!!!!!!
One of the reasons I love him...bless:lol::lol::lol:

i use the baby sitter excuse for duster salesmen and the like and tenant excuse for home improvement bods.

I have 2 English Bull Terriers who come running to the door. Soon makes any door step visitors disappear. lol:):)

yes i could do with a Max his so nice i WANT ONE!

Alot of the time i say i'm just a friend it's not my house.....but it's so annoying when they just keep going on on at you .

the worst thing about my house is there is the lounge window and kitchen window on the front so they can see if where in in or not.

i might get one of those signs see if it works.

3. Tell them you're all sorted thanks but while there there, ask them if they'd be interested in buying something that you're selling.

haha! I love it! :D

Latest posts

Back