Downsizing photos ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragdoll >^..^<

Reaction score
I'll admit it - im not a whiz on the computer, i get by but there has to be an easier and quicker way to downsize photos to add them to my photo albums on this site :confused: i was adding photos to my profile yesterday, and the only way i could do it was to email each photo to myself first, save it , then download them to my profile album - what a polava !
Is there a quicker way ???? please :o

I open mine in Picasa, then click Export at the bottom right of the screen and you can resize then. Here's a free download (it is a great software):

Picasa: Free download from Google

Thanks Christine i'll give it a go :hug: x

When you 'open' your image on the pc, right click and go into 'edit', which opens the image in a new page.
On the top tool bar, click 'Image' & then choose 'stretch/skew', this opens a box....put in 25% in the 'horizontal' and the 'vertical' STRETCH boxes and ok that.
This will change the size of your image from say 175kb to 23kb, this is so important as when an image opens on a web page it will take ages & ages if it's a big file, also on this site, your image won't take up too much of your available image space.
Then save your image as a 'Save as' Then you can keep the original pic and have a 'Re-sized pic'.

It sounds more complicated than it is, just print my post and have a go, it'll take you 2 mins!

I always have a folder for pics I want to put on the internet and keep them all in there.

I always use microsoft office picture manager to edit, resize my pics.

I used to use (and still do occasionaly) something called irfanview(sp) but use that more for cd, dvd covers now as microsoft does just what i want.

Locate your picture, right click and select open with, if you have microsoft office picture manager it will be on the list. It realy is a breeze to use.

Thanks you guys ill give all your suggestions a go :hug: xxx i'm not really dumb or anything - im good at nails not computers :lol:

I use Photoshop to re-size photo's!

If you need any help, I can resize some for you...

When you 'open' your image on the pc, right click and go into 'edit', which opens the image in a new page.
On the top tool bar, click 'Image' & then choose 'stretch/skew', this opens a box....put in 25% in the 'horizontal' and the 'vertical' STRETCH boxes and ok that.
This will change the size of your image from say 175kb to 23kb, this is so important as when an image opens on a web page it will take ages & ages if it's a big file, also on this site, your image won't take up too much of your available image space.
Then save your image as a 'Save as' Then you can keep the original pic and have a 'Re-sized pic'.

It sounds more complicated than it is, just print my post and have a go, it'll take you 2 mins!

I always have a folder for pics I want to put on the internet and keep them all in there.

Ive just tried this and it works a treat and so easy ! Thanks Bev xxx

Latest posts

Back