Dress Up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you still play dress up?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 74 69.8%
  • No Way!!! I'm too grown

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Never I have no playful side!

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Only during Halloween

Votes: 17 16.0%

• Total voters

NtricateDesigns

Reaction score
How many of you still like to play dress up? I was talking to a fellow geek yesterday and found we both like to romp around the house in our own personal "play clothes" Is halloween your only time to shine or do you take time to have little sessions of leisure? Any good stories out there?

mmmmmmmm, I call it drag :)

Come on geeks! There have to be some funny stories out there...

I kind of HAD to dress up last winter. (every feb. 4 day's of carneval) No silly suits but all traditional party clothes ( blue farmers shirt and an old piece of curtain) and a silly hat.
At first I did not want to do it.. but after the first day I went wild and bought sily hats for my girls and myself.. We just loved it :lol:

Can't wait till feb 2007 :lol: I'm already making skirts for my girls out of old fashioned dutch red hankerchiefs (don't worry I bought new ones)

I kind of HAD to dress up last winter. (every feb. 4 day's of carneval) No silly suits but all traditional party clothes ( blue farmers shirt and an old piece of curtain) and a silly hat.
At first I did not want to do it.. but after the first day I went wild and bought sily hats for my girls and myself.. We just loved it :lol:

Can't wait till feb 2007 :lol: I'm already making skirts for my girls out of old fashioned dutch red hankerchiefs (don't worry I bought new ones)

That sounds like a load of fun, is it a family event? We dont have it here in the state...

I love to dress up, i am forever going through my wardrobe!!! I was at a fancy dress party last week, it was all very lasy minute and ended up going as cruella de vil! It was so funny, had the black and white wig and everything! :eek: My boyfriend went in a full chicken costume!! :lol:

I like to dress up during the holidays to go with the theme.....such as green for St.Pattys.....or hues of browns and orange for fall....red and green for Christmas to be in the spirit.....but I also just like to dress up in my finest........ makeup, hair, dress..... and just stay home.....kinda like they do on the soaps.....why? because I like too..... and you just have to have those days when you not only want to look pretty .....but FEEL pretty.....

That sounds like a load of fun, is it a family event? We dont have it here in the state...

No it acually is a town event Whole towns have different (mostly silly) name during those 4 day's.
It's only in the south of the country. I come from the middle and even though I had heard from it I never went. But now that I have a partner from the south.....I just HAD to go. They have a parade every day (I think) and bands all marching though the streets of the city centre.
Me and my daughters love it now.

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/191/159_bergen_op_zoom.jpg..jpg

they even dress up the big church silly people :lol:
http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/media/pictures/carnaval-bergenopzoom159.jpg

the monday is always special for the kids. With a kids parade and a play performed on the market square.

Have to say that in other city's and towns it's celebrated differently. Then adults dressup in silly outfits as well. Where I go we all kind of look the same.

How many of you still like to play dress up? I was talking to a fellow geek yesterday and found we both like to romp around the house in our own personal "play clothes" Is halloween your only time to shine or do you take time to have little sessions of leisure? Any good stories out there?
:green: would that be me hun !!! :green:
yep ..me and a friend have decided ,we are going to buy some dressing up clothes...stilleto's...wigs blinggin fake jewellry (you get the drift lol)
and put the kids in school...put loads of make up on and get dressed up .....why ????........JUST FOR FUN :green:

:green: would that be me hun !!! :green:
yep ..me and a friend have decided ,we are going to buy some dressing up clothes...stilleto's...wigs blinggin fake jewellry (you get the drift lol)
and put the kids in school...put loads of make up on and get dressed up .....why ????........JUST FOR FUN :green:

You know I was talkin about you.... I wanted to make sure, *we were not alone* LOL...

I couldn't vote. No answer applies to me.:cry:

Before my kids, I used to LOVE dressing up. My wardrobe style changed with my mood. From Executive in 300$ suits and highheels, to the tight jeans with crop-top and thigh-high boots.

Now, I look for excuses to wear my heels. And that includes functions at my daughter's preschool.
Being home every day with my kids... no point in putting my nice fun clothes on... They'll hug me with chocolate on their hands, or splatter me with finger paints....wipe their boogey noses on me....:irked:
So, I live in jeans. Boring jeans, tee-shirts and slippers.
Ok, so my jeans are sexy and low cut, and my teeshirts are tight :lol:
I still have my hair tossed up in a bun, outta the way, and no makeup on, and smell of whatever my kids have wiped on me most recently. (Ok, I lie, I wear perfume, even home alone:lol: )

I MISS getting dressed up. I miss going out for a night on the town with my gal-pals, putting my wardrobe together in such a way as to be slightly different, but not bizarre. I HATE looking like everyone else in the room. Makes me NUTS:lol: Maybe an eccentric accessory or top, or crazy footware... who knows.. depends on the mood. Playing up my make-up in different ways, same for hair. Straight one night, big and curly and wild another night.

I MISS IT!!!!

Help me.... I'm trapped in Mommy-world
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i love dressing up, any excuse, halloween , xmas,fancy dress or just getting dressed up in non mummy clothes, but that dosent happen as much anymore, but im game for it if anyone ever wants to, most people seem to feel embarrased though!!

i think it helps keep you young !! and i need all the help i can get fgs rofl

nice thread hun
xxxxxxx:hug:

LOL :green:
i remeber this ..do you know i never did do it :cry: and dont see the friend anymore ..nobody else i know would be that mental to dress up with me hahaha

I love getting dressed up....
Have done "Stars in their Eyes" at our local club the last few years! been Scissor Sisters, Abba, Sex Pistols and even played the Wicked Queen in our panto last year (see attached pic!!) I've taken some stick for that one, I can tell you!!

ps. going dressed up to the rocky Horror Show doesn't count, does it?

Attachments

• q2.JPG
    q2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 42
Only the one time for me!!

It was in London at a nightclub, the night was called "Car Wash".

It was all the disco tunes. I had a great night, hipster flares, platform shoes, cropped spangly top, a wig, false eyelashes and tonnes of glitter.

Wicked sounds aswell, OOOoooo! i do love a bit of motown, abba and the bee gees.

You should be dancing YEAH!!!!

Teri x:hug:

I Call it exciting the Partner............B xxx

I still dress up at Halloween! A few years ago some friends and I hit the town on Halloween dressed as 'tarty' witches, I met a man that night and now nearly four years on I am about to marry him! We both go all out every Halloween as it has a bit of a special meaning for us now lol!

I hold an annual Eurovision song contest :green: with some special girl-friends - We all have to dress up as a country (?- whatever your interpretation of that may be)We also have to bring food and drink from that country...Its hilarious - its girls only so the guys are kicked out , we have a feast and then get totally tipsy drinking shots from each country and we have a 'Cuppa Europa':eek:.. which is basically a mix of a lot of nasty stuff with straws and when your country gets 12 points or is on stage you gotta drink it down!!! We have score cards and have to vote on best dance routine, best clothes, best effort, best moving song, etc etc... its a total blast!

So yeah dressing up rocks!:hug:

What a lot of fun geeks we have! :green:

I'm an ageing Goth and I still (every so often) get all gothed up. I just wish I was as slim as I used to be! :irked: At the moment I look like the Michelin Man in black!!! :irked::irked::irked:

Latest posts

Back