Ellisons - Any Problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I started my own business in April and on the recommendation of my lecturers, ordered a load of stuff from Ellisons. Slight problem on delivery - the trousers of my much anticipated uniform didn't arrive. Despite many calls and emails, still no trousers (been waiting since 26th April), even though they appeared to be in stock at time of ordering. They've been very unhelpful and telephone manner has been dreadful. I really do not want to deal with them again. Has anyone had any similar experiences and can you recommend another company for general beauty supplies? I'm new to this so any comments would be great.:sad:

Don't even get me started! lol! I have never once had an e-mail replied to so have given up and you don't seem to get anywhere with phone calls. I will be avoiding them in future, even though they're my 'local' CND distributors

Ellisons can be a nightmare

the staff seem very unhelpful and incompetent most of the time.

Keep hastling them hun until you get what you ordered from them and then ask for a hefty discount for wasting your time.

Hope you get your trousers soon

Hi,
I use Simon Jersey, they are very helpful, orders arrive within 2 days, quality is great, call them or look on their website. www.simonjersey.com beauty/uniforms
They will send you a uniform catalogue through the post.
Best wishes x x x x

"Ellisons"... I have stopped using them now as I got sick of lack of stock & the staff being un-friendly, & just useless with my delivery details! :twisted:. I now use Beauty Express they a far better and they are lovely to deal with :D

If it wasnt for needing minx and ordering CND products I would not be using them at all. They are unbelievably rude on the phone and I have been waiting for some minx for 3/4 weeks.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad it wasn't me being neurotic! I spoke to them on Friday and they're telling me to expect to wait another 6 weeks. It was Diamond Designs salonwear that I ordered and now wish I'd bought from them directly. I just get the impression that they get so much business from colleges that they're not that bothered about losing business from small fry like me!

Well none of you have to go there to buy CND .... you know where it is. Sweet Squared ...08452106060 or Welcome - Sweet Squared if you already have an account .... if not then ring and set one up.

Well, I placed my first order with Ellison. Everything arrived very quickly and I even got a call from a very nice lady from Ellison asking if I received my package and offering any samples I might need. :)

I've never had any problems with Ellisons.
I generally go to the cash and carry and the staff are always very helpful. Even when i've rung them, they've always been very friendly and helpful on the phone.
I've also ordered online with no problems either. Everything was in stock and delivery was very quick.

Ive used Ellisons for about 10 years since I started at college and apart from a problem last year I have never had any complaints.

The problem was sorted out better than I could of expected in the end but I had to do a fair bit of chasing over the phone to get a result.

i have never had any problem with them either as for ss i have e-mailed them several times regarding differnt matters from order enquires to advice and not once have i had an e-mail back or a phone call

Hmmm. That's unusual. We have been manically busy the last few weeks which has pressured our usual rapid response - but everyone should be getting back to! PM me your details so I can chase up and make sure your requests aren't getting munched by the Spam Dog.

I placed my first order with Ellisons on Friday, and i the same found them unfriendly on the phone, I rang them twice to chase up my order and both times i wish i had ordered somewhere else. I will be ordering my wax somewhere else when i find somewhere that does the same one.

Charlotte

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I contacted Diamond Designs directly yesterday and they are going to send me the elusive item themselves. Think I'll try Beauty Express in the future.;)

Latest posts

Back